Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: DAYS Olympic Story
Topic Started: Jul 30 2008, 08:02 AM (8,354 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

Tricky, I wasn't singling anyone out, haha, no worries.

We're all entitled to an opinion, obviously. I guess I'm just trying REALLY hard to be more positive than before, haha.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I'm interested. But the real reason is because I like everyone listed just about. I love seeing Steve and Kayla's name.

And I'm just relieved she doesn't mention Chan. God, I could almost see them try a 40s fantasy with them.

Days4Life

I'm not a fan of the 40s film noir style, but if anyone on DAYS can pull it off, it will be Ari Zucker and James Scott. I can easily see them doing that old Hollywood, glam thing. Even BD could be interesting, but I wonder what Sami's role will be? Hopefully, something really catty and antagonistic with Nicole.

I can't wait for Stefano's return!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

It sounds pretty good to me. I am so glad there is no Stax or Chan too!

Thanks for posting!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

I'm willing to give this a chance. Lord knows what they've been doing hasn't worked, so why not try something different for a couple of weeks.

I wonder what Nicole sees that sends her on a bender. :drunk:

Pearly
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jul 30 2008, 01:12 PM
I guess THIS is what those people were refering too that kept saying PURPLE HAZE lmao
:huh?:

Pearly
Member Avatar

mbdimera
Jul 30 2008, 01:24 PM
I wonder what Nicole sees that sends her on a bender. :drunk:
Oh my! I hadn't even given THAT a second thought after reading the spoiler. :ermmmm:

cjknick
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Jul 30 2008, 01:17 PM
I'm not a fan of the 40s film noir style, but if anyone on DAYS can pull it off, it will be Ari Zucker and James Scott. I can easily see them doing that old Hollywood, glam thing. Even BD could be interesting, but I wonder what Sami's role will be? Hopefully, something really catty and antagonistic with Nicole.

I can't wait for Stefano's return!
I agree James and Ari should rock this thing if written correctly!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Jonny, Pearly, I hope you get your wish about James Scott/Cary Grant. You've waited a loooooong time! :D

Pearly
Member Avatar

ArizonaDaze
Jul 30 2008, 01:44 PM
Jonny, Pearly, I hope you get your wish about James Scott/Cary Grant. You've waited a loooooong time! :D
Thanks Arizona! :smooch:

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Hmmmm....sounds to me like Higley is ripping off her old show :blink:

However, I feel excited about this. I love the 40s film noir style, it's one of my favorite eras, and I think James and Ari are going to rock the hell out of this. I'd love if they also played the music to fit the time period and will create some fabulous costumes, I can see EJ and Nicole all "glammed" up and sexy.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Actually I think James, Ari and Ali I think are the right choice for a 1940's period piece ... Bryan not so much they should have used Roscoe instead!

Nah, not Roscoe. JKJ instead. I think he's got the perfect face for it. :D Too bad he can't be with his age group and will probably be off playing beach blanket bingo somewhere with the teens.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jul 30 2008, 02:08 PM
Quote:

Actually I think James, Ari and Ali I think are the right choice for a 1940's period piece ... Bryan not so much they should have used Roscoe instead!

Nah, not Roscoe. JKJ instead. I think he's got the perfect face for it. :D Too bad he can't be with his age group and will probably be off playing beach blanket bingo somewhere with the teens.
Sariah, you hit the nail on the head with JKJ. He would've been perfect!

Paul8148

I guess Bo and Hope are on they Renew Honeymood.

Shylock

At first, I was like "WTF" @ the Film Noir thing.. then I got this mindpic (inspired by a post down on the first page) of EJ acting like Cary Grant and now I'm kinda open-minded to it. If it's one of those goofy, fun comedy type of things that's well written.. then I can dig it.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Paul8148
Jul 30 2008, 03:01 PM
I guess Bo and Hope are on they Renew Honeymood.
I think Peter and JKJ deserve a break they have been on almost every episode for a long long time! Darrin and Rachel too! They have been on alot too for a long time!
Edited by cjknick, Jul 30 2008, 03:03 PM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Shylock
Jul 30 2008, 03:02 PM
At first, I was like "WTF" @ the Film Noir thing.. then I got this mindpic (inspired by a post down on the first page) of EJ acting like Cary Grant and now I'm kinda open-minded to it. If it's one of those goofy, fun comedy type of things that's well written.. then I can dig it.
I bet it is a bit of comedy like those old Gary Grant 1940's like movies ... I picture it more like Carol Burnett drunk and dreaming about the man she loves back when it was so romantic to be in love when men were men and women were men too! ... Heck this is Nicole's dream in a drunken stupor ... It's got to have some comedy

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I think they know regardless of what they air, they won't be able to hold on to a good percentage of their audience during the Olympics, so they're giving us this special one-off crap.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Jul 30 2008, 03:08 PM
I think they know regardless of what they air, they won't be able to hold on to a good percentage of their audience during the Olympics, so they're giving us this special one-off crap.
I'll be watching ... sounds great to me! I could be disappointed if the writing doesn't hold up.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

You guys are killing me here. I'm not saying this is what I expected for the Olympics but it sounds kind of fun. I mean, people who insist that the 80s were the golden age of Days....what about the Robin Hoods story? Soaps do this kind of thing from time to time just to show that they don't take themselves too seriously and I think Days has needed it. All I ask is for them to feature likable characters/couples in such scenes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply