Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Promo Wk of 7/28
Topic Started: Jul 25 2008, 04:33 PM (1,703 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

The Phorgan stuff makes me ill; I guess if I need validation that I'm pretty much done with the show anyway that was all I needed. Now that I no longer want to watch Philip--and I never thought I'd say that--there's nothing I want to see except EJole and that probably won't happen. I never cared much about Bope so their vow renewal isn't enough to make me suffer through Phorgan. It's too bad, because it does look like they spent a lot of money (relatively).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pearly
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 25 2008, 05:10 PM
But it would be nice of Chelsea and put her Dad's feelings first given he loathes Daniel and would want this night to be perfect.
Tripp, I wouldn't go so far as to use the word 'loathes' IMO. I think Bo's just not down with the age difference...I think Chan will succesfully change Bo's mind on that eventually.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Pearly_Moon
Jul 25 2008, 05:17 PM
Tripp
But it would be nice of Chelsea and put her Dad's feelings first given he loathes Daniel and would want this night to be perfect.
Tripp, I wouldn't go so far as to use the word 'loathes' IMO. I think Bo's just not down with the age difference...I think Chan will succesfully change Bo's mind on that eventually.
:drunk: Lord, I hope not.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

The promo rocks, Bope's renewal should bring in some ratings..and i'm glad we get somewhat of a location shot..

Ponz
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 25 2008, 05:06 PM
Ok, this shows what a freak I am, but in the shot of the people at Bope's wedding renewal, is taht Daniel besides Chelsea? I figure he would be her date and I don't see Nick and he would be a HORTON there which is sorely needed.
And who invited Kate? :laugh:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ponz
Jul 25 2008, 06:35 PM
Tripp
Jul 25 2008, 05:06 PM
Ok, this shows what a freak I am, but in the shot of the people at Bope's wedding renewal, is taht Daniel besides Chelsea? I figure he would be her date and I don't see Nick and he would be a HORTON there which is sorely needed.
And who invited Kate? :laugh:
Daniel? :o

cjknick
Member Avatar

I like Bo and Hope but WTH Renewing their wedding vows seems like a whole lot of fluff to me the timing seems to be off for such an event. Morgan and Phillip he took a bullet for her so I guess that should warrant a little something something. But again the timing seems a bit off since her father is still missing.
Edited by cjknick, Jul 25 2008, 06:57 PM.

Pearly
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jul 25 2008, 05:34 PM
Pearly_Moon
Tripp
I don't agree with that decision....I just figure it's the direction Higley plans to take. Another thing that leads me to believe this is all the chit chat Chelsea has been having lately about children. I have a feeling she will "miraculously" get pregnant by--you guessed it: Dr. Dan. :eyeroll:

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

thanks for posting. Loved this promo. I can't wait to see the scenes.

D-Light
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jul 25 2008, 05:15 PM
The Phorgan stuff makes me ill; I guess if I need validation that I'm pretty much done with the show anyway that was all I needed. Now that I no longer want to watch Philip--and I never thought I'd say that--there's nothing I want to see except EJole and that probably won't happen. I never cared much about Bope so their vow renewal isn't enough to make me suffer through Phorgan. It's too bad, because it does look like they spent a lot of money (relatively).
:iagree: As usual, you pretty much summed up what I was thinking. Poor Philip! And I think its BS that Tony & Anna's wedding takes place off screen, but they go all out for Bo & Hope to renew their vows. :sarclap:

Days4Life

Pearly_Moon
Jul 25 2008, 06:50 PM
ladyofthelake
Jul 25 2008, 05:34 PM
Pearly_Moon
Tripp
I don't agree with that decision....I just figure it's the direction Higley plans to take. Another thing that leads me to believe this is all the chit chat Chelsea has been having lately about children. I have a feeling she will "miraculously" get pregnant by--you guessed it: Dr. Dan. :eyeroll:
It figures that Saint Daniel would have miracle sperm.

Loved the promo. This is what romance looks like...and not an elevator in sight!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Phillip and Morgan make me want to puke.

The Bo/Hope vow renewal looks great, although I wish it didn't seem so damn random and out of the blue. Also, I can't believe they actually went on location for some of the scenes, that's awesome!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I still don't see how this is random or out of the blue. It is supposed to be a surprise although it's a poor one considering the summer promos hinted at it and most that watch the show each day seem to have figured out from all the hints what Bo's surprise is.

Between the plane crash, Bo's illness, and Hope's kidnapping and the whole Ava thing...Bo and Hope have been through alot and both nearly died. Bo's father even died so the fact that he wanted to surprise her with this is fitting and they hinted around at it for well over a month, hell nearly two months. I think it's very logical and it has happened alot on soaps. I've even heard of people in real life doing it after a troubling life experience.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 26 2008, 02:12 AM
I still don't see how this is random or out of the blue. It is supposed to be a surprise although it's a poor one considering the summer promos hinted at it and most that watch the show each day seem to have figured out from all the hints what Bo's surprise is.
A "surprise" is a really nice way of putting it, LoL.

Nothing like this should be a surprise to viewers. It should be something that's built towards. We should've seen Bo and Hope planning this as a surprise for their family -- at least then we could've had some fun scenes to build towards it.

I'm not saying that I'm unhappy about it by any means, because I'm not. The promo looks fun. I think it would have viewers more excited though if we had something to build towards this, to build anticipation. I mean, we have all these random stories going on all over the place, and in the middle of it all we have this random out of the blue wedding? It seems out of place and purposeless in context with any current stories on the canvas.

Then again, I'm only reading the spoilers and not watching the show, so I could be way off base.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jul 26 2008, 02:24 AM
PhoenixRising05
Jul 26 2008, 02:12 AM
A "surprise" is a really nice way of putting it, LoL.

Nothing like this should be a surprise to viewers. It should be something that's built towards. We should've seen Bo and Hope planning this as a surprise for their family -- at least then we could've had some fun scenes to build towards it.

I'm not saying that I'm unhappy about it by any means, because I'm not. The promo looks fun. I think it would have viewers more excited though if we had something to build towards this, to build anticipation. I mean, we have all these random stories going on all over the place, and in the middle of it all we have this random out of the blue wedding? It seems out of place and purposeless in context with any current stories on the canvas.

Then again, I'm only reading the spoilers and not watching the show, so I could be way off base.
Kenny, Bo planned this on his own with Caroline and his family's help so it's not something Bo and Hope could've really planned together. They could've but I think the surprise on Bo's end is supposed to add to the romance of it. It's a romantic gesture. I'm not surprised Bope are getting this because Higley seems to love them.

It started in June when he went to Caroline and asked her to help plan something special for Hope because he was working alot and could use the help. She agreed. Then, Bo and Hope went to dinner and he wanted to celebrate their love and talk to her about something special he was planning for her. Bo was going to mention the surprise but opted not too because he saw Chelsea and Daniel and got upset and so on. He mentioned everything they've been through in recent months and how you only live once and all (which really seems to be the point where many fans figured out he was planning a vow renewal as a surprise and, of course, the summer of romance promo basically told us that as well). I think it all fits and it seems like this will tie in with the Philip/Bo stuff because his recent actions will be exposed around the same time so it's not random as it looks like it will tie in with a major story currently going on.

I even think this would've worked for Steve and Kayla, maybe moreso as he was presumed dead and all and with all the things they've been through too of late, it would work for them as well. I think it all fits together nicely. Yes, there are some things on the show that come out of the blue but I don't see this as one of them. It's been built up, just not in a blatant way because of the surprise angle. The way they are handling it seems to work in the context of everything. The spoilers really haven't told the whole story regarding this as the show has been dropping hints in the episodes and not so much in spoilers (outside of the summer of romance promo) but I don't think you are being off-base, really. I just think if you look at it in the context of what Bo and Hope have been through and what their family has been through, it fits and it works.

Tricky
Member Avatar

love the promo, bope gets a romantic OUTDOOR scene...wow that :rockon: and i am really liking phorgan more every day i hear about stefano coming back, this show would be heavenly to me if ejami had some forward movement

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Since when were Bo and Hope Dena's "beloved"?

Peg-leg and Morgan......Zzzzzzzzzzzz..........who gives a rats ass.

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

*YAWNS*...boring. I think I shall pass, no excitment there....could careless about Philly boy and Morgan the organ. He was better with Chloe and she was better with Max. And as for vow renewing *yawns* Sounds like they want some more wedding gifts...cheesey.

Mason

Leave it to Dena Higley to take something with great potential (Phorgan) and squander it by going from 0 to 70 mph with it in a span of seconds. I'm sorry, but no one will ever be able to convince me that these two are not being rushed. :hmmph:

The Bo/Hope stuff looks awesome, especially with the outdoors shooting (which looks gorgeous!). But why the hell is it being hyped up as the "Wedding of the Summer" or whatever, considering we didn't even know about it until just recently. IMO, big weddings should be something that are built up to, like J&M's wedding in 1999. This just seems to be coming out of left field (not that I should be surprised, all things considered).

Alligato
Member Avatar

Weird about Phorgan. It looks like they are dancing on the roof of Sami's apartment...what are either of them doing there? And if her dad is still missing and Phil was shot, what are they doing all dolled up and laughing and dancing?
I thought that the pace was going okay for a little while there, but this scene seems to come out of nowhere...maybe a little rushed.

And call me one of the few that couldn't care less about Bope renewing their vows. I just can't stand them as a couple. They are the least exciting, least interesting, too perfect and self righteous. St. Hope always on her high horse, and smug Bo always acting like such a stand up guy but never ceases to try to con a judge in letting Lucas' charge slip or dispose of evidence so Vic (who he NEVER had a relationship with) would be proud????

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply