Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dena Higley QUITS — SUDS REPORT EXCLUSIVE; Breaking News — TVGC; ATWT actor FIRED
Topic Started: Jul 26 2008, 06:10 PM (113,237 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

The SUDS Report!

More details tomorrow...

In the meantime, updates from Nelson:

"MAJOR, MAJOR NEWS IN MONDAY'S NELSON RATINGS. This story just got nastier! And it involves Y&R. Just wait... this DAYS story is going to break your hearts. It's a sad, sad, world in daytime. There's NO hope."

"I can't legally do anything until tomorrow. I would NEVER have guessed yesterday that this news story would go in this direction. My sources left out A LOT of facts originally, and to be fair I misunderstood what they were trying to imply because of a certain scandal last year. If you love irony, tomorrow you'll be drenched in it, but depressed. I want to put you all out of your misery, but I can't. And tomorrow, please don't shoot the messenger. It gets ugly... and I don't think Days will ever recover. Yes, it sounds like I'm teasing, but I'm not.... I really didn't know what I was getting myself involved with which has never happened before in my career. This makes Martha Byrne's departure seem like a love affair between her and ATWT! News story of the year, yes, but no one wants to deliver this kind of news. But I have to now. And no, Days isn't canceled."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

What the fuck?????? Dena Higley quit, holy crap...

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Spread the news before Corday f*cks it all up!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Okay where the is everyone else, this is potentially huge news..And while i'm starting to enjoy Dena now, i'm guessing that has more to do with Rick Draughton..Having her out will be good for the show..

Alin89
Member Avatar

omg r u serious about higely if so Im so happy!!

hops
Member Avatar

OMG!!!!!!! Wooooohooooooo! :hail:

except I am not a fan of Y&R type writing, so I'm not happy about that change.
Edited by hops, Jul 26 2008, 06:22 PM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

No, I just made it up. Of course, I am!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Where is Kenny??? he will be ecstatic...

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

YES!!!!!

But please, no Jack Smith or Josh Griffith. DAYS fans would hate Smith's slow pace and if they reviled Hogan, they'll hate Smith even more. Griffith, just no, he's all wrong.

I don't see Smith leaving B&B, especially after his BFF Kay Alden is now HW.

I say hire a writer who is an actual fan of DAYS or someone who hasn't written for soaps before, but is a fan of DAYS.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Jul 26 2008, 06:23 PM.

Alin89
Member Avatar

im still in shock about this. i want tom caselouo as head writer now

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

WHAT!!!!

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

This day just gets better and better...such gossip in so little time, Alvin!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thank Christ. :drunk:

She did a few things right, but many things wrong.

I wonder if Corday will be pissed at Ed Scott since he seems to be the reason she bailed.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I think Rick Draughon might get the promotion and he might turn out to be good. I mean, he was a fan of DAYS (or so they say) prior to joining as a writer. DAYS needs new blood more than any other soap, IMO.

And NaV, I'm ready for the gossip. ;)

squee
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Jul 26 2008, 06:14 PM
What the fuck?????? Dena Higley quit, holy crap...
:cheer: :rockon: :cheer: :cheers: :cheer: :applause: :cheer:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

OK, April was months ago............This is for real?

ginababe
BANNED

Someone needs to go knock on Tom Cassiello's door!!! "Hi are you available?"!!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Jul 26 2008, 06:28 PM
I think Rick Draughon might get the promotion and he might turn out to be good. I mean, he was a fan of DAYS (or so they say) prior to joining as a writer. DAYS needs new blood more than any other soap, IMO.

And NaV, I'm ready for the gossip. ;)
Apparently he was a mod at SC back in 2002 and he was very rude to some of the members there and he made it perfectly clear that he hated Philip, John and Marlena and that he was pro-Broe and pro-Brady. I don't know if this is true but that's what I was told.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

OMG!

This turned my frown upside down!

I hope this is true!

For the love of god let this be true!

jane1978

Not surprising. She was obviously unhappy, she was hated by anyone and I quess it was impossible to get any good dialog/associate writer why she occupied the job. On the other side, what HW will want to work for DAYS now? I quess Rick Draughon will be given the position temporarily, but after that? Who would even want write for DAYS after the Brash/Cwikley, Highley, Railly, Sheffer, Highley fiasco. The different writers already tried everything from total campy show to ultra realistic character driven storylines. Nothing helped.

Anyway, kudos to Dena for stepping down because it takes a lot of courage and with Corday´s support she could probably hold the position atleast for another year. I liked a lot of her ideas and stories on paper and in the spoilers, but for some reason it mostly ended flat on screen. We will see what happens now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply