Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Bos Romantic Surprise for Hope
Topic Started: Jul 31 2008, 01:10 PM (4,782 Views)
☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Watched the actual ceremony today. It doesn't even qualify as an actual wedding ceremony technically. Their friends and family affiliated the ceremony and basically went down memory lane of the couple - talked about their several wedding ceremonies.

They said their vows. Bo presented Hope with a new wedding ring since she doesn't have her old one anymore. And, Bo requested Hope to give him Shawn Sr.'s ring.

It was basically an episode to go through the memories of the supercouple. Don't get me wrong, it was nice nonetheless.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Maybe I could enjoy it if I didn't think was a stunt to get people to watch a day or two. Again, it is a event that has no real connection to anything and no affect. So Bo gets arrested at the end, that could have been done anywhere. The one thing that I have noticed with Dena's writing is that there are moments that are great. But nothing is tied together and the moments don't have any type of long term affect. The characters don't grow or change from the events so the events end up just becoming plot points to try and snag some ratings. I am sure someone will have it up on You Tube and I can just see it there if I want to.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Aug 5 2008, 11:32 PM
Jinxie
Jul 31 2008, 04:34 PM
Sindacco
Jul 31 2008, 03:45 PM
It annoys me that Tanna who had been apart for over 20 years got married off-screen when Bope who got married twice in 2000 is now getting an on-screen wedding.
:hail:

Nothing against Bo & Hope. I love them. But, Tony & Anna definitely needed even a small ceremony on screen.
Yea, it would have been fun if they had brought Calliope back for it. She and Anna used to be so funny together.
Yeah, I love Calliope. Eugene, too.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Sindacco
It annoys me that Tanna who had been apart for over 20 years got married off-screen when Bope who got married twice in 2000 is now getting an on-screen wedding.
Man enough with this Tanna crap already!

Yes, I love Tony & Anna too, but lets get real here.

If ANY couple is going to be a ratings draw or appeal to the mass DAYS fans, its BOPE or JARLENA and thus, I understand why DAYS is giving them all the glory.

Plus it is BOPE's 25th anniversary, its very fitting and there is NO denying Alfonso/Reckell have the best on-screen chemistry BY A MILE over any of the other couples on DAYS!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

PS - Can we all stop bitching for a change.

This actually sounds pretty good. It is featuring two timeless characters and is celebrating their love for each other, while nodding to their very rich history. I mean FUCK lets just be happy its not about STAX, CHAN or EJAMI/LUMI for a change. At least a prominent veteran couple is being featured!

F*ck if it's not one thing, its f*cking another with some of you!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Aug 6 2008, 02:54 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mitchapalooza
Aug 6 2008, 02:50 PM
Sindacco
Man enough with this Tanna crap already!

Yes, I love Tony & Anna too, but lets get real here.

If ANY couple is going to be a ratings draw or appeal to the mass DAYS fans, its BOPE or JARLENA and thus, I understand why DAYS is giving them all the glory.

Plus it is BOPE's 25th anniversary, its very fitting and there is NO denying Alfonso/Reckell have the best on-screen chemistry BY A MILE over any of the other couples on DAYS!
The 25th anniversary is a very good point.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

It will be nice to have something pleasant to watch.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Bope Photo Gallery:

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/specials/gallery_3385.html

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I loved todays show and can't wait to watch the ceremony tomorrow..Days did a great job with this..Hey Jinxie, is Mickey at the wedding tomorrow?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Aug 6 2008, 07:48 PM
I loved todays show and can't wait to watch the ceremony tomorrow..Days did a great job with this..Hey Jinxie, is Mickey at the wedding tomorrow?
I saw the episode, Kev.

He is in the episode tomorrow, as is Maggie, Julie, Doug, Chelsea, Daniel (who you don't even really see except in the very beginning and at the end-he has no lines), Caroline, Abe, Roman, Lexie (who shows up later), Ciara, Kayla, and Steve. Kate and Victor are there as well. Doug and Caroline officiate and there are plenty of flashbacks and John even makes an ominous appearance at the ceremony.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

I thought it was kind of nice myself. Her dress was beautiful.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mitchapalooza
Aug 6 2008, 02:52 PM
PS - Can we all stop bitching for a change.

This actually sounds pretty good. It is featuring two timeless characters and is celebrating their love for each other, while nodding to their very rich history. I mean FUCK lets just be happy its not about STAX, CHAN or EJAMI/LUMI for a change. At least a prominent veteran couple is being featured!

F*ck if it's not one thing, its f*cking another with some of you!
You have been SORELY missed, my friend :hail: :smile: .

imissstefano
Member Avatar

I watched the wedding episode and felt incredibly inspired by it. So much so that I had to work on a banner:

Posted Image

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Kevc1980
Aug 6 2008, 07:48 PM
Yep, as Phoenix already answered, Mickey is there.

Him and Maggie still look so weird together. He looks so young!

Practically everyone was there. They even gave recognition to Belle and Shawn.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

imissstefano
Aug 7 2008, 01:49 AM
I watched the wedding episode and felt incredibly inspired by it. So much so that I had to work on a banner:

Posted Image
LOVE IT.

I didn't wanna be cruel, and while her dress was gorgeous, everything else just didn't work. Her hair looked awful too. She has lost too much weight. Even her face looks awful. You could hardly even see her eyes.

lene
Member Avatar

LMAO! That banner is amazing. Doesn't hope look stunning? better than ever.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Holy old thread, Batman!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

This caught me by surprise. At first I thought, "ANOTHER wedding? They just had one!" LOL

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I thought the exact same thing :laugh: .

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

This has me all puzzled, too. I thought Bo plans another wedding after Hope gets angry with him. It definitely sounds like something that may happen down the road.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply