Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look, John
Topic Started: Jul 31 2008, 07:42 AM (2,049 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

John says good-bye to Ava and hello to his old enemy, Stefano, this week. Drake Hogestyn explains why John won't let the Phoenix rise again.

SOW: Why does Ava leave town?

DH: John planned to make a generous contribution to Judge Fitzpatrick's campaign, since she was presiding over Ava's trial. All of Ava's men were going to be quiet. All of a sudden, one of her men turns. And another one turns. They say they are going to tell all about sabotaging the airplane in Ireland under Ava's instructions - and Judge Fitzpatrick has been dismissed from the case. Now they've got a real hard-liner who is going to make sure Ava gets the maximum. EJ says there's nothing he can do. Ava tells him not to tell John.

SOW: Why not?

DH: Ava takes John by the hand, and she and John go upstairs for some extra-curricular activities. Then she sneaks back downstairs and writes a Dear John note.

SOW: How does John react?

DH: He's says, 'Big mistake, Ava,' because he could have taken care of things. John's disappointed that Ava didn't trust him. Although there isn't a moment to explore any of this, because there's a knock on the door - it's Marlena.

SOW: Saying...

DH: Stefano had a seizure. He may be coming around. John says, "If you want a job done right you've got to do it yourself." John's out the door.

SOW: Does Marlena warn him about tangling with Stefano again?

DH: Marlena says Stefano's will power is stronger than she thought. John says he thought she would have learned her lesson by now. and asks if she's terrified. Marlena says not really. She can take care of herself. She's more worried about John; he has a big bulls eye on his back. John says, "You're still my wife, correct?" He wants to make sure they can't testify against each other. Marlena doubts there will be a trial, since Stefano likes to mete out his own punishment. John says, "There very well may be a trial after I kill him." Marlena won't condone him by doing something against the law. John says, "Oh, you mean like you did? That's a little hypocritical." Marlena admits she had to find some way of neutralizing Stefano. John points out that it didn't work.

SOW: Why does John consider killing Stefano?

DH: John's programming was not complete, which was a failure on Stefano's part. Now John is his enemy. Stefano threatens the existence of who John is now. He will threaten to come back and take John's money, which was his money, John's mansion, which was his mansion, and all of John's business interests. That will not happen.

SOW: So will John succeed where Marlena failed?

DH: Oh, yes. John doesn't have an emotional center, so he doesn't have any problem eliminating Stefano. In fact, I'm shooting some scenes where John menacingly picks up a pillow while Stefano is laying there...

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jules

Thanks Jonatha! I'm tired of cold and emotionless John. It's all about his money, his stuff, etc. Doesn't give a person much to root for.

andromeda
Member Avatar

jules
Jul 31 2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks Jonatha! I'm tired of cold and emotionless John. It's all about his money, his stuff, etc. Doesn't give a person much to root for.
I agree, jules.

And thanks, Jonatha.

ilovemydays

Thanks for posting Jonatha. John sure does get over Ava quickly.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I don't see this being the end of Ava. Meanwhile, seeing John and Stefano battle it out for the power is gonna be huge. Can't wait. Thanks!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

LMAO, Mar will not let Jawn kill Steffy cuz it is against the law, but she will put him in a catatonic state and fool with hospital records and tests to cover her deeds....interesting. *sniff* I smell a Marlena double standard...anyone else?

deefanUBS

As usual, nuJohn is all about himself. Dare I hope that once he learns what Stefano's done to Marlena, he'll be able to take a break from focusing on his egotistical, self-absorbed ass long enough to have a shred of concern for her?
Edited by deefanUBS, Jul 31 2008, 09:21 AM.

jules

Dragonish1
Jul 31 2008, 08:56 AM
LMAO, Mar will not let Jawn kill Steffy cuz it is against the law, but she will put him in a catatonic state and fool with hospital records and tests to cover her deeds....interesting. *sniff* I smell a Marlena double standard...anyone else?
Maybe Marlena actually cares about John and doesn't want him to be hurt. She did what she did to save John. Seeing two meglamaniacs battle it out over money and power doesn't appeal to me. I know others love it, but that's not for me.
And Marlena may have double standards, but so doesn't every other character on this soap. She's seems to be the only one held to higher standards.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

jules
Jul 31 2008, 09:00 AM
Dragonish1
Maybe Marlena actually cares about John and doesn't want him to be hurt. She did what she did to save John. Seeing two meglamaniacs battle it out over money and power doesn't appeal to me. I know others love it, but that's not for me.
And Marlena may have double standards, but so doesn't every other character on this soap. She's seems to be the only one held to higher standards.
No, Marlena now has double standards out tha wazoo. When I was a kid this character was so different, she was fun and exciting. She was not polluted with the self importence & righteous indignation that I see in her now...Example, her ridicluous celll phone lecture to Trent....OMG, I sat & watched thinking WTF is that? The Marlena I see now is not The Marlena I loved growing up. I hate the way she is written. It is an absolute abomination. I see no caring in her pleas to do right, just a love to be bossy and to lecture...She does what she wants when she wants to.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Jul 31 2008, 09:19 AM
jules
Dragonish1
No, Marlena now has double standards out tha wazoo. When I was a kid this character was so different, she was fun and exciting. She was not polluted with the self importence & righteous indignation that I see in her now...Example, her ridicluous celll phone lecture to Trent....OMG, I sat & watched thinking WTF is that? The Marlena I see now is not The Marlena I loved growing up. I hate the way she is written. It is an absolute abomination. I see no caring in her pleas to do right, just a love to be bossy and to lecture...She does what she wants when she wants to.
Just more crappy writing,whoever is going the writing doesn't know the character of Marlena at all,but I LOVE Marlena and I admit thats hypocritical,but then again if someone goes through life and says they've never been hypocritical there a damn liar,everyone is hypocritical at some point,especially a soap opera,ALL characters on soaps are hypocritical at some point.

BYE BYE AVA,I will NOT miss you,I will have a fun party when your gone,Drinks all around.
Edited by JohnandMarlenaFreak, Jul 31 2008, 10:07 AM.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jul 31 2008, 10:05 AM
Dragonish1
jules
Dragonish1
Just more crappy writing,whoever is going the writing doesn't know the character of Marlena at all,but I LOVE Marlena and I admit thats hypocritical,but then again if someone goes through life and says they've never been hypocritical there a damn liar,everyone is hypocritical at some point,especially a soap opera,ALL characters on soaps are hypocritical at some point.

BYE BYE AVA,I will NOT miss you,I will have a fun party when your gone,Drinks all around.
I agree, very crappy writing. I wish a writer would look back and recapture some of the old Marlena back. Those in recent years have not done Dee's beloved character justice.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Dragonish1
You bet your sweet bippy!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jul 31 2008, 10:05 AM
Dragonish1
jules
Dragonish1

Remember what happened the last time someone promised drinks all around. ;)

FanODays

Why don't I care?

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Sorry, but I'm never going to be able to truly buy John as a formidable threat to Stefano, no matter how the writers try to spin it. I know that nuJohn is not the same character as oldJohn, but I still can't take this guy as a villain. Give me some of the romantic hero back that is part of what made John charming. I'm getting tired of this new guy.

Ant_23

DolceDiMera
Jul 31 2008, 10:52 AM
Sorry, but I'm never going to be able to truly buy John as a formidable threat to Stefano, no matter how the writers try to spin it. I know that nuJohn is not the same character as oldJohn, but I still can't take this guy as a villain. Give me some of the romantic hero back that is part of what made John charming. I'm getting tired of this new guy.

I totally agree. This guy wasn't even a formidable threat to "little Philly" he's laughable as a villian. I want the old John back stat.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Jul 31 2008, 10:52 AM

I agree. John as a villain = laughable.

Shylock

The NuJohn is much more entertaining than the old John. Old "Romantic Hero, Kinda Guy You'd See On The Cover Of A Romance Novel" John is played out and boring. I always thought the angle for this story would eventually be "Stefano's biggest mistake was removing John's memories and emotional capabilities.", where the new John, if prompted, wouldn't flinch twice about putting the stake in that guy's heart.

The whole emotionless thing could have been remedied if they had just recast Belle and Shawn.. or, at least, specifically Shawn and kept the little girl around to play on what emotions of his were available and add another layer to the whole story of how he's changing, it would've wound up better.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This sounds good.

The dynamics are going to be fun between this John and Stefano. That is what makes this the most interesting IMO. The John/Marlena scenes coming up seem good as well.

Tricky
Member Avatar

jules
Jul 31 2008, 08:18 AM
i agree i want the john/stefano face off, and i adored this version of john at first but the novelty has worn off, can we have like a 50/50 mix of this john and how he used to be....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply