Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Bo’s Romantic Surprise for Hope
Topic Started: Jul 31 2008, 01:10 PM (4,645 Views)
Sariah
Member Avatar

Bo springs a wedding on Hope this week, with a little help from their friends. “The idea started back when Bo got sick and was at death’s door,” explains his portrayer, Peter Reckell. “It gave him a new perspective on life. He just wants everybody he loves to know that he love them and the love of his life is Hope, so he wants to do something special. He gets help from all the ladies and it’s a group effort to show Hope how much he loves her.”

Hope is completely unaware that Bo has something up his sleeve. “She walks into the house and what she has on her mind is Philip,” previews Kristian Alfonso (Hope). “And everyone is in her house and it looks like they’ve been shopping for days and didn’t invite Hope. She knows something is up because next thing she knows, nobody is telling her anything and Julie is doing her makeup.” She tries to get the scoop out of Chelsea, who won’t spill. “It’s a sweet little exchange between the two of them,” smiles Alfonso.

Hope sees her dress and is clued in to what’s going on. “Finally, she says, ‘Am I getting married today?’ Maggie gives her something old, which is a sweet little hanky from the Brady hope chest, which she recognizes immediately, and then Kayla gives her something new, which is a bracelet. Julie gives her a necklace, which is her something borrowed, and Chelsea gives her a garter and flowers.”

The bride-to-be is blindfolded and taken to a park by Kayla. “When the blindfold comes off, there’s a beautiful carriage with a driver in front of her, and she goes to turn to Kayla and it’s Bo,” says Alfonso. “It’s a beautiful reveal. They try to recapture what they had experienced in New Orleans 24 years ago and go for a carriage ride and reminisce about what happened there and what it meant to them” “That’s when Hope and Bo feel like they really got married,” adds Reckell, referring to their private ceremony at Oak Alley Plantation in 1984 after making love for the first time. “The other wedding was the legal part.”

After the carriage ride, they head to the church, where family and friends are waiting. “It’s another surprise for Hope,” says Alfonso. “She honestly can’t believe he has taken it upon himself to plan all this for them. The writers did such a beautiful job with the vows. It’s very romantic and it’s not sappy and gushy; it’s truthful and honest and straight from the heart and real. It was just a pleasure to do, and they really did recapture what once was and what is today.”

Alfonso shares that she added a personal touch to the nups. “The ring that Bo gives Hope is actually the ring that my mom gave me that my dad had given to her on her 50th birthday,” she reveals. “I have worn the ring for many, many years on the show, but once Hope threw her ring away, I no longer wore it. It gave me the perfect opportunity to wear this ring to honor my mom. When I saw him pull out the ring, there it was and it was very sentimental.”

After the ceremony, Bo invites everyone back to his and Hope’s house for a New Orleans-style feast. But before they can go, a reporter enters and accuses Bo of suppressing evidence in the Hollingsworth case. “For some reasons, Bo admits it,” laughs Reckell. “ ‘Yup, I took the evidence.’ What the hell is wrong with him? Why does he say that? He just can’t keep a secret! And everybody looks at him and is disappointed. Bo says sorry and Roman hauls him off to jail.”

Which means the honeymoon is on hold – for now.

Pic of KA and PR in the carriage with a caption: Peter Reckell shaved off his beard for Bo and Hope’s nups. But he doesn’t plan to stay that way. “Probably not. It’s just a little stunt for the wedding,” he explains.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paul8148

What a Dumbass.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jul 31 2008, 01:10 PM
"The writers I did such a beautiful job with the vows." says Alfonso.
Fixed! LoL

Pearly
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 31 2008, 01:22 PM
Sariah
Jul 31 2008, 01:10 PM
"The writers I did such a beautiful job with the vows." says Alfonso.
Fixed! LoL
Oh, shit!! That's quite the statement Kenny and one that could quite very well be plausible. :drunk:

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

Sorry but this is dribble....Why can't they do with more then give BOPE sticky gooey sweetness blather or make them talking pieces for enviro concerns?...Geeze this is so going to be ff-ed through. I loved Bope because of their adventures...The last time WE got that is when Lexie made her surprise return....I freaking loved that.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I don't see why they are going all out for this. I just don't care about any of the couples renewing their vows. That is really neat about the ring though!

Thanks for posting!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

What astounds me is this year is Bope's 25th anniversary since they met. Why not have Bo throw a surprise party in honor of it? I don't begrudge the Bope fans getting a romantic moment and we should get some flashbacks, but a renewal is not necessary for this couple who have been fairly happily married since getting back together end of December 2006. Renewals to me in soapland tend to come with couples who were estranged for a long time but remained married like Jarlena or S/K.

With an anniversary of their first meeting we could get some history of their courtship and instead of comparing present day couples to Bope, how about comparing Chan to Bope's mistakes such as Hope crushing heavily on Roman back in the day and throwing herself at him. It's eerily similar to Chelsea stalking Daniel, except in Dena's warped mind she had the older guy reciprocate.

Ellie

Tripp
Jul 31 2008, 02:01 PM
What astounds me is this year is Bope's 25th anniversary since they met. Why not have Bo throw a surprise party in honor of it? I don't begrudge the Bope fans getting a romantic moment and we should get some flashbacks, but a renewal is not necessary for this couple who have been fairly happily married since getting back together end of December 2006. Renewals to me in soapland tend to come with couples who were estranged for a long time but remained married like Jarlena or S/K.

With an anniversary of their first meeting we could get some history of their courtship and instead of comparing present day couples to Bope, how about comparing Chan to Bope's mistakes such as Hope crushing heavily on Roman back in the day and throwing herself at him. It's eerily similar to Chelsea stalking Daniel, except in Dena's warped mind she had the older guy reciprocate.
Great post, Tripp. I'm sure the writers have no idea this is Bope's 25th anniversary. I agree with you about renewals also. This one really seems to come out of the blue. Also, I think this could have been a huge ratings draw, but imo there wasn't any buildup to it, and it hasn't been promoted enough. If the show wants to make a wedding the 'big event of the summer', they should promote it much more heavily than this has been.

And Dragonish1, agree that the writers have ignored Bo & Hope's relationship in favor of this 'gooey-ness'. Just another couple that the writers don't understand (or don't care about).

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I like that they are recreating the New Orleans stuff, that should make the Bope fans very happy..And i'm surprised that Bo gets arrested...interesting twist..

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Bitterness, hate and jealousy over a fictional couple on a Soap Opera so thick I could cut it with a knife! :laugh:

As a Bo and Hope fan, I can't help but take some flattery out of it! :biggrin:

AWESOME interview! :applause:

FanODays

If Bope were going to renew their vows it should have happened right after they reunited after Patrick was arrested. Its lost a bit of its impact even though I am sure it will be a wonderful ceremony.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

It annoys me that Tanna who had been apart for over 20 years got married off-screen when Bope who got married twice in 2000 is now getting an on-screen wedding.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I, as a Bope fan, am very happy to see them renew their vowels! Just because things didn't go well for someother couples does not mean that Bope should be deprived of their vowels renewal.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

While it would have been nice to see Tony and Anna have a small ceremony..I think we should just be lucky to have them back..I have a feeling they were supposed to be written out in June, but Thaao getting the emmy nom was a saving grace for them..And i'm happy to see them more active in upcoming spoilers..

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Why do you say that they were going to be written out? Because the show's not doing anything with them?
I wish that they could have continued to keep Thaoo as Tondre, just tone down the cartoonish stuff several notches, and have him be dark gray. When he was evil, he got more airtime at least.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Jul 31 2008, 04:13 PM.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

I can't wait to see Bo and Hope renew their vows. Hope has needed a new ring for such a long time...so I really don't care about the timing, I'm just glad we're finally getting something romantic for them...because let's face it, it has been a long time.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Sindacco
Jul 31 2008, 03:45 PM
It annoys me that Tanna who had been apart for over 20 years got married off-screen when Bope who got married twice in 2000 is now getting an on-screen wedding.
:hail:

Nothing against Bo & Hope. I love them. But, Tony & Anna definitely needed even a small ceremony on screen.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Even though I agree that all the other super couples getting a wedding would have made more sense, I have no problem with Bo and Hope getting one either. I love old flashbacks, which will probably be shown and I'm happy to hear the writing is apparently up to par.
Quote Post Goto Top

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Amello
Jul 31 2008, 04:36 PM
Even though I agree that all the other super couples getting a wedding would have made more sense, I have no problem with Bo and Hope getting one either. I love old flashbacks, which will probably be shown and I'm happy to hear the writing is apparently up to par.
I agree...I'm looking forward to the flashbacks as well.

And this also provides a great opportunity for Bo to give Hope a new ring...which the fans have been asking about for over two years now.

There will be a lot of focus on other couples during the two weeks the Olympics will be on...

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Bope flashbacks are always tearjerkers (happy tears)
Edited by DolceDiMera, Jul 31 2008, 04:55 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply