Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Stefeno" Joe Mascolo live interview
Topic Started: Jul 25 2008, 09:13 PM (1,201 Views)
stefenohairychest
Member Avatar

daytimeconfidential.com

click on 'listen here" under his picture

then scroll down and click on....listen to DC

AND ENJOY STEFENO TALKING WITH OUT HIS ACCENT
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Thanks for posting! Here is the direct link:

http://www.pupuplatters.com/pupuplayer/pro/pupuplayer_pro.php?id=289

Joseph Mascolo Interview

Submitted by Daytime Confidential on July 25, 2008 - 1:12am.
News that Days of Our Lives supervillain Stefano DiMera wouldn't be coming out of his coma caused fans of the iconic character and his portrayer Joseph Mascolo to quickly mobilize. Soon after came the announcement that the Phoenix would indeed rise again from the ashes and more pointedly, from the coma Marlena (Deidre Hall) put him in.

Recently Luke and Jamey had the chance to speak with Salem's most famous puppet master Joseph Mascolo, aka Stefano DiMera himself, about his history-making run on Days. Find out what led to the decision to put Stefano on ice and why Mascolo firmly believes it was the fervent outcry of his friends (he doesn't like to use the word fans) who demanded The Powers That Be thaw Stefano out.

In the revealing interview Mascolo weighs in on how he feels Stefano should deal with his enemies-namely Marlena, his onetime "Queen of the Night" and John, his ultimate Pawn. Find out if he's worried about whether or not Victor Kiriakis (John Aniston) has become the new kingpin of Salem and if he believes The Phoenix should find love this time around.

They also compare and contrast the role of Stefano with Mascolo's memorable turn as Ridge Forrester's biological father Massimo Marone on The Bold and the Beautiful. You'll never guess Massimo and Stefano's surprising link! This is an interview Days and Bold and Beautiful fans won't soon forget.

We hope you enjoy listening to this industry giant as much as we did.

http://daytimeconfidential.com/dc-273-joseph-mascolo-interview/2008/07/25

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This was great. Good interview. The "13 letter" name thing I've heard before. It's interesting though.

I like how he tells it like it is but in a way that doesn't sound too bitter or rude. He does it jokingly, in a way. I know behind the scenes some have trouble with him but I think he isn't shy about wanting what he wants, especially material-wise, so that is no surprise but he fights for his character so I can understand that. I did like him noting how what SSM and Langan did to him sucked with all the satellite and brain chip garbage. I hope Stefano gets some romance too. Maybe have him explore things with Celeste again. Glad he clarified that Andre, not Stefano, imprisoned Lexie. Some people still thought he did LOL.

Good stuff. i hope his return is everything he wants and the fans want. It sounds like it will get off to a good start at least.

JustJo
Member Avatar

Really enjoyed the interview. Thanks for posting!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply