Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Weekly Discussion; Week of July 28
Topic Started: Jul 28 2008, 07:49 PM (3,606 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Are we going to discuss the show this week? Can I start the thread?

So today we have Kate going in and upsetting Victor. I know it was wrong of her but honestly I'm not sure I can really call her stupid or go off like Dr. Dan can. I think LK did a great job in today's show to tell how Kate has a lot going on between Lucas, Victor, Philip and even whatever the hell is going on with her and Daniel. Should she have told Victor like that? No no no. But can I sympathisize for her predicament? Yes.

Meanwhile Daniel shooeing Chelsea away so he can support Kate was interesting, until she pissed him off. He was right in this case, along maybe with Chelsea but my guess is that this is more about control for him rather than Victor's condition. I think back when Kate asked for a new doctor before we knew they had an affiar. At the time it was presented as a mystery but in hindsight, she had every right to do so and Daniel should have been understanding. Instead he got insulted and a little threatened. Its kind of like a God complex. Now if the show is just meaning to be writing him like this.

John had the Salem brain today when he was laying out what was happened to Roman. I thought EJ/JS did well though I wish the show could have dived into EJ's own shooting which was not 6-7 months ago. You'd think he would have been more traumatized by this since Bluto was right behind him with the gun.

What little spark we had of Morgan from late Friday is again gone as she is back to crying and moaning. Did they explain what she was getting in her purse?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Tripp
Jul 28 2008, 07:49 PM
Are we going to discuss the show this week?
LoL, I don't see the weekly discussion being too busy this week. :laugh:

jcar03
Member Avatar

The shit happening off screen is more interesting.

I did watch today for the first time in a week.

It was a decent episode. I didn't get Kate and why she goes in and tells Victor that Philip was shot. Duh! Victor just had a stroke and has been aggraviated before and she goes in and does that.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Tripp
Jul 28 2008, 07:49 PM

Can I start the thread?

Of course you can, it's a first come first serve deal.......... ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Be aware Tuesday's ep is boresville. It was nice to see Nick though.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

^ really? I enjoyed Tuesday's show. Then again, I have very little to compare againist. I barely ever watch now and Tuesday's show was the first full one I watched in a long time

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Did they explain what she was getting in her purse?

Her brain? That supposed backbone she's so proud of?

Her acting was awful today. Her shrieking and moaning in the background - fortunately LK came in and did an emotional smackdown on the girl by out-performing her in every sense.

I had to fast forward a lot of today's show. I can't watch the Morgan Moaning and Shoulder Scrunching Show.

Plus, I agree that the BTS drama is a heck of a lot more entertaining.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jinxie
Jul 28 2008, 09:09 PM
^ really? I enjoyed Tuesday's show. Then again, I have very little to compare againist. I barely ever watch now and Tuesday's show was the first full one I watched in a long time
You brain must be muddled cuz the show was terrible. Marlena was a rapid bitch for no GOOD reason AT ALL, the Nicole/Trent reveal was lackluster as usual, God, Nick bores me with all that science jargon crap, STX was the best part of the episode. It was a sad sad day for me.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

The Paris stuff was the most time consuming and good stuff. It was better than a lot of the episodes I've seen recently.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

well I've seen tomorrow's show and I enjoyed it but it's probably because it's been so long since we've seen Trent, Nick, Nicole and EJole.

As for Nick's science boring you, it lasted like 1 minute and it was obvious to setup that he is using work to keep from dealing with having a life. As a Nick fan I'm hungry for such scenes but this was so short and honestly random since he's never on, I'm sure most people will miss it.

And this might strike people as odd, but I'm finally getting into Stax in Europe. Don't shoot me! But I feel like their is progress being made tomorrow.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tripp
Jul 28 2008, 09:55 PM
well I've seen tomorrow's show and I enjoyed it but it's probably because it's been so long since we've seen Trent, Nick, Nicole and EJole.

As for Nick's science boring you, it lasted like 1 minute and it was obvious to setup that he is using work to keep from dealing with having a life. As a Nick fan I'm hungry for such scenes but this was so short and honestly random since he's never on, I'm sure most people will miss it.

And this might strike people as odd, but I'm finally getting into Stax in Europe. Don't shoot me! But I feel like their is progress being made tomorrow.
The thing is Nick didn't bore me, it was just the words coming outnof his mouth. I loved when he had a personality now he's just there being boring and making me fall asleep.
Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

I was wondering if anyone would talk about the show today. After all the drama, I was looking forward to sitting down to it.

Enjoyed the John/EJ scenes today. I chuckle when John calls EJ "Elvis John". I thought it was Elvis Jr....doesn't Bo call him Junior? I thought I saw a little bit of the eyes between EJ and Ava today...but no...she started getting swallowed by John a little later.

I like Morgan but her tantrum was over the top, and no, still don't know what she was grabbing at. Loved that she confessed her dad told her to stay away from Phillip...i was wondering if she remembered that.

I thought Dan was having a typical doctor God complex...talking about saving both of his patients. Surprised he told Chelsea that he didn't like it when she argued with him, and also liked him yelling at Kate. It is obvious that nobody listens to the man, so I would probably yell too. I love the looks that Kate and Dan give.

I thought it was funny that Kate didn't notice that the more she talked, the faster Victor's heart rate went. Think she would get a clue on that...and maybe shut up. Victor has the most responsive heart rate I have ever heard! Makes me laugh.

I am looking forward to watching Marlena tomorrow...I have heard good and bad about her little blow ups with Trent and EJ...something about their cell phone etiquette? Really? Seems little Ms. Do Good forgot that while she is trash talking the "bad boys", she might want to remember her little unethical needle poke a few months ago where she lied to everyone and put a man in a coma for the rest of his life. Not saying he didn't deserve it, but she shouldn't be throwing stones.

cjknick
Member Avatar

ok I thought that the show was a little off .... KR was terrible today, Kate's coming in after Phillip was shot was so fake. Then we have Hope calling Morgan "Chloe"... the worst was Roman questioning the witnesses to a shooting at the same time in the same room....police questioning 101 - question all witnesses seperately - duh!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

No the best pickup to Friday's intense cliffhanger..I wish we would have seen Daniel working to save Phillip..He was out of the woods too easily..Also it was weird seeing Ava and John all over each other in the same room, someone was just shot in 30 minutes ago..and wouldn't the police still be there collecting evidence??

I did like Bo's scene with Phillip at the end, and i'm really enjoying seeing their brotherly relationship explored..Also i liked Morgan's confession at the end..

Daniel and Chelsea need to just fall off a cliff..I hate that this relationship has made me hate one of my favorite characters..

Mason

I started to watch today's show, but then I was much more interested in the Dena Higley thread, so I just caught up on that all through DAYS, LoL.

jcar03
Member Avatar

EJ has like five hundred different names

I thought it was:
Elvis Aron Banks

then Elvis John

then there is the whole EJ or E.J. thing. Someone can't make up there mind over there kinda like Sami whose middle name is Gene and they changed it to Jean so Roman could call her Sami J. Gene was for Eugene.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

I finally feel sane enough to comment on today...

I didn't like the pick-up to Philip's shooting, we should have seen everyone freaking the fuck out and scrambling to call 911. Morgan didn't seem that upset at the police station, which I think is just dumb. If she was really panicking over this, you'd think she'd tell them 'screw your statements, I'm going to the hospital.' The closing scene with Philip didn't bother me as much, I think she did well there, actually.

I loved the hospital scenes, obviously because of Kate. I'm glad we get to see her starting to crack under pressure, and grannyhug made me very, very happy. Telling Victor about Philip was admittingly, not her finest moment, but I think LK played that scene so well I'll overlook Kate's rather irresponsible impulse. I'll always love Kate's trademark mascara tears.

Bope angst! I don't know why, but I love when they fight. Hope's threats to him were a little jarring to me. She's gonna try and get his ass thrown in jail?! Bo just needs to go to mexico for a week, Ej-style, and get away from all this crap. He looked like he was going to cough up a hairball when Morgan said her father mentioned Philip being dangerous. Poor guy.

John and Ava are kinda starting to squick me out...dude, on the couch?

jane1978

Ok, hate me as much as you want but I really liked Stax in France today. IMO, it was best part of the show. Im really looking forward towards Melanie arrival.

Mason

I tried watching today's show, but nothing held my interest, so I stopped before I even got halfway through the episode. I'm so bored by DAYS right now, I can't even think about it without feeling slee...zzzzzz.... :sleep:
Edited by Mason, Jul 29 2008, 02:16 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Marlena, defender of the LITTLE PEOPLE now! Dear God, I'd think she was the diva from this episode alone. Even Nicole is calling her gutsy.

Stax: Did not hate them today. Was not bored. I don't care for DB and he bugs just cause I don't see the hunky guy that everyone on this show apparently sees, but at least his moods are gone. I did like Stephanie talking to the French guys. I liked the geeky one with her, she should dump Max and go for a rock jock. What? Anyway, this is obviously setting up for the kind of person Melanie is...I just hope with this build up...Molly can freaking act. Now what did irk me is the incestuous joke that Max would be the "kind of guy" Melanie would be attracted to. I know it sets up that she cons geeky guys while preferring hunky ones, but the joke fell flat since Stephanie and Max are related.

Nick! Did y'all see him! He was there! It was his standard only 3 minute episode but this time it was important! He's using work to distract himself from his life (or lack thereof). He spots Melanie as a party girl! And maybe even more important, he is still smart and he saw through Trent's line about Max.

Is it wrong to find Trent hot during his scenes with Nicole? I love the Ejole scenes too but what is it with Trent? Oh, I know, hee RB.

Oh can I be hired to create mock web pages for the show? I'm not that good with them but I can make them appear to look like a gossip site and not some random word document.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply