Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Weekly Discussion; Week of July 28
Topic Started: Jul 28 2008, 07:49 PM (3,825 Views)
ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 30 2008, 05:54 PM
ArizonaDaze
Jul 30 2008, 05:11 PM
Tripp, I am so glad that there is someone else that likes Paul. Or maybe I should say Linden. I would like to see him stay around. Besides being a pretty good actor, he's not bad to look at either.
I freaking love Paul. He's hot, talented and has charisma. It shows its not necessary to PROP a character to make him compelling on the show *cough*Daniel*cough*. Paul is not someone we are supposed to necessarily like or root for, but you can still enjoy him and appreciate him and maybe even sympathize with him.
Just finished today's show and really enjoyed Paul's scenes with John. Keep Paul around. Rest of the show was enjoyable. Glad to see Daniel show some temper with Chelsea. Glad to see Hope using her brain with Bo. It will be interesting to see how the stuff with Paul plays out.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shylock

The only thing I would have liked differently about today's episode if Paul had shown just a little doubt about what he's doing to Phillip after hearing he took a bullet for his daughter.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jul 30 2008, 02:56 PM
Dolce - is that the picture of EJ in EJ/Marlena's coversation yesterday? Just gorgeous!
Keep posting ;)
Yes it is, I thought that it couldn't get anymore beautiful than the red shirt he had on a few weeks ago, but then I saw him in the blue :wub: I just wanted to lick my screen!

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I agree, I was happy to see Paul back, all sexy and scruffy too!
I'm still not into Date, they have more chemistry than Dansea but they're just as boring.
That Phorgan fantasy was so cheesy and lame, Morgan still reminds me of someone who has a schoolgirl crush, the same vibe I get from Chelsea regarding Daniel. And please, spare Chloe from having to prop Phorgan too.
I could really get into Nicole and Chloe as friends, it's an interesting new dynamic and I like both of the actresses/characters.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Finally an episode that was enjoyable after two days of disappointment.

First off, it seems like Days is going in the direction of Kate/Daniel and I couldn't be happier. I noticed how even when he got mad at her, you could sense he understood why she did what she did. Daniel is so much better with her and this story is slowly improving. The scenes today had a nice underlying tension to them.

I'm very happy Paul is alive. Loved the reveal and explanation. It does seem like Philip tried to kill him. Interesting. Linden is just great and him and Drake rocked together today. Loved the scene where Paul learned about Philip saving Morgan. Loved Ava's involvement today too. It as funny when Ava turned John's face toward her and told him to look at her. I will miss Tamara. I do think she was pissed he didn't trust her and I have to wonder what she was doing at the end of the episode with the computer at Java cafe. Did she send that note to Hope and the PD? Seems like it as John and her had found out that the tape never surfaced at the PD.

Loved Hope investigating. KA and KR work well together. The end scene with Bo was good too. Glad to see Bope getting some good conflict and nice Bo and Victor scenes too.

I like that Chloe and Philip got some closure today and that Chloe told him she wanted to put it all behind them. I like that she still hates Morgan but said she will step aside and do what makes Philip happy but not without warning her not to hurt him. Good stuff and I do like how the tension between Chloe/Nicole slowly dissipated over time and now is turning into a friendship. Nadia does seem to up her game with Ari and seems to enjoy herself. Good scenes and liked them learning about Lucas at the end too.

I LOVED the Morgan/Philip fantasy and their scenes today. KR looked gorgeous. It reminded me of some of the old rooftop romance scenes Carrie and Austin used to have. Beautifully done scene and loved the song. You could tell Kathryn Foster directed today. That had her written all over it. Loved it.

Very good episode today.

cassie1013

DolceDiMera
Jul 31 2008, 01:03 AM
I agree, I was happy to see Paul back, all sexy and scruffy too!
I'm still not into Date, they have more chemistry than Dansea but they're just as boring.
That Phorgan fantasy was so cheesy and lame, Morgan still reminds me of someone who has a schoolgirl crush, the same vibe I get from Chelsea regarding Daniel. And please, spare Chloe from having to prop Phorgan too.
I could really get into Nicole and Chloe as friends, it's an interesting new dynamic and I like both of the actresses/characters.
The Date conversations are fucking STUPID - they dance around the issue, and then all of a sudden whatever conversation they WERE having somehow turns into a conversation about their 'relationship'.... without truly letting us know what they are discussing. Because you know, it's like, so top secret! :eyeroll:

The Phorgan fantasy was hilarious and cheesy. I've seen worse during my tenure watching DOOL (much, much worse) but that was pretty bad! I initially thought it was a flashback I had missed, then I caught on...

I'm not sure about Chloe and Nicole as friends - I know this IS DAYS but seriously, looking at their past? That whole face scar shit Nicole pulled? That's pretty bad, but the friend chemistry was definitely there.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm glad they slowly built Nicole and Chloe toward being friends. Things thawed between them rather gradually and there is still a tension there, which is good. It's not forgotten. Nicole will need a friend after Ava leaves so this is good timing.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm very happy Nicole and Chloe are slowly becoming friends..and it is happening slowly..Loved how Nicole and Chloe even laughed about it..Nicole will need a friend when Ava leaves town...and i think i like Nadia best when she's in scenes with Ari..

Alligato
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Jul 31 2008, 12:58 AM
Alligato
Dolce - is that the picture of EJ in EJ/Marlena's coversation yesterday? Just gorgeous!
Keep posting ;)
Yes it is, I thought that it couldn't get anymore beautiful than the red shirt he had on a few weeks ago, but then I saw him in the blue :wub: I just wanted to lick my screen!
*lick* :tounge:

Pearly
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jul 31 2008, 09:26 AM
DolceDiMera
Jul 31 2008, 12:58 AM
Alligato
Keep posting ;)
*lick* :tounge:
*lick* *lick* :tounge: :tounge:

Days4Life

D-Light
Jul 30 2008, 10:22 PM

I sure would like to know where Victor is able to get all of Philip's rare blood that they need. Is this going to come up later or that's just something they threw in?

I was wondering about this, too. I hope it's not a stupid red herring because I found it very mysterious and intriguing.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Since Days has it's own forum on the DR now, if you all want to go back to daily threads next week that's fine...... :)

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Let me laugh myself silly that while Stax trapes around Europe looking for Melanie, Nick finds her within 5 minutes of surfing on the Internet. Heh. I kind of like Melanie so far though she sounds younger than I would have liked. I'm sure this is the start of Chick 2.0 but since that story was bungled so badly before I'm not against it at all as long as Nick is not as gullible this time. I see the phone call being dropped by Stephanie means he might not realize how truly a bad girl she is (as opposed to the brat Chelsea was) but I liked how his interest peaked after she made the comment on her birthday probably not being remembered by everyone (Trent my guess). Most of his conversation with Nick was a repeat from the other day but since we rarely see these characters that's fine. Glad Nick didn't let Trent play him.

Speaking of Trent boy can RB do sleazy. I thought it weird he just told Nick he was Max's father...it seemed like such a non smooth move for Trent. Maybe the idea of Max finding Melanie is getting to him? Could that be a weak spot for him?

Nicole talking about Trent to EJ didn't give as much info as I would have liked and I'm not thrilled the big secret is she was married to him but I'm ok for now since it brings EJole closer.

Lucas got the stew beat out of him because he was a snitch but he made the deal so he's a free man. Sigh. I would bitch about that but I found it so freaking funny that Lucas is lying in pain and Roman could have cared less...he just wanted his information.

I would prefer Chloe with Lucas actually just because she seems more interesting and I think it would put her in more contact with Nicole I bet. I like their friendship.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I saw more chemistry between Nicole and Lucas in their brief interaction today scene than I've ever seen between Lucas and Chloe. AZ is just sparkling with everyone!
I still believe that there is more to the secret than has been revealed yet. I think Trent used to abuse Nicole, that is the vibe I get from them. I hope that Ejole will "burn" Trent together, they could really be force to be reckoned with. I love how Nicole actually wants EJ to help her and seems to appreciate him, how lovely this is for EJ to be adored.
The never ending Ejamicas triangle is just so fucking bland, I don't even have anything to say. I sometimes don't care much for AS' acting choices but I thought she was good today until the end when the crying started, it looked/sounded so fake.
I don't like Lucas but I almost felt badly for him today.
Overall, this episode seemed like TPTB were throwing so many bones out there to fanbases, they do it all of the time but especially in this episode. It's a bit tedious.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Jul 31 2008, 02:46 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Kevc1980
Jul 31 2008, 02:56 AM
I'm very happy Nicole and Chloe are slowly becoming friends..and it is happening slowly..Loved how Nicole and Chloe even laughed about it..Nicole will need a friend when Ava leaves town...and i think i like Nadia best when she's in scenes with Ari..
I agree! I do like Nadia in scenes with Ari.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I haven't watched DOOL at all this week. Its like I don't give a shit about it anymore... so sad. :(
I blame Higley & company.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I need to watch it on YT. I forgot about the Phorgan stuff this week... I'm really loving those two.

Days4Life

Just saw the Thursday episode, and I didn't fall asleep and didn't FF anything so that's a positive. The twins are adorable, and I like how they have Ali resembling Sami and Johnny resembling EJ. James Scott seems very comfortable with the babies, especially since he doesn't have children of his own. I loved EJ telling Sami that she's a different person when she's around Lucas, and not in a good way, and then at the end of the episode we have Sami in Lucas's hospital room and within the first minute she's crying and groveling. Lucas impressed me with his very mature speech about them needing time away from each other to think things through and to see if they want to try again.

So Nick is getting a new and interesting story, finally. He's surfing the web and comes across a cute young party girl lying across her bed, going on and on about her oh-so-fascinating life....wait a minute, that sounds kinda familiar....

I know some people complain that Nicole is showing up all over Salem, in all the stories, but IMO it works. She's really, really good in all these stories, interacting with all these different people. She has chemistry with everyone. She's even made me not hate Chloe! And I don't think that friendship is progressing too quickly. They obviously still carry a lot of baggage from the past and still have trust issues, but they are also finding some common ground and ever so slowly are becoming friendly. Oh, and before I forget--love Nicole's ringtone on her phone. For a minute there I thought she was carrying Pookie around in her purse!
I'm not at all surprised that Nicole's secret was built up over weeks and weeks and then the reveal fell flat. That's the problem with not letting viewers in on the secret; when it's finally revealed, most people have either figured it out or just don't care any more. I can easily think of a dozen ways this could have been handled better, to add some much needed suspense and drama.

bannme

i hope what i saw with nicole and chloe was the revelation of nicole's conniving side coming back into play..convince chloe that sami will always be in the way so chloe will walk away from lucas, which puts lucas back on the market for sami..which gets ej free for her..i liked how chloe seemed to read her as well when she was talking to lucas..st. nicole does not whet my appetite for nicole ..i prefer her as the gold digging schemer..

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Rakesh198
Jul 31 2008, 02:48 PM
I haven't watched DOOL at all this week. Its like I don't give a shit about it anymore... so sad. :(
I blame Higley & company.
I've felt that way for a long time, and still partially do. Normally it just runs in the background for me while I do other stuff. There have been small scenes now like Ej & Sami, Lucas in the hospital, Max's adventures etc that are keeping me a little more alert.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply