Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Ava's Good Bye
Topic Started: Jul 31 2008, 01:20 PM (7,521 Views)
Jiggs
Member Avatar

Not only is Jawn creepy, but Drake is creepy too!!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

^ Those are gorgeous pics/avatars of John & Marlena. Pink really is her colour.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Jul 31 2008, 04:37 PM
^ Those are gorgeous pics/avatars of John & Marlena. Pink really is her colour.
I don't think that J&M in the avatar, hon', LoL.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I was referring to Hergie23, and Jiggs (both posters up top) buddy :lol:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Jul 31 2008, 04:42 PM
I was referring to Hergie23, and Jiggs (both posters up top) buddy :lol:
Ooh. My bad, HON'! LoL

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Haha. I actually scrolled up and looked at the avatar and said to myself, "it sure looks like John & Marlena"!

Drakelicious

Angie79
Jul 31 2008, 02:13 PM
Ellie
Jul 31 2008, 02:11 PM
Angie79
Jul 31 2008, 01:51 PM
I don't get the KS comparison either. I don't see how it is disturbing though; he is just comparing their acting styles.
Because one played his daughter and one played his lover.
Well, I know that! LOL! It is not like he saying she is sexy like KS or something weird like that. He is just comparing how they approach acting.
Thank you Angie79! Drake is such a sweetheart. He is talking about how Tamara and Kirsten share the same personality in that they're both a "free instrument" and "free spirit" and how they went about picking up an idea for a storyline and throwing themselves right into it. My God, this man just can't win on this board, no matter WHAT he says he is attacked unless of course he is praising Deidre but so help him if he DARES to speak about another actress or say that the writing for John was frustrating for him as an actor, yet other actors can do this. *vent over*

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I love the compliments he gives Tamara and Kirsten, I adore those ladies!

drakegal

Drakelicious
Jul 31 2008, 05:20 PM
Angie79
Ellie
Angie79
I don't get the KS comparison either. I don't see how it is disturbing though; he is just comparing their acting styles.
Well, I know that! LOL! It is not like he saying she is sexy like KS or something weird like that. He is just comparing how they approach acting.
Thank you Angie79! Drake is such a sweetheart. He is talking about how Tamara and Kirsten share the same personality in that they're both a "free instrument" and "free spirit" and how they went about picking up an idea for a storyline and throwing themselves right into it. My God, this man just can't win on this board, no matter WHAT he says he is attacked unless of course he is praising Deidre but so help him if he DARES to speak about another actress or say that the writing for John was frustrating for him as an actor, yet other actors can do this. *vent over*

Great post Drakelicious...I couldn't agree more... Drake was just comparing there acting styles and man you'd think he said something WRONG when he DIDN'T. He just can't seem to catch a break from some people, and to call somebody a "weirdo" when there family was attack real nice. Is actor bashing allowed on this site?

Edited by drakegal, Jul 31 2008, 06:26 PM.

hops
Member Avatar

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jul 31 2008, 02:06 PM
Tamara reminds him of his once tv daughter,well I and others have been saying she could pass for his daughter,nough said.

She really fell for John,ya his connections and bank account.
'Started to open up and grow in different ways'??? I'm shaking my head at that one, lol. If you consider hiring goons, threatening people, paying off Judges and kidnapping as 'growing' :shrug:

Drakelicious

DolceDiMera
Jul 31 2008, 05:58 PM
I love the compliments he gives Tamara and Kirsten, I adore those ladies!
Me too...I'll admit that Martha was my favorite Belle, but IMHO Drake had such awesome on-screen father/daughter chemistry with Christie (ex-Carrie), Alison (Sami), Kirsten (ex-Belle) and Martha (ex-Belle). The fact that all four actresses looked up to him as a father off-screen as well as on-screen speaks volumes regarding the sweet man he is in real life.

Ellie

Drakelicious
Jul 31 2008, 06:41 PM
Me too...I'll admit that Martha was my favorite Belle, but IMHO Drake had such awesome on-screen father/daughter chemistry with Christie (ex-Carrie), Alison (Sami), Kirsten (ex-Belle) and Martha (ex-Belle). The fact that all four actresses looked up to him as a father off-screen as well as on-screen speaks volumes regarding the sweet man he is in real life.
Right. So, for example, Christie Clark is two years younger than Tamara Braun. So you can see why some of us thought that was one reason that the John/Ava thing was a little weird.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 31 2008, 07:04 PM
Drakelicious
Jul 31 2008, 06:41 PM
Right. So, for example, Christie Clark is two years younger than Tamara Braun. So you can see why some of us thought that was one reason that the John/Ava thing was a little weird.
I didn't like John and Ava because they had no chemistry, and yeah, she did look way too young for him. They make me squirm together. It's one of those cases, where I like the individual characters but don't think they click as a coupling.

FanODays

Hergie23
Jul 31 2008, 02:24 PM
Angie79
Ellie
Angie79
I just think that those of us who thought Ava could have been his daughter find it a bit ironic that he would compare her to his on-screen daughter. He is 18 years older than Tamara, after all. Just a stab cuz we hated the pairing, and I will fully admit that.
Just be thankful Reilly isn't writing because he would have us find out that Ava is in fact John's daughter AFTER they had sex.

daisysmommy

hops
Jul 31 2008, 06:26 PM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Tamara reminds him of his once tv daughter,well I and others have been saying she could pass for his daughter,nough said.

'Started to open up and grow in different ways'??? I'm shaking my head at that one, lol. If you consider hiring goons, threatening people, paying off Judges and kidnapping as 'growing' :shrug:
Word~wurd! And werd too. WTF?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm sad to see Tamara Braun leave. She was such a great add to the DAYS cast. Can't say I was a fan of Ava's though. I liked her in the very beginning, but then she started becoming too one note while they were still at the compound holding Steve and Hope hostage. I hated the way they redeemed her with the tired "doped up on medication" excuse, but whatever. The character shined once they placed her with Nicole and then later John. That's when I started liking her, once she was away from Steve. It just sucks that it seems like everything that should've been dealt with back in March or April is just now being handled, that being Steve and Kayla's talk about Steve sleeping with Ava, and then Ava going down for what she did involving the plane crash. Behind the scene changes are obviously happening, and things are starting to make sense. And apparently Higley's not even writing. Coincidence? I think not. :)

:laugh: to Drake Hogestyn comparing Tamara to Kirsten Storms. Not even comparable in the slightest.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

shakers951
Jul 31 2008, 08:31 PM
If the negative comments about Drake's interview weren't so sophomoric (look it up in the dictionary morons) they would be pathetic. You people have very little comprehension of the English language if you cannot understand the clearly stated meaning of his comments regarding the two actresses he was referring to. Please try to remember that this is television fanatasy and not a wish for your pitiful lives. Jiggs, if you think he is creepy, why do you have a picture of him hugging your heroin???
:laugh: :applause:
Edited by DolceDiMera, Jul 31 2008, 08:34 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

JohnandMarlenaFreak

What the flip does the bank account have to do with it? The Vitalis weren't exactly Ma and Pa Kettle.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

shakers951
Jul 31 2008, 08:31 PM
If the negative comments about Drake's interview weren't so sophomoric (look it up in the dictionary morons) they would be pathetic. You people have very little comprehension of the English language if you cannot understand the clearly stated meaning of his comments regarding the two actresses he was referring to. Please try to remember that this is television fanatasy and not a wish for your pitiful lives. Jiggs, if you think he is creepy, why do you have a picture of him hugging your heroin???
Did you eally mean heroin (the drug) or heroine? LOL just kidding!! :lol:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Jul 31 2008, 02:27 PM
Not only is Jawn creepy, but Drake is creepy too!!!!
Oh, man, where to even BEGIN with this comment...............................never mind. Gads. :huh:
I don't even know why I bother to even TRY to understand.....
OK, I'm done.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply