Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: DAYS Olympic Story
Topic Started: Jul 30 2008, 08:02 AM (8,174 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

Beginning on August 11, things are going to look a whole lot different in Salem, as DAYS will offer special programming because of NBC"s Olympic coverage.

Two limited story arcs will play out. One will will in the hospital and will center around Stefano , and the other will be Nicole's Drunken fantasy that takes place in the 1940's and will have a film noir feel.

After the two weeks, DAYS will pick up where they left off with bigger, ongoing stories.

The hospital story will feature Kayla/Steve/EJ/Sami/Nicole/Tony/Anna/ John/Marlena. Nicole sees something shocking in the hospital that kicks off her "film noir" fantasy that will focus on Lucas/Sami/Chloe/Nicole/EJ.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Nice! I'm looking forward to this.

Thanks!

Jonatha

Wow, who would have guessed? This sounds interesting, especially the Nicole film noir drunken fantasy. I hope they film it in black and white. Thanks for posting.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Umm... what?

So basically they realized that their regular stories wouldn't hold an audience's interest up to and through the Olympics, so they just decided to scrap them for a few weeks while they figured out what the fuck to do with the mess.

annalee003
Member Avatar

This has the suits over at NBC written all over it. I think a lot of Days crappy stories has to do with NBC.

Jonatha

Kenny
Jul 30 2008, 08:06 AM
Umm... what?

So basically they realized that their regular stories wouldn't hold an audience's interest up to and through the Olympics, so they just decided to scrap them for a few weeks while they figured out what the fuck to do with the mess.
That's what it sounds like. ;)

Pearly
Member Avatar

:omg: :shithitfan:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Hmmmm. I think I like this but the film noir thing definitely feels random and like Days is ripping off the time warp OLTL is doing.

Jonatha

IMissAremid
Jul 30 2008, 08:22 AM
Hmmmm. I think I like this but the film noir thing definitely feels random and like Days is ripping off the time warp OLTL is doing.
There's no doubt in my mind that Ari Zucker will play this to the hilt. I also think Days has done this before with Jack and Jennifer, which, if I remember correctly, wasn't that good. With Days it's always a struggle to maintain optimism.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Stupid idea but they picked the right character for the fantasy. If anyone can rescue a weak plot device, it's Ari/Nicole.
Edited by Ponz, Jul 30 2008, 08:34 AM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Very interesting! Not sure I get what da hell they are doing, but interesting.
So is the show is pausing to do a film noir, then will return to normal after the Olympics? Weird.
And if anyone can turn this into something interesting, it will be Ari.
I am all for shaking the story up a bit!

Ives
Member Avatar

Will the time be different for Days during the Olympics?

I guess it makes sense to me that they might do some stand alone type of stories during the Olympics when there would be more non-viewers likely to be flipping through the NBC channels. If it looks like a story they can easily pick up with high drama (esp. with some powerhouse acting from Joe, Peter,Kristian, Mary Beth, Stephen, Deidre, Drake, etc.) or that looks different like the noirish look, it would increase the odds that someone might stick around to watch it.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Ah! This must've been what Ali was talking about recently regarding "doing something fun for the Olympics" with James, Bryan and Ari. Hmmmm...... ;)

cjknick
Member Avatar

Ok now this looks interesting!!!! Cool!

1940's - I love this!!!! Here's the Cary Grant Stuff - yippee!! Different I like Different!
Edited by cjknick, Jul 30 2008, 11:23 AM.

Pearly
Member Avatar

cjknick
Jul 30 2008, 11:21 AM

1940's - I love this!!!! Here's the Cary Grant Stuff - yippee!! Different I like Different!
*sigh* @ James dressed in a suit a la Cary Grant..... :wub:

King
Member Avatar

I Will keep DAYS in my prayers. It needs them.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ok...the 1940's stuff is a ripoff of OLTL. I was afraid of this. Everytime a soap gets loads of praise and is on fire other soaps tend to rip it off and Days stands in line as the first. I hated the time crap on OLTL but there is a saving grace here. Ari will make something out of this and at least it's a fantasy. The OLTL one is kind of being played straight up with a love story at the center and that is hurting it too. I do like the film noir concept and we've heard the Cary Grant/James Scott comparisons over the years so maybe that was some inspiration.

The hospital thing is intriguing. My guess is that Stefano is going to wreak havoc and that is where the hallucinations happen or something. I have some high hopes for this.

I can understand doing short arcs during this time. Days will likely air at different times outside of the eastern time zone and it's better to do short arcs like this so that if anyone does miss it, there isn't much being missed. That and this seems to be interesting and fun and could build into more so it can get some fans into it too. Makes sense IMO. I look forward to it. At least they put some effort forth and it shows that they thought about things this time, unlike the 2004 summer Olympics when Days refused to edit things and get the cliffhanger show on before the Olympic break.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I think this is a good idea...I'm pretty sure Days won't always air in its normal timeslot during the Olympics and will be hard to find unless you have a DVR..I'm looking forward to both stories..hey at least we get a break from Daniel/Chelsea and Max/Stephanie..thats a good thing right..Terry is going to freak out..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I also like the fact that Steve/Kayla and Tony/Anna have stuff to do besides standing around. It's about time.

Jonatha

Pearly_Moon
Jul 30 2008, 11:26 AM
cjknick
Jul 30 2008, 11:21 AM

*sigh* @ James dressed in a suit a la Cary Grant..... :wub:
Dare we hope, Pearly Girl? We've been thinking about James as Cary Grant for some time now. swoons away...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply