Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Kristen Renton interview
Topic Started: Jul 29 2008, 03:47 PM (2,299 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Why is it not ok to dislike the character of Morgan as a romantic interest for Philip? I wasn't even watching during the first Phloe go-round and even if Chloe weren't on the show I would still hate Morgan with Philip. I don't see any chemistry there.

This is a soap opera. Not only that, it is and for a very long time has been known as a "couples" show. I just don't see the point of attacking people for liking the couples they like and not wanting interlopers to come between them. I'm sure we all have our favorites. I'm sorry I'm not a big enough person to only want to watch the show for "good story." I want to watch couples I like. And I don't like Philip with Morgan. I have no clue why that seems to be such a bone of contention. There's been a lot of talk on this board about how we respect others' opinons and everyone is allowed to express them, but frankly I'm not feeling that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jul 29 2008, 08:59 PM
Why is it not ok to dislike the character of Morgan as a romantic interest for Philip? I wasn't even watching during the first Phloe go-round and even if Chloe weren't on the show I would still hate Morgan with Philip. I don't see any chemistry there.
It's fine to dislike the character. But it's stupid to hate on an actress simply because her character is coming between a couple you like. It's just petty.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 29 2008, 09:00 PM
Paxton
It's fine to dislike the character. But it's stupid to hate on an actress simply because her character is coming between a couple you like. It's just petty.
:thankyou: :rockon:

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

But it's stupid to hate on an actress simply because her character is coming between a couple you like. It's just petty.

You say that like it's a bad thing. LOL I can be petty if I want to. No one said I had to be magnanimous about it.

And I've already admitted that Phloe loving probably shades the way I see her - but she does bug me in interviews. Petty or not, that is the reality for me.

Drake Hogestyn bothers me in his interviews too, and I couldn't give a rat's a** about J&M and he has nothing to do with Phloe.

Paxton
Member Avatar

Mason
Paxton
Well, taking for granted for a moment that it's "stupid" to dislike someone for how they come off in an interview, I don't see how anything I said about her interview could be interpreted as disliking KR, who admittedly I do not know and never will. Maybe I'm being oversensitive and none of this is directed at me. But in the event it is, what I said was that I didn't get her saying both that Morgan was a strong character and a damsel in distress, but that inconsistent writing made interviewing difficult. I also blamed that on the writing. I've certainly complained before that I don't see why KR gets the screen time she does, because I don't think she's that good an actress and she's not clicking with JKJ--in my opinion. I don't see that as hating on her as a person.

Mason
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jul 29 2008, 09:05 PM
Mason
Paxton
Well, taking for granted for a moment that it's "stupid" to dislike someone for how they come off in an interview, I don't see how anything I said about her interview could be interpreted as disliking KR, who admittedly I do not know and never will. Maybe I'm being oversensitive and none of this is directed at me. But in the event it is, what I said was that I didn't get her saying both that Morgan was a strong character and a damsel in distress, but that inconsistent writing made interviewing difficult. I also blamed that on the writing. I've certainly complained before that I don't see why KR gets the screen time she does, because I don't think she's that good an actress and she's not clicking with JKJ--in my opinion. I don't see that as hating on her as a person.
Um, I wasn't talking about you.

Mason
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jul 29 2008, 09:04 PM
Quote:

But it's stupid to hate on an actress simply because her character is coming between a couple you like. It's just petty.

You say that like it's a bad thing. LOL I can be petty if I want to. No one said I had to be magnanimous about it.

And I've already admitted that Phloe loving probably shades the way I see her - but she does bug me in interviews. Petty or not, that is the reality for me.
Well, then, in that case, don't complain when people call you out on it.

Paxton
Member Avatar

Mason
Paxton
Mason
Paxton
Um, I wasn't talking about you.
See? I said I might be being oversensitive (and defensive)! Just checking.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Well, then, in that case, don't complain when people call you out on it.

I wasn't complaining. I was responding.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jul 29 2008, 08:58 PM
Quote:

Personally, I am one of the few Lucas/Chloe fans.

Just out of curiosity - are you an Ejami fan too? Because I haven't come across a Lucas/Chloe fan who wasn't also an Ejami fan. :)
Nope. I am an EJ fan. Can't stand the Sami Brady character with either EJ or Lucas. Like EJ with Nicole. Huge BD fan, and I want somehting more for BD than having his character being used and abused by Sami.

Deleted User
Deleted User

LorrieOw
Jul 29 2008, 09:13 PM
Sariah
Jul 29 2008, 08:58 PM
Quote:

Personally, I am one of the few Lucas/Chloe fans.

Just out of curiosity - are you an Ejami fan too? Because I haven't come across a Lucas/Chloe fan who wasn't also an Ejami fan. :)
Nope. I am an EJ fan. Can't stand the Sami Brady character with either EJ or Lucas. Like EJ with Nicole. Huge BD fan, and I want somehting more for BD than having his character being used and abused by Sami.
You're a rare breed. I like you.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Wow - that's the first time I've come across a Lucas and Chloe fan! :) I like EJ and Nicole together too. I've never been a Sami fan either.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

^^ Why thank you.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I like Lucas and Chloe.

Some of you are divas in training... lolol

SmashinglySweet

Personally, I found KR the pretty personable in this interview. However, I have read other interviews that don't put her in such a good light. She seems preoccupied by the popularity of Morgan and Phorgan. I also don't like how she used many interviews to essentially campaign for her character. I find that type of behavior tacky, even if it is totally innocent.

However, I can separate my love of Phloe from my hatred of Morgan. I was willing to give Phorgan a try. I even watched all of their scenes. I was expecting to see some sparks, but I didn't. Also, even as a Phloe fan, I did think Phelle was hot. JKJ and MM had chemistry that I find lacking between JKJ and KR.

Also, I was intrigued by LucLoe until the e-sex stuff. I liked their friendship before it was tarnished by sex.
Edited by SmashinglySweet, Jul 29 2008, 09:21 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jul 29 2008, 09:15 PM
Quote:

Wow - that's the first time I've come across a Lucas and Chloe fan! :) I like EJ and Nicole together too. I've never been a Sami fan either.
I like Lucas and Chloe as friends, but not lovers. I used to love Sami, but now I can't stand her and think both Lucas and EJ need to move on, for my sanity as well as theirs.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Also, I was intrigued by LucLoe until the e-sex stuff. I liked their friendship before it was tarnished by sex.

e-sex. LOL

I liked their friendship as well - I thought it was pretty lame of the show to have them suddenly rush into getting it on. I'm not interested in them as a romantic pairing.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

I am hoping that someone will actually have a decent love story built for Lucas and Chloe. Probably won't happen, but I can hope. I just like that Lucas isn't always yelling, when he is with Chloe. I hope that maybe we can actually see some real acting from BD. Such a hot lookin man, and all he gets to do is scowl and yell.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I saw nothing wrong with Renton here. She has always come off as sweet and personable. She hasn't even done many interviews or press so I don't see how it can be said she's always come off as arrogant. I read the mags and most Days stuff is posted here and I've only recalled reading not more then 4 interviews with her.

I hope to see more of her and that her story continues to improve. I'm starting to see some progress with her character after a little while of threading water.

Paxton
Member Avatar

LorrieOw
Jul 29 2008, 09:29 PM
I am hoping that someone will actually have a decent love story built for Lucas and Chloe. Probably won't happen, but I can hope. I just like that Lucas isn't always yelling, when he is with Chloe. I hope that maybe we can actually see some real acting from BD. Such a hot lookin man, and all he gets to do is scowl and yell.
I'm not a Lucas fan, but I sympathize. He's been stuck for so long with only having AS, JS and LK to work with. He's been having the same conversation for what, two years now? If nothing else I'm sure BD was excited to work with somebody different. The problem is the romantic options on this show for women in his age range are somewhat limited. He's already been married to Nicole, and who else is there? Chloe is kind of it.

I actually thought he and MM had chemistry in a scene they had together last year--I remember it was when MM had just gotten those hair extensions and I think they might have been in Marlena's townhouse. I enjoyed them together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply