Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ATWT Actor Departs; Jon Prescott Exits ATWT
Topic Started: Jul 29 2008, 04:00 PM (755 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

I found on the We Love Soaps Blog

http://welovesoaps.blogspot.com/

A message from Jon Prescott (Mike, ATWT):

Because of budget constraints on AS THE WORLD TURNS Mike Kasnoff will be leaving Oakdale at the end of August.

I'd like to express my gratitude to the entire cast, crew, and production team who have made this an irreplaceable experience. I have been privileged to be a part ATWT and this concludes an invaluable education. Most importantly, thank you to the fans who have been energetic supporters of both Mike Kasnoff and the show as a whole. I view my departure as a positive step forward. Stay tuned as I share my next creative challenge with you shortly.

Wishing you peace and power,
Jon Prescott
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lilacwine
Member Avatar

I'm guessing he was the star rumored to have been axed?

Mason

Not saying this wasn't a good move since he should never have been hired in the first place, but if they're having budget problems, is this really gonna help?

Alligato
Member Avatar

Bummer...one of the best looking guys on the show...so what was the story for him anyways. He hasn't done much since he started a few months ago...so not sure why they brought him back in the first place.

Deleted User
Deleted User

He was too young for Mike. Good move ATWT. If Mike is ever brought back again, they should bring back Mark Collier or re-cast with an age appropriate actor.
Quote Post Goto Top

MaterialGurl
Member Avatar

I thought BB recently hinted about a Lily/Mike pairing in her recent interview that she gave one of the soap mags.? Wonder what happened. Think anyone else will be leaving?

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

I like this guy but he was a complete miscast as Mike. He was way too young.

It seems like when a soap role is miscast, the person never lasts (of course). Too bad the casting directors can't figure this out before fans have to suffer. Mike was on 18 episodes in Jon's first month and then the light bulb must have went off and he's been on much less ever since with basically nothing to do but be in other people's business. An unneeded character with a miscast actor.

Mason

Now let's just see if they'll do the same with Noelle Beck (although I somehow doubt it).

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

From what I saw of Prescott, I *really* liked him. He had a nice naturalness on screen and was very easy on the eyes. That said -- yes, he was miscast and was *way* too young for the role (although he did come across more mature onscreen). IMO, he'd be an asset for another soap in a different role.

oakdalelover

Link

A statement from his official website.

Quote:

Because of budget constraints on "As The World Turns" Mike Kasnoff will be leaving Oakdale this fall.

I'd like to express my gratitude to the entire cast, crew, and production team who have made this an irreplaceable experience. I have been privileged to be a part ATWT and this concludes an invaluable education. Most importantly, thank you to the fans who have been energetic supporters of both Mike Kasnoff and the show as a whole. Stay tuned as I share my next creative challenge with you shortly.

Wishing you peace and power,
Jon Prescott

KMan101
Member Avatar

Budget? You mean freeing up a newbie's salary to bring back Herrera and McCouch?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply