Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC: Pratt wants to restore AMC's glory days
Topic Started: Jul 26 2008, 08:23 PM (514 Views)
kserox10

New All My Children Head Writer Wants to Return Soap to Glory Days

By Lynda Hirsch
Jul 25, 2008

Any word on what "All My Children's" new head writer has in store for the show, Georgia, from Baltimore asks. The answer, When Chuck Pratt Jr. takes over the AMC writing helm on Aug. 27, he is hoping to return the show to its glory days in ratings and story line content. In a recent conversation Pratt, who has held key positions on shows from "Melrose Place" to "Ugly Betty," to "Sunset Beach" and "General Hospital," recalls watching and loving AMC in its prime.

New All My Children Head Writer Wants to Return Soap to Glory Days

"Agnes Nixon (the show's creator, longtime head writer and moral compass) could weave a story and make a point at the same time. I will not compare myself to her, but I understand the show's basic feels. Agnes has never shied away from important topics. From legalized abortion to taking a stand on the Vietnam War, AMC told both sides of the story, but also had a point of view. Family is very important on this show and it will continue to be."

Pratt thinks Adam Chandler needs to be totally front and center. When you have a character of his dynamic why not use him all the time, he muses.

Fans of "Ugly Betty" will see Fusion turn into a real work place. Pratt wonders how the beauty products company gets anything done. He is right when he says we need to see more of Kendall and Greenlee's work ethic. Presently it seems to be about having fun and using the strip club pole they have in the office. Can you imagine working for this spoiled-from-birth duo? We can and so can Pratt. A day at the office will not be a day at the beach.

Pratt's first assignment is turning Jake (Ricky Paull Goldin) and Taylor (Beth Ehlers) into the iconic couple the actors were when they played "Guiding Light" super couple Gus and Harley for seven years. Pratt knows a lot about super couples: Can you say "Luke and Laura"?

As for which characters will be written out, Pratt is being mum, but does not plan a wholesale slaughter of long loved characters.

"'All My Children': The show is about family. The title says it all."

[url="http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272621741.shtml"]http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publi...272621741.shtml[/url]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

He's making some bold promises, IMO.

And why has he never even mentioned characters such as JR, Jesse, Angie, etc. ... do they not count? Jesse and Angie are long-time legacy characters. He should want them front and center also.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

KMan101
Jul 28 2008, 10:19 AM
He's making some bold promises, IMO.

And why has he never even mentioned characters such as JR, Jesse, Angie, etc. ... do they not count? Jesse and Angie are long-time legacy characters. He should want them front and center also.
That is concerning...since Angie and Jesse were the only watchable characters for the better part of 2008.

kserox10

I hope Pratt is able to give Jesse/Angie a SL.

But at least hopefully we will get more Erica/Adam!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply