Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: DAYS Olympic Story
Topic Started: Jul 30 2008, 08:02 AM (8,172 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Okay i'm just making an educated guess here..Originally Dena had planned for the two Olympic stories to be Max & Stephanie in France and a Daniel/Chelsea fantasy set in the 1940's..And Ed realized what a horrible idea it was..So then we got Stefano back and they changed it to Nicole, Sami, Ej, Lucas and Chloe..I'm just happy with the stories we are getting, when you think of what it could have been..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jonatha

Kevc1980
Jul 30 2008, 12:18 PM
Okay i'm just making an educated guess here..Originally Dena had planned for the two Olympic stories to be Max & Stephanie in France and a Daniel/Chelsea fantasy set in the 1940's..And Ed realized what a horrible idea it was..So then we got Stefano back and they changed it to Nicole, Sami, Ej, Lucas and Chloe..I'm just happy with the stories we are getting, when you think of what it could have been..
Yes, things are looking up for the Olympics but the thought of Chelsea and Daniel in the 1940s? Pardon me... :puke:

cjknick
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Actually I think James, Ari and Ali I think are the right choice for a 1940's period piece ... Bryan not so much they should have used Roscoe instead!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Probably :laugh: .

One way to look at this is that it gives them two weeks to clean things up a bit. I can see the logic in short-term arcs given the circumstances but it also makes me wonder if more is going on. I always felt Higley would be gone around the start of Fall and one could easily see this as hints of a change or at least one potentially upcoming.

cjknick
Member Avatar

If it's Nicole's dream .... I bet she gets the guy!

Pearly
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Jul 30 2008, 12:14 PM
Pearly_Moon
Jul 30 2008, 11:26 AM
cjknick
Jul 30 2008, 11:21 AM
Ok now this looks interesting!!!! Cool!

1940's - I love this!!!! Here's the Cary Grant Stuff - yippee!! Different I like Different!
*sigh* @ James dressed in a suit a la Cary Grant..... :wub:
Dare we hope, Pearly Girl? We've been thinking about James as Cary Grant for some time now. swoons away...
Jonny, if this film noir story does not give us James a la Cary Grant I will personally make my way to the Burbank studios and rip whomever a GREAT BIG new one. I mean c'mon.....

You know I love this 40s theme s/l, especially the film noir part of it, but I'm just leery as to how this will effect the ratings. Hence, my :shithitfan: post earlier. I love that they are going to do this but damn, did they have to copy cat OLTL. I don't watch it so I had no idea until Phoenix brought it up. See, this is what I mean about Dena she's just messy. There is no definition to her writing. Everything is a jumbled mess. I really HOPE that the dialogue will be up to par as it's an essential part of that genre. If she's gonna be daring enough to do this, it better be good.
Edited by Pearly, Jul 30 2008, 12:36 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^LOL it can't do any worse for the ratings. They are already in the 1.0'a and with the time shifts for some during the Olympics, who knows who will actually see this as some may not even find the show or care enough to find the show.

At least they are doing something different. They gotta try something to get things going.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

i seriously doubt NBC will count the ratings for these two weeks anyways, as it won't air in the normal timeslots..They will be treated as specials..I just think this is a fun treat for the fans, and who knows it could get some old fans to tune in..I'm guessing a lot of the john/marlena/stefano fans will tune back in..The Tony and Anna fans have reason to watch..And so do the Steve/Kayla fans...

Pearly
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 30 2008, 12:35 PM
^LOL it can't do any worse for the ratings. They are already in the 1.0'a and with the time shifts for some during the Olympics, who knows who will actually see this as some may not even find the show or care enough to find the show.

At least they are doing something different. They gotta try something to get things going.
I was just hoping that with Stefano back on board we could get I nice big rise in the ratings, you know.

I hope this works....I'm looking forward to this.

Jonatha

Pearly_Moon
Jul 30 2008, 12:32 PM
Jonatha
Jul 30 2008, 12:14 PM
Pearly_Moon
Jul 30 2008, 11:26 AM
cjknick
Jul 30 2008, 11:21 AM
Ok now this looks interesting!!!! Cool!

1940's - I love this!!!! Here's the Cary Grant Stuff - yippee!! Different I like Different!
*sigh* @ James dressed in a suit a la Cary Grant..... :wub:
Dare we hope, Pearly Girl? We've been thinking about James as Cary Grant for some time now. swoons away...
Jonny, if this film noir story does not give us James a la Cary Grant I will personally make my way to the Burbank studios and rip whomever a GREAT BIG new one. I mean c'mon.....

You know I love this 40s theme s/l, especially the film noir part of it, but I'm just leery as to how this will effect the ratings. Hence, my :shithitfan: post earlier. I love that they are going to do this but damn, did they have to copy cat OLTL. I don't watch it so I had no idea until Phoenix brought it up. See, this is what I mean about Dena she's just messy. There is no definition to her writing. Everything is a jumbled mess. I really HOPE that the dialogue will be up to par as it's if you are going to be daring enough to do that genre.
I'm so with you on that. James as the Cary Grant character otherwise, look out Burbank! That earthquake yesterday will be nothing compared to Pearly's wrath. You go, girl. LOL!

Pearly
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Jul 30 2008, 12:38 PM
That earthquake yesterday will be nothing compared to Pearly's wrath. You go, girl. LOL!
Ya knooow it!! Terry ain't got nothin' on me honey child! Ummmm....wait a minute......that may not be such a good thing to say about myself. :$
Edited by Pearly, Jul 30 2008, 12:42 PM.

Jonatha

Pearly_Moon
Jul 30 2008, 12:41 PM
Jonatha
Jul 30 2008, 12:38 PM
That earthquake yesterday will be nothing compared to Pearly's wrath. You go, girl. LOL!
Ya knooow it!! Terry ain't got nothin' on me honey child! Ummmm....wait a minute......that may not be such a good thing to say about myself. :$
LOL, not to worry, no comparison there. Hey, love your new avatar today. How very appropriate.

Mason

Um, what the fuck is this?

I mean, really.

What. The. Fuck?

cjknick
Member Avatar

I so love the 1940's era - now that was a very romantic time period! Good for Days!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

IMissAremid
Jul 30 2008, 08:22 AM
Hmmmm. I think I like this but the film noir thing definitely feels random and like Days is ripping off the time warp OLTL is doing.
Exactly. I got the same feeling about the whole Marlena seeing a dead sister Samantha. Too coincidental and like the Vicki experience.
Now the time travel? So, I wonder which writer did this? LOL
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tricky
Member Avatar

i am not sold i will have to have more details before i will commit an hour of my day to watching this...hope springs eternal though!!!

KMan101
Member Avatar

God, it's NOT THAT BAD. Why can't you guys wait to diss it until it plays out onscreen. Higley sucks, yes, she does, but just let it play out. The hordes of negativity are keeping from even wanting to post anymore.

Mason

KMan101
Jul 30 2008, 12:58 PM
God, it's NOT THAT BAD. Why can't you guys wait to diss it until it plays out onscreen. Higley sucks, yes, she does, but just let it play out. The hordes of negativity are keeping from even wanting to post anymore.
Sadly, with Higley, spoilers often turn out worse onscreen than they even sound on paper.

Tricky
Member Avatar

i didnt think i was being negative...if i was, i apologize...at this point i am just a very skeptical viewer, rightfully so imo.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Umm okay... so does this mean that whatever happens during the Olympics will have no bearing on regular sl's? I am totally confused here. Are theses actual sl's? Or just erroneous shit to take us through the Olympics?

I guess THIS is what those people were refering too that kept saying PURPLE HAZE lmao

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply