Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ten Point Plan to Save Days; It really isn't that difficult
Topic Started: Jul 28 2008, 07:48 PM (1,510 Views)
daisysmommy

TEN POINT PLAN TO SAVE DAYS
1.Tell everyone on staff that it's either shape up or hit the unemployment line—and mischief is KILLING not just your house, but the whole neighborhood—the whole genre!!!
2.For heaven’s sake, stop making Dimera Mansion a freshman dorm room
3a.Get a writer who understands character-- preferably one that also understands DOOL characters and
3b. Make all the actors STFUp and do their jobs—like, act…correct historical error if you’ve been around for 20 years and catch somethin' amiss, but nothing else…(Yes Drake, this means you—we don’t care about your excitement at evolving your acting chops—your recent shenanigans have many of those who supported you wish you’d gone back to Indiana)
4.Put the fanbase favorites on to regain lapsed viewers (Yes, I am a J&M junkie, so I am seeing red, yellow and purple with Colorado and Java… but I mean put ALL the vets who have active fanbases on…DOOL was up ½ pt in Feb vs now…because of J&M who actually felt like J&M AND all the other vets too)
5.Write scenes that reflect even semi-coherence (I think you will have to build to whole shows that don’t have character inconsistencies—start small, then try whole show, two consecutive shows and so forth)
6.Build new characters slowly-- some will catch on if you give them a chance to become familiar before they are porking multiple partners
7.Stop shoving sea-monkey/magic rock pairings down our throats
8.Deal with Ali’s absence now—SLOW build that makes sense-- no more Stan crap
9.Write character driven stories and stay out of elevators and off rooftops. DOOL fans—yes the 18-49ers, AND the 18-34 subset—watch DOOL specifically for internal angst, or even triangle angst with real depth (see Kritter/Billie). Even when there are aliens and devils—DOOLers watch because of characters they know, love and empathize with…
10.Bring back fan faves (and give them story—a la J&Jen) or stunt cast with friends of yore (Patsy, Doug, Julie…) and stop dressing them like circus clowns

Seriously, it is not that complicated. Stick your egos and libidos in a dark corner, and set to doing what you SHOULD be doing—creating addictive television with characters we feel are family.
Please. And thank you.

PS-- It would help if you could actually SEE the show-- the new lighting is inane-- yes, rosy up the vet camera lenses to be kind, but for chrissakes, it shouldn't ALWAYS look like there's a power outtage.
Edited by daisysmommy, Jul 28 2008, 07:52 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

In regards to the historical errors I have heard many of many times that when an actor points that out they are normally told to shut up though with recent events that might not be the case on DAYS.

Mason
Member Avatar

At this point, the only thing that can save DAYS is, unfortunately, the one thing that will never happen: Corday no longer running the show.

King
Member Avatar

Mason stole my line.

jcar03
Member Avatar

My Plan:

1. Corday leaves.

that is it.

Shylock

Jack and Jennifer are probably never going to return, since they'd have to recast Jennifer and I don't think people would accept it no matter who played the part. Cause isn't Melissa Reeves retired?

Also. You're really missing the point completely by saying "get a writer who knows how to [whatever].." It's more that they need to get rid of the producers and executives who put their noses in where they do not belong. Extending the Vendetta origins storyline and ruining Sami/EJ's storyline, as per what Tom Casiello talked about, based on NBC Message Board response is just ridiculous. That needs to go.

Then from there you can see what other improvements need to be made.

"Bringin' back da vets" isn't a legitimate solution. It's getting the most out of who you have. Ex: Steve and Kayla's return should have been way more than it was. It started out ok, but it really sunk away around the Tinda Lau and mental hospital storylines. So much so, it killed their much-anticipated return dead. It went from "Hey I can't wait to see these guys return" over the course of many years since Steve's death, to "All that, for this? Eh. *shrug*"

Shylock

Posted Image
1) Corday leaves.
2) ???
3) Profit.

Sariah
Member Avatar

11. I need them to reunite Phloe. :D

Alligato
Member Avatar

daisysmommy
Jul 28 2008, 07:48 PM
PS-- It would help if you could actually SEE the show-- the new lighting is inane-- yes, rosy up the vet camera lenses to be kind, but for chrissakes, it shouldn't ALWAYS look like there's a power outtage.
Amen!
I thought it was just me! Sometimes I can hardly see a thing...and try to adjust my tv. Never works.

Mason
Member Avatar

I much prefer the lighting now, compared to how it was under Wyman where it was always ultrabright. The current lighting reminds me of how beautifully lit DAYS was in the 90's, giving the show its Gothic feel back then.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

If a lcouple is well written, and built up slowly, I believe the fan bases can learn to love new couplings. Otherwise, there never would have been such a large EJami fan base. The problem is not instantly meeting and falling into bed together. Even the Phillip Chloe stuff didn't have the right build up, at least not enough to make me care if they were to stay together. I do like Lucas and chloe, but that is only because I like seeing BD doing something other than being a Sami doormat, and hav ing such an ugly look on his face all the time.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Lighting looks fine to me.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I have more of an issue with the sound, especially when the underscoring music is playing.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jul 30 2008, 04:37 PM
I have more of an issue with the sound, especially when the underscoring music is playing.
I have always disliked the too loud background music. I prefer to hear the dialog (well, sometimes not so much).

Manny
Member Avatar

Only 10 points? I think DAYS has far more problems and it can't be saved with only 10 points.. LOL

Sindacco
Member Avatar

LorrieOw
Jul 29 2008, 09:03 PM
If a lcouple is well written, and built up slowly, I believe the fan bases can learn to love new couplings. Otherwise, there never would have been such a large EJami fan base. The problem is not instantly meeting and falling into bed together. Even the Phillip Chloe stuff didn't have the right build up, at least not enough to make me care if they were to stay together. I do like Lucas and chloe, but that is only because I like seeing BD doing something other than being a Sami doormat, and hav ing such an ugly look on his face all the time.
Philip and Chloe didn't need build up, they already had that in 2000-2001.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

The couples that I want together are EJ and Nicole and Philip and Chloe, but what's going to make me completely captivated by Days again is so much more beyond that. I want there to be excitig storylines where the mometum does not skip a beat, I'd like to be glued to my screen.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Jul 31 2008, 10:59 AM.

JustJo
Member Avatar

daisysmommy
1.Tell everyone on staff that it's either shape up or hit the unemployment line—and mischief is KILLING not just your house, but the whole neighborhood—the whole genre!!!
3a.Get a writer who understands character-- preferably one that also understands DOOL characters and
3b. Make all the actors STFUp and do their jobs—like, act…correct historical error if you’ve been around for 20 years and catch somethin' amiss, but nothing else…(Yes Drake, this means you—we don’t care about your excitement at evolving your acting chops—your recent shenanigans have many of those who supported you wish you’d gone back to Indiana)
4.Put the fanbase favorites on to regain lapsed viewers (Yes, I am a J&M junkie, so I am seeing red, yellow and purple with Colorado and Java… but I mean put ALL the vets who have active fanbases on…DOOL was up ½ pt in Feb vs now…because of J&M who actually felt like J&M AND all the other vets too)
5.Write scenes that reflect even semi-coherence (I think you will have to build to whole shows that don’t have character inconsistencies—start small, then try whole show, two consecutive shows and so forth)
6.Build new characters slowly-- some will catch on if you give them a chance to become familiar before they are porking multiple partners
9.Write character driven stories and stay out of elevators and off rooftops. DOOL fans—yes the 18-49ers, AND the 18-34 subset—watch DOOL specifically for internal angst, or even triangle angst with real depth (see Kritter/Billie). Even when there are aliens and devils—DOOLers watch because of characters they know, love and empathize with…
10.Bring back fan faves (and give them story—a la J&Jen) or stunt cast with friends of yore (Patsy, Doug, Julie…) and stop dressing them like circus clowns

Seriously, it is not that complicated. Stick your egos and libidos in a dark corner, and set to doing what you SHOULD be doing—creating addictive television with characters we feel are family.
Please. And thank you.

Absolutely LOVE most of your ideas! It certainly would be a start toward bringing DAYS back to some semblance of quality programming. :applause:

thereyougo

daisysmommy

Please. And thank you.

I agree with all but number 10. It is so simple yet tiic don't seem to get it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

#1-10: GET RID OF KEN CORDAY OR LIMIT HIM TO JUST BUSINESS (WHICH HE WOULD PROBABLY STILL FUCK UP ANYWAY).

I could go more detailed but others touched on it and this solution alone would be a HUGE step in the right direction.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply