Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Kristen Renton interview
Topic Started: Jul 29 2008, 03:47 PM (2,354 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jcar03
Jul 29 2008, 08:24 PM
I don't know what interview some of you are reading but I don't see any arrogance but whatever. Most that are attacking her are clearly just upset that there is a road block for Philip/Chloe.
Thank you!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

So transparent... :eyeroll:

Kristen Renton could probably donate her eyes to a blind person and Phloe fans would probably trash her for it, as long as Morgan is a romantic interest for Philip.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

I like Morgan and Phillip. But I like Phillip with anyone. He could have a love scene with Dr. Dan, and I would be happy, as long as his shirt is off.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sariah
Jul 29 2008, 08:31 PM
Quote:

Most that are attacking her are clearly just upset that there is a road block for Philip/Chloe.

I said interviews (plural) because she's come across that way to me multiple times. Phloe loving is probably shading that, but it is truly how I see it.

And if she were just a road block, I wouldn't care less about her. I probably wouldn't even get upset about the character at all. But as far as I can tell Dena is intent on throwing Chloe over and putting Phorgan together and yeah, I'm pissed after waiting eight years for a reunion to not be getting one for some stupid pointless minor character who went from being on twice a month to almost every day.
OK, now this is one of the things that bothers me.....the whole payoff thing. SOME fans are going to be left out. The whole fanbase "I'm waiting for my payoff" thing is probably one of the reasons Days is in the trouble it's in to begin with. That's been expressed before. I can't imagine waiting 8 years just to see a soap couple get back together again, but that's me. Shoot, if that's the case, I'd still be waiting for Don Craig to return from the post office! :D
Now granted, I don't feel Philip and Morgan have been cutting it lately either, but it's not because of me waiting for any payoff. As they continue to make every fanbase happy, it's no wonder things feel so topsy-turvy and unsettled.
What about Broe fans? They got their marriage payoff, but then there's the divorce. They lost their happily ever after. They're probably few and far between (or not very vocal), but somewhere on this universe, I'm sure there are some Lucas and Chloe fans. Don't they deserve a little more time before the plug is pulled?
What about the Philip and Belle fans? There are quite a few people left unsettled about the unexplored options for JKJ and MM. There are people wanting Philip and Stephanie.
Where does the madness stop?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

LorrieOw
Jul 29 2008, 08:39 PM
I like Morgan and Phillip. But I like Phillip with anyone. He could have a love scene with Dr. Dan, and I would be happy, as long as his shirt is off.
Oh, honey, wait!! Intervention time here.................I don't know if Philip could put up with the surfer talk.... :D

jcar03
Member Avatar

All the couple fanbases do this shit especially with DAYS. I hate their stupid names they put together too.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Jul 29 2008, 08:36 PM

Kristen Renton could probably donate her eyes to a blind person and Phloe fans would probably trash her for it, as long as Morgan is a romantic interest for Philip.
:wub2:
I don't use this much, but in this case....
Mason is wuv

Good assessment!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sariah
Quote:

Most that are attacking her are clearly just upset that there is a road block for Philip/Chloe.

I said interviews (plural) because she's come across that way to me multiple times. Phloe loving is probably shading that, but it is truly how I see it.

And if she were just a road block, I wouldn't care less about her. I probably wouldn't even get upset about the character at all. But as far as I can tell Dena is intent on throwing Chloe over and putting Phorgan together and yeah, I'm pissed after waiting eight years for a reunion to not be getting one for some stupid pointless minor character who went from being on twice a month to almost every day.
Uh, there are some who feel Chloe is stupid and pointless. So, again, who wins?

jcar03
Member Avatar

Sariah
Quote:

And I say everytime that I don't get it and we all know that it is only being said because you don't like her being with Philip. People are always reaching for something to attack someone on so they pretend they see stuff in an interview that they don't.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jcar03
Jul 29 2008, 08:44 PM
Sariah
Quote:

And I say everytime that I don't get it and we all know that it is only being said because you don't like her being with Philip. People are always reaching for something to attack someone on so they pretend they see stuff in an interview that they don't.
I'll swear I saw Deidre Hall snarl at an interviewer once.... :D

oK, i guess the point's been made. Time will tell where this goes. Right now, I'm more interested in seeing if the future stuff fits with what's been going on, or if everything gets turned on its collective ear again!

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

No way would I trash her for it - because then she'd be off the show and I wouldn't have to worry about her. :D

Quote:

OK, now this is one of the things that bothers me.....the whole payoff thing. SOME fans are going to be left out. The whole fanbase "I'm waiting for my payoff" thing is probably one of the reasons Days is in the trouble it's in to begin with. That's been expressed before. I can't imagine waiting 8 years just to see a soap couple get back together again, but that's me. Shoot, if that's the case, I'd still be waiting for Don Craig to return from the post office! :D
Now granted, I don't feel Philip and Morgan have been cutting it lately either, but it's not because of me waiting for any payoff. As they continue to make every fanbase happy, it's no wonder things feel so topsy-turvy and unsettled.
What about Broe fans? They got their marriage payoff, but then there's the divorce. They lost their happily ever after. They're probably few and far between (or not very vocal), but somewhere on this universe, I'm sure there are some Lucas and Chloe fans. Don't they deserve a little more time before the plug is pulled?
What about the Philip and Belle fans? There are quite a few people left unsettled about the unexplored options for JKJ and MM. There are people wanting Philip and Stephanie.
Where does the madness stop?

I guess you'd have to look at what's on the show right now.

Is Brady on the show? Nope. Did their fans GET a payoff? Yep.

I don't believe there are actual Lucas/Chloe fans. Well, there may be a handful, but from all the message boards I visit I haven't seen some growing movement who adore them.

Belle's not on the show and as far as we know, not coming back any time soon. That sucks for their fans (and I do believe there was a sizable fanbase for that pairing), but the reality is that there is no Belle for there to be a Phelle. (And JKJ had leaps and bounds more chemistry with MM than he has with KR.)

People wanting Philip and Stephanie - it's one thing to think you'd like a pairing and hope to see it (I was all for a potential Kate/Shawn pairing) but should a few people wishing mean that the show should do it?

Now Phloe, on the other hand, has a large fanbase. Said fanbase was screwed over during the last go round because of multiple reasons, and so no, I don't think it's unreasonable that when the original actors have returned to the show to want them back together and for them to have a satisfying love story. There was no reason to put Philip with Morgan because Philip and Chloe still had their awesome chemistry and an unresolved past that would have propelled them for years to come in working out their differences.

And I don't think Days is trying to make ANY fanbase happy at this point, which is what I see as part of the problem. Instead they continue to alienate viewers and push them away in droves.
Edited by Sariah, Jul 29 2008, 08:49 PM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

so they pretend they see stuff in an interview that they don't.

Nope, not pretending. I've read some interviews with her that actually made me swear at my computer I was so pissed off at the tone of the article or her actual tone (as it was an in-person interview).

So what if I'm Phloe biased? I'm allowed to hate on whatever actor/actress I want on this board, aren't I? Why does anyone care who I do or don't like? LOL

jcar03
Member Avatar

:blah:

jcar03
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jul 29 2008, 08:48 PM
Quote:

so they pretend they see stuff in an interview that they don't.

Nope, not pretending. I've read some interviews with her that actually made me swear at my computer I was so pissed off at the tone of the article or her actual tone (as it was an in-person interview).

So what if I'm Phloe biased? I'm allowed to hate on whatever actor/actress I want on this board, aren't I? Why does anyone care who I do or don't like? LOL
And I'm allowed to disagree.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Wasn't there just some posting by the board admins over in the humongous Dena Higley thread about how all the posters on this board treat one another with respect? Please disagree all you want and let's have a conversation about it - but I don't get what I've done to provoke you into being rude. If I offended you, I'm sorry - that wasn't my intent.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

And I'm allowed to disagree.

And vice-versa. :)

jcar03
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jul 29 2008, 08:52 PM
Quote:

Wasn't there just some posting by the board admins over in the humongous Dena Higley thread about how all the posters on this board treat one another with respect? Please disagree all you want and let's have a conversation about it - but I don't get what I've done to provoke you into being rude. If I offended you, I'm sorry - that wasn't my intent.
What?

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

Personally, I am one of the few Lucas/Chloe fans.

jcar03
Member Avatar

LorrieOw
Jul 29 2008, 08:57 PM
I'll join!

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Just out of curiosity - are you an Ejami fan too? Because I haven't come across a Lucas/Chloe fan who wasn't also an Ejami fan. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply