Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: DAYS Olympic Story
Topic Started: Jul 30 2008, 08:02 AM (8,451 Views)
Ellie

Kevc1980
Aug 1 2008, 04:22 PM
One other positive about the film noir episodes, is that it gives Ed Scott and his team some great episodes to pick from for a directing nod next year...A film noir episode should complement one of the plane crash episodes very well...Anyone else agree??
Excellent point! (Though I'm not sure they'd submit two 'unusual' episodes.) But either way, I can't wait to see the direction of these shows.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Oh wow! So this isn't just a stand alone episode Friday before the Olympics?

Stefano's hospital storyline and Nicole's film noir story will play out over 2 weeks?

Edited by Rick, Aug 1 2008, 05:54 PM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I'm all for this storyline bring it on we need a break from the regular stuff!

Jonatha

Rick
Aug 1 2008, 05:53 PM

Stefano's hospital storyline and Nicole's film noir story will play out over 2 weeks?

Yes, that's what I have read. The 2 arc stories will play out during the Olympics. Awesome.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

Personally, I think Ari looks great in the photo. Very '40s. The women who played in these types of movies in the '40s were alway toguh "broad" who had to pull themselves up by the bootstraps to make something out of their lives. Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Lana Turner, Barbara Stanwyck, etc. They wre alway gusty big shouldered "dames." I am looking forward to this s/l and I think Ari is going to be great in it. She looks dead on to me.

Jonatha

LorrieOw
Aug 2 2008, 11:23 AM
Personally, I think Ari looks great in the photo. Very '40s. The women who played in these types of movies in the '40s were alway toguh "broad" who had to pull themselves up by the bootstraps to make something out of their lives. Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Lana Turner, Barbara Stanwyck, etc. They wre alway gusty big shouldered "dames." I am looking forward to this s/l and I think Ari is going to be great in it. She looks dead on to me.
You just made me remember those huge shoulder pads the actresses used to wear in the 40s movies. I don't even care how it's written, I can watch with the mute button on. I just want to see it play out. Speaking of hair, I wonder if Ali will have a Veronica Lake style. (Like Kim Basinger in LA Confidential.) It's going to be fun to watch.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Aug 1 2008, 04:22 PM
One other positive about the film noir episodes, is that it gives Ed Scott and his team some great episodes to pick from for a directing nod next year...A film noir episode should complement one of the plane crash episodes very well...Anyone else agree??
Good point, Kev.

One of these episodes would complement the plane crash episodes well. I do think Days would need to be careful though because these episodes will also focus on the Stefano drama and Days may want to be careful not to overkill on the action/catastrophic angle, although soaps win directing Emmy's for stuff like that all the time so I guess it's ok.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Rick

Nope. Days is on the whole two weeks of the Olympics and this will all play out during that time.

The Stefano story will also seemingly continue past this. Over the two weeks, the hospital aspect will play out but it will likely build into something else for all involved. This is simply his explosive return to the canvas, in a way :laugh: . I can't wait for any of this though!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

This 40's film noir has Emmy bait written all over it and I love it :laugh:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Rick
Aug 3 2008, 04:30 AM
Isn't it great that we can mention Days doing something to try to win an Emmy and actually, for once, believe that it can actually have a shot at getting a few nods? A year ago, no one would've believed they could and now there is at least that shot.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Rick

Yes :cheer: I have a feeling that these 2 weeks are going to be better and more entertaining than the overall show has been the whole summer

JustJo
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Aug 3 2008, 12:11 PM
Rick

Yes :cheer: I have a feeling that these 2 weeks are going to be better and more entertaining than the overall show has been the whole summer
It couldn't be any worse than this whole summer. :shame:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Rick
I think Days is losing alot of respect with people with these recent behind-the-scenes allegations. Well, lost more respect than had already been lost, LoL. I doubt they'll even receive a nomination next year.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

JustJo
Aug 3 2008, 12:43 PM
DolceDiMera
Aug 3 2008, 12:11 PM
Rick

It couldn't be any worse than this whole summer. :shame:
That's true, other than EJ and Nicole I've thought this summer was terrible (though not as bad as last summer). I can't imagine things being any worse....I hope :unsure:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Aug 3 2008, 12:49 PM
Rick
I think Days is losing alot of respect with people with these recent behind-the-scenes allegations. Well, lost more respect than had already been lost, LoL. I doubt they'll even receive a nomination next year.
I doubt it matters. Seriously, look what happened this winter. The Emmy nods did not come out until April I believe and that was on the heels of all the controversy over the strike and Hogan and co being fired so Higley could take over. If Days could still get recognized with all that, I doubt this will make a difference, especially considering there are rumors that it's going on at other shows too.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Honestly, I think the behind-the-scenes revelations are not making that much of a ripple, at least on the Net. And people beyond the net probably aren't even aware of what's going on. Beyond this board, honestly, most other boards have kind of let the issue drop, except for maybe NBC and Sony, and even then, I think it's dropped.
Even if it was an issue, I'd think folks would then feel the same way about a lot of other shows. There's an interesting thread at Television without Pity (yeah, I know some folks here don't like that board) on the Soaps forum that is all about backstage gossip, and some of that stuff is pretty much on the same level as this latest revelation. By Emmy time, it'll probably be a non-issue.
Now, if this had happened DURING Emmy speculation, well, maybe.

Kenny
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 3 2008, 04:19 PM
Honestly, I think the behind-the-scenes revelations are not making that much of a ripple, at least on the Net. And people beyond the net probably aren't even aware of what's going on. Beyond this board, honestly, most other boards have kind of let the issue drop, except for maybe NBC and Sony, and even then, I think it's dropped.
Even if it was an issue, I'd think folks would then feel the same way about a lot of other shows. There's an interesting thread at Television without Pity (yeah, I know some folks here don't like that board) on the Soaps forum that is all about backstage gossip, and some of that stuff is pretty much on the same level as this latest revelation. By Emmy time, it'll probably be a non-issue.
Just because the topic doesn't interest fans of the show on many forums doesn't mean that people in the soap industry aren't interested and talking about it. As incestuous as the industry is, you know word's bound to get around.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Errol
Jul 31 2008, 04:58 PM
cjknick
Jul 31 2008, 04:54 PM
ELewis
Jul 31 2008, 04:48 PM
Well, they asked for ONE...there are several, lol.
:welcome: Welcome to the board ....

I wouldn't mind seeing several!
Thanks for the welcome :)

Now, ask me next week why he's in a robe in the first place and what he was doing before putting it on...lol
Welcome Errol~ Happy postings. :cheers:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kenny
Aug 3 2008, 04:32 PM
ladyofthelake
Just because the topic doesn't interest fans of the show on many forums doesn't mean that people in the soap industry aren't interested and talking about it. As incestuous as the industry is, you know word's bound to get around.
True that. BUT, then they'd be pointing their fingers at everyone, because Days certainly isn't the only soap with scandals.

cjknick
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 3 2008, 05:24 PM
Kenny
Aug 3 2008, 04:32 PM
ladyofthelake
True that. BUT, then they'd be pointing their fingers at everyone, because Days certainly isn't the only soap with scandals.
ITA!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply