Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Bos Romantic Surprise for Hope
Topic Started: Jul 31 2008, 01:10 PM (4,792 Views)
FanODays

fancyface78
Jul 31 2008, 04:27 PM
I can't wait to see Bo and Hope renew their vows. Hope has needed a new ring for such a long time...so I really don't care about the timing, I'm just glad we're finally getting something romantic for them...because let's face it, it has been a long time.

Its been a long time since anyone has had romance and yes this should be terrific. Days used to do these events really well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

fancyface78
Member Avatar

FanODays
Jul 31 2008, 04:55 PM
fancyface78
Jul 31 2008, 04:27 PM
I can't wait to see Bo and Hope renew their vows. Hope has needed a new ring for such a long time...so I really don't care about the timing, I'm just glad we're finally getting something romantic for them...because let's face it, it has been a long time.

Its been a long time since anyone has had romance and yes this should be terrific. Days used to do these events really well.
Very true. Bo and Hope haven't even had a love scene in three years. I wish they would get some writers who knew how to balance out what the fans would like to see....romance AND great stories!!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Jul 31 2008, 04:12 PM
Why do you say that they were going to be written out? Because the show's not doing anything with them?
I wish that they could have continued to keep Thaoo as Tondre, just tone down the cartoonish stuff several notches, and have him be dark gray. When he was evil, he got more airtime at least.
I loved the way Tondre was written in 2002, I want to see that kind of writing again. Well that was Andre but Thaao played him as Tony and B&C wrote him as a grey character.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Sindacco
Jul 31 2008, 03:45 PM
It annoys me that Tanna who had been apart for over 20 years got married off-screen when Bope who got married twice in 2000 is now getting an on-screen wedding.
Oh boo hoo...Tanna got robbed of the elaborate on-screen wedding that Bo and Hope are getting...too bad so sad.

Get over it and take it up with TIIC not Bo and Hope or their fans.
Edited by KristianFanForever, Jul 31 2008, 07:19 PM.

Tricky
Member Avatar

i will tolerate it there are only two or three scenarios that cause me to skip dool this bope renewal aint one of them i like them.

but i will forever be :flipoff: at the powers that be for the lack of a tanna wedding.
Edited by Tricky, Jul 31 2008, 07:18 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I didn't take it up with Bo and Hope or their fans. I just posted my opinion about Bo and Hopes wedding in a thread called Bo's Romantic Suprise for Hope. If you can't take that people have different opinions, maybe you should go to SC where you can make a "Bo and Hopes wedding thread - no bashing, fans only" thread.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jul 31 2008, 07:17 PM
I didn't take it up with Bo and Hope or their fans. I just posted my opinion about Bo and Hopes wedding in a thread called Bo's Romantic Suprise for Hope. If you can't take that people have different opinions, maybe you should go to SC where you can make a "Bo and Hopes wedding thread - no bashing, fans only" thread.
I can tolerate differences of opinions just fine.

Bitching about how this should have been Tanna's moment to shine 'til the cows come home is only going to make you angrier. Why not put all that whining to good use and flood the DOOL studios with letters and/or emails about a grand Tanna wedding.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

"Why not put all that whining to good use and flood the DOOL studios with letters and/or emails about a grand Tanna wedding"

Why not just shut down all message boards if we can't post our negative thoughts?

~bl~
Member Avatar

I like that Days is celebrating Bo and Hope's relationship (their time in New Orleans specifically), but that doesn't change the fact that I was annoyed at how they handled Tony and Anna getting remarried. I'd rather Tony and Anna got back together without a wedding than have it off screen. They could have had a three minute ceremony at Chez Rogue (sp) on the episode that they said they got remarried and were with Roman and Kate.

Being disappointed about what happened with Tony and Anna doesn't make me less glad for Bo and Hope as I like both couples.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm not surprised this is being dissed.

It sounds great. I can't wait to watch it.

Ives
Member Avatar

Sindacco
SC doesn't allow specific non-bashing threads. Each character and couple gets one general non-bashing thread and one bashing only thread. It is all so fair and even. :P

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 31 2008, 01:22 PM
Sariah
Jul 31 2008, 01:10 PM
"The writers I did such a beautiful job with the vows." says Alfonso.
Fixed! LoL
ROFL!!! That needed a spew alert :roflol:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Unlike KMan, I'm shocked people are bashing this the way they are.

I hate that Tanna didn't get a ceremony (and I still think they were meant to be gone but Thaoo's Emmy nod saved him) but I do feel this is necessary.

This is something that is *so" Days. This is the stuff Days always did that many fans enjoyed. Fans wanted romance. Here it is. They wanted proper usage of history. Here it is. They wanted vets. Here they are. They wanted gorgeous settings. Here you go. It fits in with the story. Bope have been through alot and this has been hinted at for awhile. The buildup was there and the surprise element makes it fun. I just love the fact that they are remembering New Orleans and using it as a backdrop. I love the whole carriage thing. Just so wonderful. The gifts...everything. It shows alot of work went into something nice for the fans.

Also, not to push one couple over the other because I can honestly care less, but Bope is like the signature couple of Days. Hope is a Horton. Bo is a Brady. Over the years, fans have never really gotten tired of them, even if they had a crappy story or two. They always seemed like Corday's favorite. Every writer usually uses them, even when they don't have story. They seem the easiest to write for too. Higley seems to really enjoy Bope. She did in her first run. They were the couple she went on and on about and gave the most attention too. I wouldn't be surprised if she did remember it was 25 years since Bope met. She does know the history and has worked at Days for years. I like the fact that this actually marks history in a way.

I also like that it makes for a dramatic moment to the story that has been building steam the last few weeks with Bo and Philip. That scene sounds good. I think Bo going to jail will get him off the canvas for awhile. He's been used alot and I really do think the show is trying not to put too many vets over their guarantees. Plus, it seems like Bo and Hope are not a part of the Olympic stuff or are at least not mentioned so this will tie them up most likely.

Sounds very good. Can't wait for this.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

I'm willing to bet that even IF this were a Tanna, S&K or J&M vow renewal some will manage to find the littlest excuse to throw a tantrum over it.

Dr. Chip

It's interesting that Bo goes to jail after the wedding. He and Hope both spent their wedding night in jail once before, in England back in 1985.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dr. Chip
Aug 4 2008, 01:15 AM
It's interesting that Bo goes to jail after the wedding. He and Hope both spent their wedding night in jail once before, in England back in 1985.
That's a good point. I hope they make mention of it.

That is what I like about this. It's rooted in alot of history and it's always great to see the show's history as a focal point of an event like this.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sindacco
Uh, she can't go to SC. ;)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sindacco
Jul 31 2008, 07:38 PM
"Why not put all that whining to good use and flood the DOOL studios with letters and/or emails about a grand Tanna wedding"

Why not just shut down all message boards if we can't post our negative thoughts?
And, Sindacco, it's not like you have a habit of whining. I'm just amazed this certain person isn't allowed you to post a negative thought, since she has posted quite a few of her own over the years if the cosmos wasn't aligned with Hope.
Nuff said..............yeah, i wish they had had a TAnna wedding, too, but I am looking forward to this Bope vow renewal. I guess I'll take good things as they come.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Jul 31 2008, 03:22 PM
Bitterness, hate and jealousy over a fictional couple on a Soap Opera so thick I could cut it with a knife! :laugh:

As a Bo and Hope fan, I can't help but take some flattery out of it! :biggrin:

AWESOME interview! :applause:
Kind of like I'm taking flattery out of your avatar! :biggrin:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Jul 31 2008, 04:34 PM
Sindacco
Jul 31 2008, 03:45 PM
It annoys me that Tanna who had been apart for over 20 years got married off-screen when Bope who got married twice in 2000 is now getting an on-screen wedding.
:hail:

Nothing against Bo & Hope. I love them. But, Tony & Anna definitely needed even a small ceremony on screen.
Yea, it would have been fun if they had brought Calliope back for it. She and Anna used to be so funny together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply