Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SUDS REPORT UPDATE; Higley VS. Scott — Who's really writing?
Topic Started: Jul 28 2008, 10:54 AM (1,493 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Soaps/Suds/Articles/080724_news_nelson
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ponz
Member Avatar

Ed is responsible for this shit?

sitrian
Member Avatar

Eh, aside from potential WGA lawsuitage here I'm not sure what the big "no hope" deal is. I mean it's ugly business I get that. When is the last time Higs says she got to write? Because the last couple of weeks have improved things... so maybe it's not such a bad thing aside from the labor issues.

And if she doesn't have enough control to keep her stuff from being scuttled, well, they need somebody who does.

jules

Ponz
Jul 28 2008, 10:57 AM
Ed is responsible for this shit?
I've been thinking lately it might be him because I know there have been rewrites with the nuJohn story.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

So, the Y&R connection is Griffith is doing the same thing to Maria at Y&R (HENCE WHY SCOTT WANTS HIM AT DAYS?)

This whole thing is a clusterfuck, and Ed Scott is NOT the man many of us thought he was.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Wow.

Ponz
Member Avatar

sitrian
Jul 28 2008, 10:58 AM
Eh, aside from potential WGA lawsuitage here I'm not sure what the big "no hope" deal is. I mean it's ugly business I get that. When is the last time Higs says she got to write? Because the last couple of weeks have improved things... so maybe it's not such a bad thing aside from the labor issues.

And if she doesn't have enough control to keep her stuff from being scuttled, well, they need somebody who does.
I guess it depends how one defines "quite some time". The stories are finalised at least 8 weeks in advance so even if Ed and co. took over a few months ago, it may not apply to the stuff we're seeing now.
Edited by Ponz, Jul 28 2008, 11:04 AM.

ths59

What a let down, I found nothing really ugly and earth shattering in the latest update. Backstabbing is common place in any industry and people are always jockeying for their work to be upfront and center.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

The only scandal I see is the legal scandal of supposed amateurs taking over. BUT, if Dena Higley is sour grapes, is this really true? Or is she just pissed and trying to pass the buck?
I wonder who this so-called diva is. If this is a reference to Mary Beth Evans, Stephen Nichols was in on the whole "needing a resolution to Ava" thing. Mary Beth Evans is the antithesis of a diva, as far as I'm concerned.
You had my hopes with with the "Hall takes new role". I was hoping it was a new role on another show, LOL. But, that's just me....
Edited by ladyofthelake, Jul 28 2008, 11:14 AM.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I have wondered how Higley went off track so quickly. She went off track quicker at Days than she did at OLTL. It took almost a good year before things got as bad at OLTL as they have gotten at Days.

Days was on fire under Higley through the beginning of March. It wasn't spectacular but it was good and felt like Days.

Days has been really bad, uneven and boring for quite some time.

If this goes back to the blog entry that was referred to this goes back to at least the beginning of June.

Evidently Rick Draughon isn't even writing if amateurs are writing.

I know rumors were out years ago that some of the writers at Y&R didn't like Ed Scott. I wonder if he has done stuff like this before.

jane1978

Interesting, but not nearly as shocking as I thought/was afraid of. First, this source is close to Highley so he is not objective. I´m sure Ed Scott is doing changes in the scripts, most of producer does. But part of the HW´s job is accept those changes and work them in, not throw hissyfit and refuse any rewrites which is what she apparently did.

This all IMO stems from the fact Dena seems very impulsive/nerve woman with a lot to deal with. She wants to be good HW but she doesn´t have the abilities/time/patience so she blames everybody else who tries to clean her mess. This source says Ed is asking some actors to write their story/scenes. Is it told in a negative way but honestly, that´s exactly what the actors praise Ed Scott for. They say he talks with them about the storyline and he allows them to change the lines to work better. Is that bad? Of course not. If Scott is the one responsible for the recent Ava/Kayla/Steve scenes he did the right thing.

Anyway, this really seems more like a scream of angry, unappreciated woman who thinks everybody is against her than an objective report. We will see what happens next.
Edited by jane1978, Jul 28 2008, 11:26 AM.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Steve Frame
Jul 28 2008, 11:21 AM
I know rumors were out years ago that some of the writers at Y&R didn't like Ed Scott. I wonder if he has done stuff like this before.
Kay Alden HATES Ed Scott, she got him fired from Y&R in 2001. There was a power stuggle between them and Kay went to Bill Bell, who sided with Alden and fired Scott.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Well i'll gladly take this news..I had hyped myself that it was so much more..I'm guessing that Ed probably wrote the Steve and Kayla discussing Ava stuff and probably that green crap...

Ponz
Member Avatar

jane1978
Jul 28 2008, 11:23 AM
Interesting, but not nearly as shocking as I thought/was afraid of. First, this source is close to Highley so he is not objective. I´m sure Ed Scott is doing changes in the scripts, most of producer does. But part of the HW´s job is accept those changes and work them in, not throw hissyfit and refuse any rewrites which is what she apparently did.

This all IMO stems from the fact Dena seems very impulsive/nerve woman with a lot to deal with. She wants to be good HW but she doesn´t have the abilities/time/patience so she blames everybody else who tries to clean her mess. This source says Ed is asking some actors to write their story/scenes. Is it told in a negative way but honestly, that´s exactly what the actors praise Ed Scott for. They say he talks with them about the storyline and he allows them to change the lines to work better. Is that bad? Of course not. If Scott is the one responsible for the recent Ava/Kayla/Steve scenes he did the right thing.

Anyway, this really seems more like a scream of angry, unappreciated woman who thinks everybody is against her than an objective report. We will see what happens next.
I agree. We're told that this is a "super reliable" source but the person is framing the situation in a way that paints Scott in the worst possible light.
This makes it sound like a sinister cabal of Ed/cast members have hijacked the show from poor Dena. It could just as easily be portrayed as Ed trying to salvage Dena's dreadful stories by seeking input from the cast.

FanODays

It is a legal issue unless ES and the actress are members of the WGA. If it is true, I give them credit for trying to save the show from being flushed down the toilet by bad writing. We will probably never know who wrote what.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I have a hard time believing it. ES is responsible for the weak women? Chan? Stax?

The only reason though I could suspect it is true is that BI. And IMO that would mean ES would be the producer (which is a bigger scandel than this).

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

FanODays
Jul 28 2008, 11:39 AM
It is a legal issue unless ES and the actress are members of the WGA. If it is true, I give them credit for trying to save the show from being flushed down the toilet by bad writing. We will probably never know who wrote what.
The sad thing is that if it is true he was sleeping with this lady then it may have not even had anything to do with bettering the show but simply just an old fashioned Hollywood story of a young diva trying to get ahead in the business and using the men in power to do so.

Watch the movie All About Eve sometime.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks Nelson, this is all very very shocking....

Kenny
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Jul 28 2008, 11:01 AM
So, the Y&R connection is Griffith is doing the same thing to Maria at Y&R (HENCE WHY SCOTT WANTS HIM AT DAYS?)
That's definitely the Y&R connection. Pretty sad.

ljacks13
Member Avatar

This story is so unbelievable, I don't think I believe it just because it is so outrageous. No wonder this industry is such mess because these situations are allowed to happen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply