Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Weekly Discussion; Week of July 28
Topic Started: Jul 28 2008, 07:49 PM (3,871 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

This week seemed to be getting better than all out boring. In other words, a slight improvement.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Today wasn't too bad.

Loved Nicole/EJ. They are the one thing Higley has done right all along IMO. Ari and James work well together and I enjoyed her admitting the truth to him and saying how she hated pushing him away. This is a true love story in the making IMO and it's being done in a proper way as well.

Stax wasn't too bad, at least not their story. I'm liking the stuff in France and Melanie looked good from what little we saw. Looks like trouble for sure. The extras are pretty good too and like Nick being a part of the story.

I actually thought Ali did some of her best acting in months today. Even her crying didn't get on my nerves. The Lumi scenes were pretty good and I liked the Sami/EJ stuff too because they really should have scenes together addressing things. Enjoyed Chloe/Nicole as well.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tricky
Member Avatar

i watched the first half hour...got hung up on cnn after that... :shrug:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Maybe I missed it, but will NO ONE comment on NBC's insulting HALF-SCREEN (practically), shitty ad that promotes the Olympics? It's disrespectful to the show, and let's viewers know that they'd only do that kind of shit during soaps. AFter all, we just keep 'em ("Days" in this case) to advertise other shit!
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Maybe writing well for one couple is all Higley is capable of doing...During her first run the entire show sucked, but she wrote Lumi very well..And now its her second run, and while the show doesn't suck as bad as her first stint..She's not really doing well, but she's writing Ejole very well and creating a great couple..

Alligato
Member Avatar

Just watched today's show...
I just have to say I am so proud of Lucas lately. He is being smart, mature, responsible, rational...so many things he wasn't last year. THIS is the Lucas I love. I love how he totally spoke the truth about Sami...how crazy she can be/non stop/irrational...and how Chloe is so not like her. I can see why he would be interested in her.
Maggie was odd in how she pushed for Sami...hasn't she been paying attention to what he was saying? I also love how Maggie couldn't tell Lucas that Sami and EJ were living together, but she has no problem blabbing about Luloe sexavator and how Sami would be upset to see Chloe there. Just weird.

Love EJ/Nicole today. When Sami isn't around, I really pull for those two because they are cute together. I did read a speculation that Stefano planted Nicole to break up EJami and if that is the truth, I will be disappointed. It seems like those two are genuine, and I enjoy their scenes and chemistry.

Phorgan wasn't too bad. Phillip/Bo was refreshing...kind of weird to see Bo get all covert and suspicious about protecting Phillip. Never thought they were close, but I guess it is nice. It was nice to see Hope with Doug, and isn't she such a sleuth figuring out everything. Too bad the Salem PD can't put their detective skills to use for black glove, EJ's shooting, John's shooting, Stefano antics, etc like they are for Paul Hollingsworth.

I thought it was a decent show.

Tricky
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Aug 1 2008, 01:58 PM
Maybe I missed it, but will NO ONE comment on NBC's insulting HALF-SCREEN (practically), shitty ad that promotes the Olympics? It's disrespectful to the show, and let's viewers know that they'd only do that kind of shit during soaps. AFter all, we just keep 'em ("Days" in this case) to advertise other shit!
yes i saw some others complaining about that...shame on them for covering up any of the pretty on screen with promo for the olympics no less...people will watch the games they hardly need extra hype

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I liked Phorgan today. He was charming and teasing and Morgan was not crying (such a plus), her makeup and hair looked wonderful (also a plus), and the look of horror when she realized he heard her admit to loving him almost makes up for the fact they rushed that. Not sure about the whispering thing but I'll let it go. I'd rather they go down the road of Philip teasing her that she loves him over and over instead of admitting it back but I know Dena can't stand to not rush couples so I won't hold my breath.

Loved the EJole scenes. I just get this feeling of EJ respecting Nicole so much more than I ever got between EJami.

I do like Lucas and Chloe. Not happy with Maggie interfering but what else is new. I wish BD would keep his voice at that level all the time, he does soft spoken very well.

annalee003
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Jul 31 2008, 02:48 PM
I need to watch it on YT. I forgot about the Phorgan stuff this week... I'm really loving those two.
I bet after you watch it you may still forget. Those two are boring. But I do love Philip.

Days4Life

Every time I see Doug and/or Julie on the show, I get excited. It's like seeing an old friend again. Even better, I had no idea Doug was going to be on today, so it was a nice surprise. Good to see Hope is using her brain; the Salem PD would be much more effective if they would just put her in charge. I'm glad Bo finally admitted what he did, although I still think he was stupid for doing it. Yes, I know he did it for Victor and Philip--his family--but in the process he's put the rest of his family and his career at risk. I could understand it more if he knew 100% for sure that Philip was innocent and was being framed, but he didn't know that. He chose to believe Philip and Victor with no proof. He knows what they are capable of--these are not law-abiding, Boy Scout type people we're talking about--and shouldn't have been so quick to believe them.

Lucas was actually making sense today. I'm glad he's finally recognized what a toxic relationship he has with Sami. It was annoying how Maggie kept arguing against him, though. She knows what those two have done to each other in the past and should be pleased that Lucas wants to take some time and think things through.

The first part of the week was bad, but things are picking up. I'm looking forward to August, based on a couple spoilers I know about.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Bo would've never done it had it not been for Victor's being in such a precarious state, health-wise. The fact that Victor was near-death and getting all worked up...it was more or less a reaction to all that. You could tell it was Bo gave it to him and immediately regretted it. I think it was just the circumstances. That is why I'm not hung up on Bo doing it because it makes sense. It also explains why once people seem to figure out or get close to what is going on with him, he tells them the truth. He did it with Steve and now with Hope. It's his conscience talking and he knows he did wrong in the heat of the moment and is taking responsibility for it. He knows both Steve and now Hope aren't stupid so trying to snow them would just make things worse, hence why he admitted everything to them.

I will comment more on today later but I must say today didn't even feel like the same show. It actually reminded me of something out of Hogan's reign. Longer scenes, character interactions, family relationships on display...Linda-Poindexter Brown wrote the script today (she used to not have the Brown on her name so much be she got married or something) and it was great. She writes once in awhile and today she wrote a great episode. Loved it from start to finish. The show had a very different feel today. It was good feel. A cohesive feel.

Days4Life

I understand Victor's health backed Bo into a corner, but he still withheld the tape as soon as he found it, before Victor even knew about it--or am I remembering it wrong? I understand protecting family (and loved hearing Doug's take on the situation), but I still feel Bo made a huge mistake. I know he's feeling guilty over it and I'm glad he's admitting to Steve and Hope what he did, but it's just another sign of the Salem PD corruption and it's disappointing. However, I'm now going to disagree with myself because I have a BIL who's a police detective and if he had incriminating evidence on a family member I believed to be innocent, I'd do whatever I could to get his "help". So I can see it both ways! Whatever...at least it's giving Bo and Hope a story and some conflict.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Today was terrific, and I just thought it was cause there wasn't any Stax or Chan!! But, I loved the Bo-Phillip connection, as well as the Phillip-Morgan one, and I haven't been fond of Morgan lately. But today was cute.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm a day behind, just watched Thursdays show..And its really improving..First off, so happy that Nick is getting a little story..And my first impression is I like this Melanie girl...She's pretty and seems like she can act..her video blog is pretty similar to the Lonely Splicer storyline, so hopefully that doesn't continue..

I loved the EJ and Nicole scenes, so happy that she confessed the truth to him..And those two look so sexy together..And I liked the Nicole, Chloe, and Lucas scenes..I'm actually kind of starting to like the idea of Lucas and Chloe..I really think Sami just needs a break from both the men in her lives...

I didn't care for the Max stuff, i'll start paying attention when he finds Melanie..

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

From what I understand, Melanie is pretty cool.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ladyofthelake
Aug 1 2008, 08:49 PM
From what I understand, Melanie is pretty cool.
I've seen her on Monday's show. I like what I've seen. She's not Meryl Streep but I wouldn't expect her to be.

Can't wait to see how she is opposite Blake. (Setting myself up for disappointment aren't I?)

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Last Friday's episode was really good, then Monday's show bombed as did Tuesday's. However the rest of the week was great and I am really looking forward to the next 2 weeks after reading some spoilers. I am not sure how long this will last, I am just glad the show seems to be improving.

If a viewer blinked twice they may have missed Doug which is too bad because KA seems to light up in every scene she is in with Bill Hayes. I was more than thrilled to not only get a few scenes with Doug and Hope, but also Maggie! Suzanne seriously rocks my socks, I wish she was used on a regular basis as the show needs more of the Horton influence anyway. I was impressed with the writing in today's show, Linda Poindexter-Brown did a great job with the right family interactions. I know she doesn't write often, but everytime she does I really enjoy the show. Her and the PSNS writer(forget his name, Clem Egan maybe) who sometimes writes, seem to be the better writers, go figure.

I am all for Ejole to take down Trent together and the Phillip/Bo scenes were great. I hope thw show continues to improve and can somehow get some of that 18-49 demo back up.

Tricky
Member Avatar

^^ yes please powers that be dont forget about the ejami fans in that 18-49 demo...we are many many many!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Days4Life
Aug 1 2008, 04:36 PM
I understand Victor's health backed Bo into a corner, but he still withheld the tape as soon as he found it, before Victor even knew about it--or am I remembering it wrong? I understand protecting family (and loved hearing Doug's take on the situation), but I still feel Bo made a huge mistake. I know he's feeling guilty over it and I'm glad he's admitting to Steve and Hope what he did, but it's just another sign of the Salem PD corruption and it's disappointing. However, I'm now going to disagree with myself because I have a BIL who's a police detective and if he had incriminating evidence on a family member I believed to be innocent, I'd do whatever I could to get his "help". So I can see it both ways! Whatever...at least it's giving Bo and Hope a story and some conflict.
Bo was one of the detectives on the case. Hope left to take Morgan home and Bo was left with the package. He found the tape and played it. He then went to the hospital to question Philip, which is exactly what he should've done. He then saw Victor and he clearly felt that Victor probably assisted Philip in covering it up, which is logical since he only recently took over. He went in and I think he was going to be easy on Victor and simply do some light questioning but Victor knew once he took a look at Bo that Bo had something on Philip and then Victor and Bo fought, his machines went haywire, and Bo gave in during a heated moment and you could tell once he left that rook he regretted it. That is when he began lying to Abe and everyone right after that so he didn't withhold anything until that point.

Anyway, as I said, today was so different. After a crappy start, Wednesday and Thursday showed slow improvement and today was just a well-written show. It felt like a Hogan-esque show with the longer scenes and family relationships on display.

It was very nice to see Hope in detective mode. She is truly the brains on the PD. Loved her scenes with Roman and the tech and then her scenes with that Java cafe worker (he's a pretty good extra). I like how everything fit together and how the Ava scene at the end of Wednesday tied in with today. It shows continuity. Hope/Doug was so cute. KA does light up with him and loved them mentioning Doug's past. The end scene with Bo and Hope was very good. Nice way to end the week. Bo knew she had him beat and that lying would make no difference, much like it wouldn't with Steve last week. Very good end to the week. I did like the Shawn/Belle mention too. Seems Shawn got a buzz cut. That seemed a bit weird to mention. I mean, sure you can mention them but it was out of the blue and why were they so detailed about it. Makes you wonder if they may be considering bringing them back soon.

The Bo/Philip stuff was so nice to see. I love how they tied it in with the hospital scene between Philip and Bo back in March and then talked about how their relationship was nothing. The whole talk about Bo ignoring his Kiriakis roots and now realizing he can't escape them was such a good scene. That is why I like this story. It forces him to confront that part of himself. Loved their scenes today.

Maggie/Lucas was my other favorite part. It's been awhile since we had any focus on the Horton's and any focus on this special relationship. These two always light up together and today is an example of what I mean by every scene having meaning. Today made more sense out of the Lucas/Chloe/Sami nonsense then the past month combined. I understand where Lucas is coming from. Now I actually can get into Chloe/Lucas because I understand the motivation on his side. What I liked the most is that it didn't feel like they took this shit off message boards and tossed it in. It felt real and it was well-done. I like how they discussed how tough incarceration can be too. Suzanne (who looked amazing) and Bryan were great today and kudos to the makeup stuff because the work on Lucas was amazing. Loved them mentioning Smith Island. Great use of history and I guess we will be seeing it soon. Nadia has been solid this week too. The last few episodes she's really shown improvement. She's not laying it on so thick and isn't so monotone. Maybe she's trying to prove herself.

EJ/Nicole was fantastic too. I just love these two. My favorite couple right now. They just click and I like him telling her how happy he was she told him everything and their scheming to get Trent should be fun. I love this side of EJ and Nicole and them working together should be good.

Finally, enjoyed Philip and Morgan and I liked their talk. I like how Philip acknowledged how fast it's been and how it sneaked up on them due to everything that has happened. I also loved the scene where he whispered to her how he felt. So cute. I'm liking where they are going with these two. There's been enough buildup and now I want to see the relationship continue to progress.

Just a wonderful show and now we get the next two weeks, which look superb. I'm with Kirk...Clem Egan and Linda Poindexter-Brown are solid. I would use them more often. They've done a nice job with the limited work they've done. Today was a very pleasant surprise and very well-written IMO,

Alligato
Member Avatar

Great post, Pheonix! You postivity is refreshing and I totally agree with you. The show was great yesterday...and in fact, I rewound a few things to watch again...can't tell you the last time I did that!

Just wanted to also give a shout out to the Java cafe worker...I like him, he is very good looking and can act. Not too often I notice extras, but this guy stands out!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply