Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SUDS REPORT UPDATE; Higley VS. Scott Who's really writing?
Topic Started: Jul 28 2008, 10:54 AM (1,439 Views)
fancyface78
Member Avatar

Why don't Ed and the actors who want to write for the show just join the WGA and make it legit?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dr. Chip

This isn't shocking to me at all. I'm just surprised Dena lasted longer than her last stint as DAYS' head writer. Ed Scott may have been writing the show for "quite some time," but I think most of that material is stuff we haven't seen yet. The crap that's been on the air in recent months is pure Dena -- it sounds okay on paper, the execution is ruined, the story is just plain boring, and then it falls flat.

I remember what Ed Scott did for this show when he first came on board. I remember how excited the cast and the fans were, and I remember the difference he made. Dena can whine and cry all she wants, but I'm grateful that Ed is there. Hiring Ed, in my opinion, is the best move Corday has ever made.

Dena was a failure the last time she wrote DAYS, and then she bombed out at OLTL. When she decided to let the Phoenix stay in the comatose "ashes" this time around, and then Joe had a public fit about it, and then Joe was suddenly brought back, I knew it was only a matter of time.

The only problem now is . . . Ken Corday. Whether he's firing a good writer or a bad writer, he always seems to be firing writers. (Maybe Dena quit, but the handwriting has been on the wall for a while.) That hurts the credibility and stability of the show. And now we have to fear who he might choose next.

On a positive note, I think Deidre Hall will be moving back to the forefront again, and I think Martha Madison ought to start sitting by her phone. It's about to ring.
Edited by Dr. Chip, Jul 28 2008, 05:59 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply