Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Spoiler Pictures; Max's Storyline
Topic Started: Jul 25 2008, 09:50 PM (1,356 Views)
JamieS

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just in case you need a source for these pictures

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=798505&pid=3371190&st=0&#entry3371190

I am assuming it pertains to the Max storyline with his sister.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ives
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting.

She kind of reminds me of Shayna Rose (the 1st Stephanie).

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Ives
Jul 25 2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for posting.

She kind of reminds me of Shayna Rose (the 1st Stephanie).
Thats funny i was thinking the same thing..but didn't post because i didn't remember her name...I hope she works out..

annalee003
Member Avatar

I love the Amy Winehouse hairdo she has in the bedroom photos.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

She's very pretty. The red hair does make her look like the first Stephanie

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Wow, she looks different than in her headshot...she's really very pretty and I hope she can act. Please, Molly, please be able to act.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I hope she can act too. I do have to act at her outfit and hair...methinks the show is trying really hard to make her seem like a hellcat.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Alright, who the hell is this bitch and why should I care about her?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like her look and she does look edgy and like a hellcat. I just hope she can act. She does look like Shayna Rose. I like her hair. Looks much different then the photo we saw before and even the photo Max has been showing recently on Days shows her looking a bit different now

With the exception of the Stax romance aspect, I like this story and I do think she may have chemistry with Nick. I look forward to what she will bring.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

So far I like her (as far as I can by a picture). If they really make her come off as she appears, then I say she should be a good mix given how they have declawed Chelsea, Sami and even Nicole is getting that way. Ava/TB is leaving so we need someone in town to shake things up.

Of course, because I'm a huge Nick fan, I'm dying to see her interact with him which she must...there really isn't anyone else left for her to hook up with and though I hate Dena for ruining Chick, I do admit their story was rushed and badly told so if she created a new bad girl/geeky guy, but this time with a real bad girl, not the pseudo kind that Chelsea was...it could be really interesting.

But so far she's dropped the ball with trying to reintroduce Nick back into the show while Stax is gone. I felt that was necessary he has been offscreen so much. Many fans need to get to know him again so they can care about a brand new character relationship, otherwise it feels like two brand new characters.

I also worry that introducing Melanie through stax is going to give her a big strike, so many people hate them at this point or just don't care. My hope is (though she should not be daughter of Nicole) that they give Melanie some scenes with Trent and especially Nicole (who must know her if she was married to Trent) so that people can see her outside of Stax.
Edited by Tripp, Jul 26 2008, 10:18 AM.

Ives
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 26 2008, 10:17 AM
So far I like her (as far as I can by a picture). If they really make her come off as she appears, then I say she should be a good mix given how they have declawed Chelsea, Sami and even Nicole is getting that way. Ava/TB is leaving so we need someone in town to shake things up.

Of course, because I'm a huge Nick fan, I'm dying to see her interact with him which she must...there really isn't anyone else left for her to hook up with and though I hate Dena for ruining Chick, I do admit their story was rushed and badly told so if she created a new bad girl/geeky guy, but this time with a real bad girl, not the pseudo kind that Chelsea was...it could be really interesting.

But so far she's dropped the ball with trying to reintroduce Nick back into the show while Stax is gone. I felt that was necessary he has been offscreen so much. Many fans need to get to know him again so they can care about a brand new character relationship, otherwise it feels like two brand new characters.

I also worry that introducing Melanie through stax is going to give her a big strike, so many people hate them at this point or just don't care. My hope is (though she should not be daughter of Nicole) that they give Melanie some scenes with Trent and especially Nicole (who must know her if she was married to Trent) so that people can see her outside of Stax.
I would love to see Nick in some type of relationship like that. The biggest problem with Chick for me is that Nick was in insta-love with Chelsea before she ever showed a vulnerable side. I never quite understood why he "loved" her right away. The show could have done a few things to show us but it was never done. Kind of like how the audience saw Kayla seeing a different side of Steve in small moments that the rest of Salem never saw - none of the Salemites understood why she would believe in him but the audience totally did and was rooting for her.

And by actually showing the story like that, we could see a different side of Nick, also.

Does this new actress have any prior experience?

I want to get behind and become invested in a younger couple - but none have drawn me in. Maybe if they write Morgan a little more smart and stronger, I could see something interesting with Philip.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ives
Jul 26 2008, 10:28 AM

I would love to see Nick in some type of relationship like that. The biggest problem with Chick for me is that Nick was in insta-love with Chelsea before she ever showed a vulnerable side. I never quite understood why he "loved" her right away. The show could have done a few things to show us but it was never done. Kind of like how the audience saw Kayla seeing a different side of Steve in small moments that the rest of Salem never saw - none of the Salemites understood why she would believe in him but the audience totally did and was rooting for her.

And by actually showing the story like that, we could see a different side of Nick, also.

Does this new actress have any prior experience?

I want to get behind and become invested in a younger couple - but none have drawn me in. Maybe if they write Morgan a little more smart and stronger, I could see something interesting with Philip.
I was able to fanwank the insta love NIck had for Chelsea because he was a) young b) inexperienced and c) sheltered to bookworm types never seeing a girl like Chelsea before. He also got to know her vulnerable side in that LS story which actually made sense on some levels, but the show always shows that kind of thing offscreen.

So this time I'd love for them to take things slower and if I didn't know any better, the few spoilers we have should mean that Nick knows exactly what kind of a girl Melanie is as he rushes to Europe maybe to warn Max and help out. If he's turned off by Melanie and telling truths about her, that should piss her off and I could get a bad girl/geeky guy with a love/hate twist. Hee, when it comes to love/hate, I'm always drawn to them (I don't know why, would hate finding out that a guy I loathe is my one true love or something). I guess because it really takes time to do an evolution so the initial falling in love story should take longer.

As for her experience, she's been in a Life episode but I think she was playing a corpse so that doesn't count. Blake had little screen experience but tons of theater so maybe we will get that with her...I hope she can act. And of course there should be chemistry with her and Blake. I am hoping since we know they were searching for her for so long they did this right and screen tested.

And I know what you mean in getting invested in a young couple. I started that with Phorgan but they ruined that already.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Word. If this character has any chance at being successful, she must have scenes outside of Stax. I do although have an issue with the bad girl thing right off that bat if tptb are trying to set up a parallel to Nicole making them related more than by marriage. Whether she's put in a romance quickly or not, I do want to get to know the character before that happens so we have something to latch onto. I just want them to take their time with Melanie and not rush every damn thing.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The show could use a young vixen. They had one in Cassie a few years ago and dropped the ball on that. Then they had Chelsea but they redeemed her pretty fast. For awhile, they had Shelley play Stephanie as kind of a bad girl type but that didn't work. Melanie could work well as that sort of character and it would be fitting if she ends up being Nicole's daughter. That dynamic could be fun to see.

Chick was cute and I liked them but the problem with that was they seemed to make it more about redeeming Chelsea through Nick at the beginning then anything else. Plus, they rushed their making love (and we never even saw it) and they never really had a solid story together. If they end up reuniting, that's fine because I do enjoy them but I see potential for both characters outside of the Chick pairing.

Alligato
Member Avatar

How old is this chick supposed to be? Isn't Nick a college professor? So he is at least 25, so if this chick is in boarding school, at the most 18, isn't that a bit freaky? She looks about 20 though.

I just hope she can act too. I can't take another Chloe...gorgeous, perfect, but can't act for shit.

Maybe she will come back to Salem (don't really know why though...sounds like she is living it up in Paris), get with Nick, Chelsea will be jealous and maybe we can see the return of Chelsea instead of this baby-talking grinning teen.

I wish I knew where this story was going to go. Is this going to be like that Who Wants To Be A Soap Star chick and her sidekick, where they introduced them with all the mystery and Celtic tattoos, then dropped them with no warning?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Alligato, I don't think Crystal (who is the IWTBASS person you are talking about) would've been written out had Hogan not been fired. He loved her and she was signed to a 3 year deal in addition to the short-term one she had from winning. The minute the new regime too over she was gone.

I'm not sure if she is attending the boarding school or living at it. She may have already finished her studies and maybe is staying there as an employee or something. I think she is supposed to be older then 18 though.

sungrey

PhoenixRising05
Jul 26 2008, 12:14 PM
The show could use a young vixen. They had one in Cassie a few years ago and dropped the ball on that. Then they had Chelsea but they redeemed her pretty fast. For awhile, they had Shelley play Stephanie as kind of a bad girl type but that didn't work. Melanie could work well as that sort of character and it would be fitting if she ends up being Nicole's daughter. That dynamic could be fun to see.

Chick was cute and I liked them but the problem with that was they seemed to make it more about redeeming Chelsea through Nick at the beginning then anything else. Plus, they rushed their making love (and we never even saw it) and they never really had a solid story together. If they end up reuniting, that's fine because I do enjoy them but I see potential for both characters outside of the Chick pairing.
I'd like to see some sort of a triangle. Chick vs. Max's sister -- yeah, that's it.

So what if Blake and Rachel don't like working with each other (just speculation, I don't know this for fact). It's a soap. Ya got jobs. Live with it. :)

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Blake in real life is just about to turn 24 which probably is what Nick's age is supposed to be. I hope they don't make her 18 (or god forbid younger than that). She is 20 in RL so I'm hoping she is at least. I'm sick of Nick being a starter boyfriend for young girls on this show.

That siad, even if she is younger, the point of her living in Europe and being in trouble all the time with at least knowing that creepy Trent is her father probably means she's lived more of a life than the other girls on the show. One thing taht always bugged me about bad girl Chelsea, was until she found out she was adopted, she was supposed to have a good life with the Bensons who loved her and raised her in love. The bad girl situation was more out of trying to recreate a new family with her new family and possibly having being catered to all her life (I'm sure they spoiled her) and Bo and Billie not falling in line. So Chelsea was less of a bad girl but more of a selfish brat which actually is a harder person to properly redeem.

If I was writing Melanie (and you guys should wish I was), I would have introduced her coming in and trying to set up Max as this long lost sister who needs a big brother to guide her. She would lie to him about how Trent has been a horrible father to her but in reality she is cahoots with Trent in trying to break Max and cause some revenge on his digging up his father's business. However as we see her play Max and talk to Trent secretly, we would see that she is in an abusive relationship with her father, she just doesn't realize it as he clearly is willing to use his daughter to meet whatever needs he has. Since Days loves their "girls who want their daddy's love more than anything" themes, Melanie's motivation to make her father happy would be what drives her to act out like this. I wouldn't let Nicole be her mother but I would let them know each other and become friends again (much to Trent's dismay but he lets it go). With Ava leaving, Nicole will need another friend and it would help show the softer side of Melanie which then could be brought out more as she interacts with Nick. I wrote this all up in my blog sometime ago before we found out Nicole's real secret which is a shame as I liked my idea better.

Mason
Member Avatar

All I see when I look at those pictures is me not giving a good God damn.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply