Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Weekly Discussion; Week of July 28
Topic Started: Jul 28 2008, 07:49 PM (3,895 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 29 2008, 02:20 PM
Is it wrong to find Trent hot during his scenes with Nicole? I love the Ejole scenes too but what is it with Trent? Oh, I know, hee RB.

Oh can I be hired to create mock web pages for the show? I'm not that good with them but I can make them appear to look like a gossip site and not some random word document.
Tripp - that is hilarious! I also perked up when Trent was licking his lips and talking about putting Nicole over his knee. He is the best creepy guy!

I also thought Marlena would fly over the table and ravish EJ with the way he was looking at her. Man, that dude is so damn fuckable it is not even funny! He just smolders in some scenes, and the scenes with Marlena when she was calling him out on his stuff, I felt like the cartoon dog with my tongue hanging out! Dayum!

Anyone thought it was slightly weird that Trent made a comment about how the internet is great for finding out all kinds of information about people? Then the Java guy made a comment about he didn't know why anyone would want to be famous with all the stuff that gets written about them. Kinda poignant after the past few days.

Speaking of, Java guy was friggin gorgeous! Great smile, cute, could act...can we swap him out with a few other actors on the show?

Good to see Nick.
And yea, the web page did look like a word document...Days is so bad at that stuff.

Stax wasn't too bad. Shelley is beautiful...and while I don't like Max, I like when he flirted with that French chick. I don't like Max the hero like he was with Steph. I like Max the slacker bad ass picking up chicks. I also find it funny that the genius side of him seems to have vanished.

And not so sure about the cellphone PSA. What da hell?!?!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Jul 29 2008, 02:32 PM
I also perked up when Trent was licking his lips and talking about putting Nicole over his knee.
I triple dog dare whoever is writing the show to have Daniel say the same exact thing to Chelsea!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Tripp
Jul 29 2008, 02:37 PM
Alligato
Jul 29 2008, 02:32 PM
I also perked up when Trent was licking his lips and talking about putting Nicole over his knee.
I triple dog dare whoever is writing the show to have Daniel say the same exact thing to Chelsea!
SHUSH!!!!!! Haven't you ever read the story "The Monkey's Paw?"
Terry might be promoted to HW, and that will be that.
Tripp, if those words ever come out of Daniel's Moondoggy mouth, I will FIND YOU........I will hunt you down...................... :drunk: :puke: :D

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ladyofthelake
Jul 29 2008, 07:17 PM
Tripp
Tripp, if those words ever come out of Daniel's Moondoggy mouth, I will FIND YOU........I will hunt you down...................... :drunk: :puke: :D
Come on! I can take you on!! Posted Image

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Tripp
Jul 29 2008, 07:26 PM
ladyofthelake
Tripp
Only if Daniel says that he's gonna spank Chelsea.......I have to beef up first. :P

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ladyofthelake
Jul 29 2008, 07:35 PM
Tripp
Jul 29 2008, 07:26 PM
ladyofthelake
Tripp
Only if Daniel says that he's gonna spank Chelsea.......I have to beef up first. :P
Don't beef up too much! Posted Image

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Can we keep the Java Cafe guy and the French bartender?

I just love EJ and Nicole together. For once I wish the flashback had been longer. OTOH, I hate that even in the same episode they have to throw bones to both the Lumi and EJami fanbases--first Lumi fans get hope with EJ continuing to pursue Nicole, then we have in the second half EJ saying his feelings for Sami aren't reciprocated. One of my top three wishes for the show would be to break up EJami permanently, and since I used to be a fan that's saying something.

Love Trent. He's just so super creepy.

I actually kind of enjoyed Marlena today. Yes, the cell phone PSA was kinda weird, and I didn't know she was such a defender of the downtrodden cafe patrons, but her talk with EJ was really pretty good. At least it's something to get her mind off John and Ava, I guess. I like that EJ's back to being all DiMera-y, even though I'm scared it won't last. I never want to hear EJ referred to as a changed man again.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jul 29 2008, 09:19 PM
OTOH, I hate that even in the same episode they have to throw bones to both the Lumi and EJami fanbases--first Lumi fans get hope with EJ continuing to pursue Nicole, then we have in the second half EJ saying his feelings for Sami aren't reciprocated. One of my top three wishes for the show would be to break up EJami permanently, and since I used to be a fan that's saying something.

I never want to hear EJ referred to as a changed man again.
Good post, Paxton.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

All I will say about this week is it's very disappointing. The followup to last Friday's cliffhanger sucked. How can you just skip ahead to Philip on a gurney already? Also, did anyone notice how Friday's show ended on us not knowing who got shot but NBC.com had a different sort of ending with it being revealed it was Philip by way of Morgan reacting to it. Stupid. Plus, where the hell did Kate come from? Sure, she could've figured out where Philip was but still. Stupid all around. Contrived and stupid.

Speaking of contrived, that Kate/Victor scene, while well-acted, made Kate come off like a dumbass. Why have her tell Victor something like that? Stupid. I did like Daniel comforting Kate though.

The Morgan/Philip scene at the end was nice but they resolved his being shot way too quickly. No wonder he is released next week.

I enjoyed the cop shop stuff but the John stuff was horrible. Having him and Ava have sex and celebrating in a room where someone just got shot? I like Java but come on. I at least expect Ava to show some courtesy since John has no emotion. Dumb, as was the end scene. We get this great ending with John revealing he knows something and he isn't even on today. Instead, it all picks up on Wednesday's show. It should pick up on Tuesday!!! You can't wait a God damn day to pick up a cliffhanger!! Ugh!! :frustration: .

As for today, I despise Stax but their stuff was pretty good. I liked them reminding us of Max's past through that old flame of his. Nice progression today. Nicole/Trent/EJ was pretty good. Enjoyed seeing Nick back but the whole setup with him finding the party girl site which will lead him to Melanie is too similar to Lonely Splicer for me. Unless they acknowledge that, that could end up being annoying. It would be like recreating Chick minus Chelsea.

I loved seeing Marlena and I hope to see more scenes of her and Trent. They worked well together but I'm perplexed as to why they even interacted. I doubt it means anything, which is also very annoying. Then, we have to have Marlena reverting back to her Langan days. Just when I thought the writing for her was improving after last Friday they do this. Marlena is back to being morally superior to everyone again. Stefano can't come back soon enough. Hopefully, his presence can fix this Marlena issue. EJ is no saint but I would've told Marlena to get off her damn high horse. And what the hell was the cell phone PSA? More NBC pushed shit? I did like the java cafe guy though and the guy and girl we saw in France today.

This week is frustrating. Maybe it's just because I'm more engrossed in the scandal or that I really want to get to next week's stuff. Whatever it is, I'm not into this week so far at all.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 29 2008, 10:23 PM
All I will say about this week is it's very disappointing. The followup to last Friday's cliffhanger sucked. How can you just skip ahead to Philip on a gurney already?
It's classic Higley. Skipping all the scenes we want and should get to see.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jul 29 2008, 10:25 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jul 29 2008, 10:23 PM
All I will say about this week is it's very disappointing. The followup to last Friday's cliffhanger sucked. How can you just skip ahead to Philip on a gurney already?
It's classic Higley. Skipping all the scenes we want and should get to see.
It's not even that.

There have been times where I could at least find a reason.

How the hell do you fuck up a good Friday cliffhanger like last week? That just screams incompetence!!

I don't know why but the show is bugging me big time this week. It has to be me just looking ahead to the good stuff or maybe just the behind the scenes stuff.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Where did this bitchMarlena come from? I enjoy her like this, but its out of left field and a MONTH too late confronting EJ.

I did laugh out loud at the end when Nicole sarcastically told Trent sure I can go to Caroline and ask her where Max is, not only are we good friends but we also play bridge together. :laugh:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I liked that little nod at the Caroline/Nicole hated too, Kirk.

I don't mind bitchy Marlena but it did come out of left field, especially after the past few months and the way she was written Friday (which I loved). On Friday, she was strong and determined. I felt she was just like Langan's Marlena today and that is why I personally hated it.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

And Trent must be a dumbass if he doesn't know why Max is in Europe, as soon as learned of the news he should have been hightailing it to Salem International(okay I made up the name of the airport) and buy a plane ticket to stop Max from finding his sister.

Mason
Member Avatar

I really like Roscoe Born, but I'm just not feeling Trent. He's just annoying and repetitive, IMO.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Kirk
Jul 29 2008, 11:44 PM
Where did this bitchMarlena come from? I enjoy her like this, but its out of left field and a MONTH too late confronting EJ.

I did laugh out loud at the end when Nicole sarcastically told Trent sure I can go to Caroline and ask her where Max is, not only are we good friends but we also play bridge together. :laugh:
i agree. it did come out of nowhere. marlena totally ignoring the fact that sami is pretty much capable of anything in a custody battle bothered me too. i can never understand why marlena goes to bat for her so much.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

luvpumpkns
Jul 30 2008, 12:00 AM
Kirk

i agree. it did come out of nowhere. marlena totally ignoring the fact that sami is pretty much capable of anything in a custody battle bothered me too. i can never understand why marlena goes to bat for her so much.
Well if Belle was still around, Marlena probably would go back to ignoring Sami again.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
Jul 30 2008, 12:21 AM
luvpumpkns
Kirk

Well if Belle was still around, Marlena probably would go back to ignoring Sami again.
You know it! :laugh: .

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Kirk
Jul 30 2008, 12:21 AM
luvpumpkns
Kirk

ha ha! yup, pretty much.

cassie1013

LOL Nicole has been hilarious. The bridge line was funny, and then when she was eavesdropping on Marlena and Trent and said "Marlena - got some guts!" or whatever.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply