Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look, John
Topic Started: Jul 31 2008, 07:42 AM (2,007 Views)
e83talus
Member Avatar

I too am tired of this John. He is an a--hole and the writers have succeeeded in turning part of teh J&M base against him. I and many others don't want him, as is, anywhere near Marlena.

The writers also need to give Marlena something to do rather than throwing her into random non-sensible scenes like the one with Trent and the cell phone or the one with Victor at the Bar or the one with her having the same conversation with Roman that they had the week before. It is clear that they don't have her in a s/l and simply plop her into scenes so that her fans show up once a week to watch the show. Many of us have already tuned out because of John and Ava but since we love Deidre/Marlena we want to see her no matter what. But this is simply getting embarrasssing when all she has to do is be the Java Cafe phone and line police. I hate Dena Higley!

I hope somebody else wrote the s/l for the olympics because I am looking forward to seeing Stefano and Marlena. Steffy can really run nuJohn over again and transplant him into someone with some feeling because the robot is played!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drakelicious

I just wanted to thank you Jonatha for typing this up. I for one love Drake interviews and care very much about what he has to say and how he feels about storyline.

I can't wait to see him and Joseph share scenes together again.

Drakelicious

PhoenixRising05
Aug 1 2008, 12:27 AM
This sounds good.

The dynamics are going to be fun between this John and Stefano. That is what makes this the most interesting IMO. The John/Marlena scenes coming up seem good as well.
Yes, yes, I'll just ditto your post! As a pro Drake fan, I can not WAIT to see him in scenes with Joseph, James and Thaao. IMO it was a brilliant move to make Jawn Santo's son.

Reading this interview has made me so excited regarding what is coming up on DAYS! I LOVE new Jawn!

Kyrai

PhoenixRising05
This sounds good.

The dynamics are going to be fun between this John and Stefano. That is what makes this the most interesting IMO. The John/Marlena scenes coming up seem good as well.
I can hardly wait!

I love Steffie, and I love John with Marlena. I sure hope this will be done well.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Drakelicious
Aug 1 2008, 05:09 PM
PhoenixRising05
This sounds good.

Yes, yes, I'll just ditto your post! As a pro Drake fan, I can not WAIT to see him in scenes with Joseph, James and Thaao. IMO it was a brilliant move to make Jawn Santo's son.

Reading this interview has made me so excited regarding what is coming up on DAYS! I LOVE new Jawn!
Despite what some might say, I KNOW there are more than 7 of you. ;) I love this new Jawn, too, and I really like your banner!

Jiggs
Member Avatar

I don't see why there should be any kind of show down between Stefano and Jawn. Stefano should embrace Jawn, since Jawn has kept his business going, kept his house running smoothly, rejected Marlena, rejected his family, associating with mobsters, battling with Kiriakis... Stefano programmed him to be his pawn, and that's exactly what Jawn has been.

Drakelicious

ladyofthelake
Aug 1 2008, 05:16 PM
Drakelicious
Aug 1 2008, 05:09 PM
PhoenixRising05
This sounds good.

Despite what some might say, I KNOW there are more than 7 of you. ;) I love this new Jawn, too, and I really like your banner!
Awww, thank you ladyofthelake, yep, from what I've seen many fanbases are really enjoying Drake's portrayal of new Jawn too! Personally, I can't get enough of him.

Teehee, I love my banner too, it's HOT!

Drake_Cake
Member Avatar

I cant wait for this to start. I am excited for all the DiMera men to get together. Its going to be interesting to see which side EJ and Tony chooses. Hopefully it will give all these wonderful actors some meaty material to work with.

Drakelicious

Drake_Cake
Aug 1 2008, 06:23 PM
I cant wait for this to start. I am excited for all the DiMera men to get together. Its going to be interesting to see which side EJ and Tony chooses. Hopefully it will give all these wonderful actors some meaty material to work with.
ITA Drake_Cake, that is what I'm excited for too. I think that Stefano has blackmail material on Tony which is why the guy is even talking to Stefano.

Drake_Cake
Member Avatar

Drakelicious
Aug 1 2008, 06:27 PM
Drake_Cake
ITA Drake_Cake, that is what I'm excited for too. I think that Stefano has blackmail material on Tony which is why the guy is even talking to Stefano.
I agree. I am thinking EJ will side with Jawn and Tony with Stefano. Tony is going to forget that his father kept him on an island for 20 years? If this is written correctly its going to be awesome. This is what we've have been waiting for!!!!!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Aug 1 2008, 05:55 PM
I don't see why there should be any kind of show down between Stefano and Jawn. Stefano should embrace Jawn, since Jawn has kept his business going, kept his house running smoothly, rejected Marlena, rejected his family, associating with mobsters, battling with Kiriakis... Stefano programmed him to be his pawn, and that's exactly what Jawn has been.
Uh, huh. :huh:

Kyrai

Drake_Cake
Aug 1 2008, 06:31 PM
Drakelicious
Aug 1 2008, 06:27 PM
Drake_Cake
I agree. I am thinking EJ will side with Jawn and Tony with Stefano. Tony is going to forget that his father kept him on an island for 20 years? If this is written correctly its going to be awesome. This is what we've have been waiting for!!!!!
I hope it goes this way too, but I'm afraid to hope too much. I'm really looking forward to this story.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Wow! I am liking that.
Jawn and EJ vs. Stefano and Tony? Never thought of it that way.
I am curious to see why Tony sides with Stefano...or at least why John and Tony are at odds? Will EJ convince Tony to abandon Stefano? Or will Tony guilt EJ into fighting for his dad? And who will win?

I hadn't thought of any of that until you Drakers got me all excited about it! This has so much potential to be really good! Yay!

Drakelicious

Yep Alligato, IMO that is the main reason why the writers have spent months writing for Jawn and Elvis as uncle and nephew and having these two really look out for each other. I think something as small as Jawn being the only one to call Elvis, "Elvis John" means something too...kinda like by doing that Jawn is telling him that he'll always think of him as his son, even though he doesn't remember that time, so it is going to come down to Elvis choosing between the man he THOUGHT was his father and the man who is his father.

I also adore the fact that Jawn goggled his name and found out that Elvis shot him and ordered the removal of his kidney, LOL! That IMO is brilliant because Elvis thought that Jawn knew NOTHING about that when all along Jawn has been pretending that he trusts Elvis, when really he has his guard up around him.

hops
Member Avatar

Jiggs
That is very true. I'm sure Stefano is going to be very pleased.

Drake_Cake
Member Avatar

hops
Aug 3 2008, 11:54 AM
Jiggs
Yes Stefano should be pleased, but we still need a showdown. If we don't then why would we tune in? Although this is not old John, nuJuhn is still aware of everything Stefano has done to him over the years and wants revenge. There needs to be conflict on the show and Stefano going after Marlena or Roman just wouldn't hold peoples attention. John has to be involved, it makes it much more complex. Although I am a fan of the nuJohn and wouldn't mind at all if he sticks around, this upcoming battle could not only bring J&M closer together, but also trigger some memories. I think its going to be very interesting to see Stefano go up against his "Magnificent Creation". Hopefully the writers don't screw this one up!!

CatherineEarnshaw

Drake_Cake
Aug 3 2008, 12:11 PM
hops
Jiggs
Yes Stefano should be pleased, but we still need a showdown. If we don't then why would we tune in? Although this is not old John, nuJuhn is still aware of everything Stefano has done to him over the years and wants revenge. There needs to be conflict on the show and Stefano going after Marlena or Roman just wouldn't hold peoples attention. John has to be involved, it makes it much more complex. Although I am a fan of the nuJohn and wouldn't mind at all if he sticks around, this upcoming battle could not only bring J&M closer together, but also trigger some memories. I think its going to be very interesting to see Stefano go up against his "Magnificent Creation". Hopefully the writers don't screw this one up!!
i am far more interested in Stefano going after Marlena than John, as others have posted , John has done exactly what Stefano wanted, so his going after Marlena wll hold my attention better than his going after John. The conflict for John should be that his protectiveness should kick in, and then there is an internal conflict for John.

Otherwise, it is just boring.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 1 2008, 08:27 PM
Jiggs
Uh, huh. :huh:
I love when people agree with me :wave:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Drake_Cake
hops
Jiggs
I'm not sure why you would think Jawn and Stefano would have a showdown. If Jawn had wanted to get revenge on Stefano, why didn't he trash his business dealings? Why didn't he burn the DiMansion to the ground? Why didn't he just take all Stefano's money and transfer it to his own empire? And he LOVES his new personality, so why even battle Stefano about that? He doesn't want to go back to being Stefano's enemy, real John. The only thing Jawn seems to hate about Stefano is that he tortured him in the lab. But since he loves being the pawn that Stefano created, I don't understand why he holds any resentment about that. I would think he would embrace Stefano for making him into the god he thinks he is now.

Of course, the show could be changing gears now since the Jawn story has bombed, and we could get some movement that makes sense with history. I won't be holding my breath though.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

CatherineEarnshaw
Aug 3 2008, 12:20 PM
Drake_Cake
hops
Jiggs
i am far more interested in Stefano going after Marlena than John, as others have posted , John has done exactly what Stefano wanted, so his going after Marlena wll hold my attention better than his going after John. The conflict for John should be that his protectiveness should kick in, and then there is an internal conflict for John.

Otherwise, it is just boring.
Yes, that's the only thing that would make sense. Stefano going after Marlena could trigger the real John to surface, and make him want revenge. I don't see what else would make John want to get revenge on Stefano, since Stefano is responsible for making him into this new Jawn who he thinks is supreme. He hates his past, hates his former persona, has embraced everything Stefano holds dear, and has even gotten rid of Marlena. Going by all that, Jawn should welcome Stefano back will open arms and Stefano should be thanking Jawn for doing exactly what he programmed him to do... well, other than failing to kill Colleen, but she's dead anyway.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply