Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Weekly Discussion; Week of July 28
Topic Started: Jul 28 2008, 07:49 PM (3,727 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Higley's run has pretty much been a bust, but i have to give her props for bringing Nicole back..We needed another person in the 30's age group and also its nice having some humor on the show again..Also Ari is amazing and has such a screen presence..So thank you Higley for bringing Nicole back..But i'd still prefer you away from the show..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

Kate coming the second after Philip was shot was pretty stupid - where the hell did she even come from? WHY would she be coming to the DiMera mansion at all - do Tony and Anna even live there?

Stax in Europe, I will admit, it's a fun, "ok" story but just the fact that it's THEM is so frustrating.

And does it seem weird to anyone else that Marlena is all of a sudden so chummy with Rolf? like, omg, wasn't this the same guy who was responsible for several of her kidnappings and brainwashings?! I know he is more of a comic relief character but I just find this really hard to believe because of his involvement with past crazy storylines.

Java couch sex is LOL funny, anyone could walk in at anytime people!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

Oops and one more thing... I understand that John and Marlena are a main couple, but would it really hurt the show to have Marlena date someone else? If John can, she can. It would really propel this story along and give Marlena some growth before the eventual reunion (which can be prolonged as far as I am concerned).

And with regards to Trent, he seems like a double take of his Y&R character. Everytime I see him threaten Nicole I think of Gloria...it's an ok storyline but I hope he's a short term character.

FanODays

Stax are just stupid. Yesterday when Max said something to Stephanie about having a sister, I was so waiting for him to say, 'except your Mom of course.' I hate the way Higley has him be a Brady but not really and her be a Brady but not really just so they can side step the issue of them being family.

:frustration:

Alligato
Member Avatar

FanODays
Jul 30 2008, 07:51 AM
Stax are just stupid. Yesterday when Max said something to Stephanie about having a sister, I was so waiting for him to say, 'except your Mom of course.' I hate the way Higley has him be a Brady but not really and her be a Brady but not really just so they can side step the issue of them being family.

:frustration:
No kidding. I thought the same thing. All of this talk where Max gets excited that he has a sister...I just want to tell him "you already HAVE some sisters!!!".
I know that Higley has adopted children, so you would think that she would understand this most of all. Would she want her brother humping her daughter? Probably not...so why write that shit!

Also, cassie, I agree that it would be nice to see Marlena date another man while John is screwing Ava. Maybe just a nobody, maybe even Victor (especially with the dock wars)...just something to see if John would get jealous, or something to see Marlena attempt to move on.

Days4Life

I hadn't even thought about the fact that Higley has adopted children. She should definitely understand the problems with the Stax pairing and avoid it like the plague so this is more evidence that Stax is a Corday idea. Either that or Higley would have no problem with her children dating each other and, even though I'm no fan of hers, I can't believe that.

Nicole is the only thing keeping my TV tuned to DAYS this week. I absolutely love her right now.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

^I don't think that Stax are Higley's project, I think they're Corday's project. I remember Sheffer saying in an interview when he started with the show that he was putting an end to the incest, yet Stax still continued to develop during his time on the show. Now even with new writers, Stax are the only couple who have beed on a pretty good, consistent path this whole time. There are other things too that make me think they're a Kenny Corday couple, kind of like Shelle were.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Nicole's secret was not as scandalous as I would have liked it be, but I think that there's a lot more to it. I think we've only scratched the surface, and who knows when it will be fully divulged.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Dolce - is that the picture of EJ in EJ/Marlena's coversation yesterday? Just gorgeous!
Keep posting ;)

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Again another good show. Let me start off with Date vs Chan. I feel today was the strongest episode in supporting that TPTB are moving away from icky Chan and more mature Date. Daniel didn't really come across as I thought he would (with spoilers), he wasn't that enraged with Kate but clearly she sets him off, more so than Bo who was literally sneering at him moments before. What's interesting is Kate gets Dan and understands while Chelsea is mortified to see her "most caring, sweetest" boyfriend is acting contrary to her understanding of him. Later, Dan decides he has to apologize to Kate but basically pisses all over Chelsea to do it, and it's obvious he headed straight over to get that off his chest...where as later he didn't go looking for Chelsea who wound up finding him. Daniel is still thinking he wants Chelsea but I think he was wanting to hear Kate mention she had feelings and when she didn't he's run back to safer ground which is what he's about anyway (when it comes to relationships). I also loved the subtle look of sadness on LK's face when she accidentally walked in on Chan kissing.

Phorgan didn't bother me today and I liked the fantasy sequence. I just don't care for Nadia at all so her scenes opposite Morgan and comatose Philip bugged. Opposite Nicole was more interesting, but just because AZ is able to raise ND's levels up. I also always enjoye a good friendship on this show and I think Chloe and Nicole have friend chemistry. I do appreciate the female friendships on this show.

Paul! He's back! God I love Linden. He's so awesome. I hope they find room for him somewhere and not let him get away and it would also probably do well for Morgan who needs personal connections in town.

cassie1013

Kirk
Jul 30 2008, 12:21 AM
luvpumpkns
Jul 30 2008, 12:00 AM
Kirk
Jul 29 2008, 11:44 PM
Where did this bitchMarlena come from? I enjoy her like this, but its out of left field and a MONTH too late confronting EJ.

I did laugh out loud at the end when Nicole sarcastically told Trent sure I can go to Caroline and ask her where Max is, not only are we good friends but we also play bridge together. :laugh:
i agree. it did come out of nowhere. marlena totally ignoring the fact that sami is pretty much capable of anything in a custody battle bothered me too. i can never understand why marlena goes to bat for her so much.
Well if Belle was still around, Marlena probably would go back to ignoring Sami again.
That is so true! (the part about Belle)

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 30 2008, 04:24 PM
Again another good show. Let me start off with Date vs Chan. I feel today was the strongest episode in supporting that TPTB are moving away from icky Chan and more mature Date. Daniel didn't really come across as I thought he would (with spoilers), he wasn't that enraged with Kate but clearly she sets him off, more so than Bo who was literally sneering at him moments before. What's interesting is Kate gets Dan and understands while Chelsea is mortified to see her "most caring, sweetest" boyfriend is acting contrary to her understanding of him. Later, Dan decides he has to apologize to Kate but basically pisses all over Chelsea to do it, and it's obvious he headed straight over to get that off his chest...where as later he didn't go looking for Chelsea who wound up finding him. Daniel is still thinking he wants Chelsea but I think he was wanting to hear Kate mention she had feelings and when she didn't he's run back to safer ground which is what he's about anyway (when it comes to relationships). I also loved the subtle look of sadness on LK's face when she accidentally walked in on Chan kissing.

Phorgan didn't bother me today and I liked the fantasy sequence. I just don't care for Nadia at all so her scenes opposite Morgan and comatose Philip bugged. Opposite Nicole was more interesting, but just because AZ is able to raise ND's levels up. I also always enjoye a good friendship on this show and I think Chloe and Nicole have friend chemistry. I do appreciate the female friendships on this show.

Paul! He's back! God I love Linden. He's so awesome. I hope they find room for him somewhere and not let him get away and it would also probably do well for Morgan who needs personal connections in town.

Tripp, I am so glad that there is someone else that likes Paul. Or maybe I should say Linden. I would like to see him stay around. Besides being a pretty good actor, he's not bad to look at either.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ArizonaDaze
Jul 30 2008, 05:11 PM
Tripp, I am so glad that there is someone else that likes Paul. Or maybe I should say Linden. I would like to see him stay around. Besides being a pretty good actor, he's not bad to look at either.
I freaking love Paul. He's hot, talented and has charisma. It shows its not necessary to PROP a character to make him compelling on the show *cough*Daniel*cough*. Paul is not someone we are supposed to necessarily like or root for, but you can still enjoy him and appreciate him and maybe even sympathize with him.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Man can Marlena be a Bitch!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Wednesdays show was really good..Morgan's fantasy was very well done..Both Kristen and Jay looked incredible and I liked the song they played...also liked Chloe being civil to Morgan..And I'm really happy that we have Chloe and Nicole being friends now..Those scenes were really nice...

Hope getting closer to finding out the truth was nice to watch..Glad she's using her brain and i liked them ending with the email..and its nice to have Paul back..Linden did a great job today..I gotta say ever since the tape stuff I'm really liking this Paul disappearance story...Glad John has him stashed away..

Finally, i find Daniel so much more likable when he's with Kate..its when he's with Chelsea that i can't stand him..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tricky
Member Avatar

just taking it one day at a time here as to if i watch or not...watched monday cause ej was in a capacity i can tolerate...skipped tues...and today the last ten minutes just so i could see the preview for thursday, i will not miss that one....

Days4Life

I thought today's show was pretty good. I like the Kate/Daniel dynamic, and I think it's clear that's the way the story is leaning. It makes Daniel much more watchable, since now there seems to be a direction and it's headed towards what could be a very messy conflict. Grandma vs granddaughter, bring it on!

I liked the Nicole/Chloe scenes. Good friendship chemistry, and Chloe's overblown dramatics were toned down. Nice surprise at the end with the Lucas reveal at the hospital.

Could Bo look guiltier? And why does he even try to hide stuff from Hope since she's one of the smarter females in Salem. The Ava/John/Paul stuff was good; interesting that John rescued Paul from the water. So Philip really did plan to have him killed? That's not going to go over well with Morgan.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I must concur with the greatness of the Nicole/Chloe relationship. It does seem like Nadia steps it up opposite Ari, and when Nadia smiles, she comes off so naturally which is so in contrast to her acting which is so rigid to me. Glad there wasn't another stupid Chloe/Morgan face off.

ANd I know it was cheesy, but I admit I enjoyed the Morgan fantasy. JKJ just looked gorgeous and the background scenery was pretty. I liked it.

Dr. Dan just has a spark with Kate, and I bet Kate gets just as nauseated as we do watching Chan.
Today wasn't too bad, and tomorrow looks pretty good.

D-Light
Member Avatar

I don't care much for Chelsea and Daniel, but I love the scenes today with them and Kate. I don't know what Daniel's problem was, but I like how Chelsea took off her rose colored glasses and defended her grandmother.

I sure would like to know where Victor is able to get all of Philip's rare blood that they need. Is this going to come up later or that's just something they threw in?

Loved Chloe's scenes today with Philip. I was looking forward to her telling off Morgan, but she came off very classy and mature.

Damn! Lucas looks worse in the previews than he did in the spoiler pics. :run:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tripp
Jul 29 2008, 02:20 PM
Marlena, defender of the LITTLE PEOPLE now! Dear God, I'd think she was the diva from this episode alone. Even Nicole is calling her gutsy.

Stax: Did not hate them today. Was not bored. I don't care for DB and he bugs just cause I don't see the hunky guy that everyone on this show apparently sees, but at least his moods are gone. I did like Stephanie talking to the French guys. I liked the geeky one with her, she should dump Max and go for a rock jock. What? Anyway, this is obviously setting up for the kind of person Melanie is...I just hope with this build up...Molly can freaking act. Now what did irk me is the incestuous joke that Max would be the "kind of guy" Melanie would be attracted to. I know it sets up that she cons geeky guys while preferring hunky ones, but the joke fell flat since Stephanie and Max are related.

Nick! Did y'all see him! He was there! It was his standard only 3 minute episode but this time it was important! He's using work to distract himself from his life (or lack thereof). He spots Melanie as a party girl! And maybe even more important, he is still smart and he saw through Trent's line about Max.

Is it wrong to find Trent hot during his scenes with Nicole? I love the Ejole scenes too but what is it with Trent? Oh, I know, hee RB.

Oh can I be hired to create mock web pages for the show? I'm not that good with them but I can make them appear to look like a gossip site and not some random word document.
You know, before I even read this thread, I posted that in the 'Dena' thread. I was almost CONVINCED someone leaked false information about the purported 'diva' just to cover up the real diva: Dee! Marlena was CLEARLY the big shot in this episode. And irrationally, too.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply