Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Ava's Good Bye
Topic Started: Jul 31 2008, 01:20 PM (7,345 Views)
hops
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jul 31 2008, 08:29 PM
Behind the scene changes are obviously happening, and things are starting to make sense. And apparently Higley's not even writing. Coincidence? I think not. :)

I swear to god Highly had nothing to do with the potential for what could be some good stuff coming up. I'll wait till it airs to judge, but the spoilers actually sound interesting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

shakers951
Jul 31 2008, 08:31 PM
If the negative comments about Drake's interview weren't so sophomoric (look it up in the dictionary morons) they would be pathetic. You people have very little comprehension of the English language if you cannot understand the clearly stated meaning of his comments regarding the two actresses he was referring to. Please try to remember that this is television fanatasy and not a wish for your pitiful lives. Jiggs, if you think he is creepy, why do you have a picture of him hugging your heroin???
:wub2:
Thank you for voicing what I wanted to. There are a lot of other things I want to voice, but then I'll be delving into territories I shouldn't........
Maybe it's time for my pain pill. :biggrin:

shakers951

LorrieOw
Jul 31 2008, 08:36 PM
shakers951
If the negative comments about Drake's interview weren't so sophomoric (look it up in the dictionary morons) they would be pathetic. You people have very little comprehension of the English language if you cannot understand the clearly stated meaning of his comments regarding the two actresses he was referring to. Please try to remember that this is television fanatasy and not a wish for your pitiful lives. Jiggs, if you think he is creepy, why do you have a picture of him hugging your heroin???
Did you eally mean heroin (the drug) or heroine? LOL just kidding!! :lol:
Thanks, I forgot the "e" Maybe it was a Freudian slip or just typing too fast.

CatherineEarnshaw

shakers951
Yet, you have no problem bashing a fellow board member. And if you are going to bash, I think you mean heroine, not heroin, which Days should give out if they want the audience to keep watching pathetic stories like John and Ava.

hops
Member Avatar

(time=)
It you go back and read the thread, it wasn't jiggs who started the negative comments about Drake's comparison between TB and KS. And ya, I got it, he meant they were child like in their approach to acting.

My problem was more with TB's take on what Ava did for John. I have to wonder if she knew John's history or what happened earlier this year, because John regressed in front of my eyes. As I implied earlier, all he might have grown in was embracing his cruel side.

I'm looking forward to finally getting this story back on track and glad to see Stefano back. Maybe now something will actually happen. It's been so boring.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

CatherineEarnshaw
Jul 31 2008, 08:44 PM
shakers951
Yet, you have no problem bashing a fellow board member. And if you are going to bash, I think you mean heroine, not heroin, which Days should give out if they want the audience to keep watching pathetic stories like John and Ava.
Actually, I don't think this was aimed at any one board member. And, her spelling error was previously and politely pointed out by another board member, and she replied politely.

CatherineEarnshaw

ladyofthelake
Jul 31 2008, 08:50 PM
CatherineEarnshaw
shakers951
Actually, I don't think this was aimed at any one board member. And, her spelling error was previously and politely pointed out by another board member, and she replied politely.
Regardless who she was directing her comments at, she was still bashing another poster. That is against the rules on this board. On the other hand, actors, characters, etc are fair game. It always amazes me how some get so indignant about criticizing a soap actor but think nothing about bashing a person who disagrees with her or him about a soap.

Drakelicious

LOL, so ACTORS can be attacked and called every name in the book yet posters are protected, LOL! OY! Ban me too please, I don't want any part of this board, CYA!
Edited by Drakelicious, Jul 31 2008, 09:02 PM.

CatherineEarnshaw

Drakelicious
Jul 31 2008, 09:01 PM
LOL, so ACTORS can be attacked and called every name in the book yet posters are protected, LOL!, OY! Ban me too please, I don't want any part of this board, CYA!
bye.

CatherineEarnshaw

shakers951
Jul 31 2008, 09:05 PM
CatherineEarnshaw
Jul 31 2008, 08:59 PM
ladyofthelake
Jul 31 2008, 08:50 PM
CatherineEarnshaw
shakers951
Regardless who she was directing her comments at, she was still bashing another poster. That is against the rules on this board. On the other hand, actors, characters, etc are fair game. It always amazes me how some get so indignant about criticizing a soap actor but think nothing about bashing a person who disagrees with her or him about a soap.
Please identify,for me, the poster I was bashing. If you mistakenly believed it to be Jiggs, I was simply asking a question about the photograph in her post signature.
you might want to read your post again where you refer to other people as "pathetic," "pitiful," "sophomoric," etc.

If these aren't insults, I will need new words for Drake's acting as Jawn.

hops
Member Avatar

shakers951
Please identify,for me, the poster I was bashing. If you mistakenly believed it to be Jiggs, I was simply asking a question about the photograph in her post signature.
You said 'look it up in the dictionary morons' which implies you are directing your comment at someone, (if not Jiggs) at least that is the impression I got.

CatherineEarnshaw

hops
Jul 31 2008, 09:14 PM
shakers951
You said 'look it up in the dictionary morons' which implies you are directing your comment at someone, (if not Jiggs) at least that is the impression I got.
hops, perhaps morons isn't an insult to this poster. After all, Drake apparently believes that he is a really good actor.

thereyougo

FanODays
Jul 31 2008, 07:13 PM
Hergie23
Jul 31 2008, 02:24 PM
Angie79
Jul 31 2008, 02:13 PM
Ellie
Jul 31 2008, 02:11 PM
Angie79
Jul 31 2008, 01:51 PM
I don't get the KS comparison either. I don't see how it is disturbing though; he is just comparing their acting styles.
Because one played his daughter and one played his lover.
Well, I know that! LOL! It is not like he saying she is sexy like KS or something weird like that. He is just comparing how they approach acting.
I just think that those of us who thought Ava could have been his daughter find it a bit ironic that he would compare her to his on-screen daughter. He is 18 years older than Tamara, after all. Just a stab cuz we hated the pairing, and I will fully admit that.
Just be thankful Reilly isn't writing because he would have us find out that Ava is in fact John's daughter AFTER they had sex.
This is more Higley's style. JER wasn't into incest like Higley, he was more into mix-up couples.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

thereyougo
Jul 31 2008, 09:33 PM
FanODays
Jul 31 2008, 07:13 PM
Hergie23
Jul 31 2008, 02:24 PM
Angie79
Jul 31 2008, 02:13 PM
Ellie
Jul 31 2008, 02:11 PM
Angie79
Jul 31 2008, 01:51 PM
I don't get the KS comparison either. I don't see how it is disturbing though; he is just comparing their acting styles.
Because one played his daughter and one played his lover.
Well, I know that! LOL! It is not like he saying she is sexy like KS or something weird like that. He is just comparing how they approach acting.
I just think that those of us who thought Ava could have been his daughter find it a bit ironic that he would compare her to his on-screen daughter. He is 18 years older than Tamara, after all. Just a stab cuz we hated the pairing, and I will fully admit that.
Just be thankful Reilly isn't writing because he would have us find out that Ava is in fact John's daughter AFTER they had sex.
This is more Higley's style. JER wasn't into incest like Higley, he was more into mix-up couples.
Who was the writer that had Kimberly and Victor having sex, Kimberly pregnant, when she found Caroline's letter to Victor, re Caroline's illegitimate child with Victor? I remember the pain on Kimberly's face when she thought there was a possibility that her biological father was Victor, and he could be the father of her child. Not quite an incest story, but an almostincest story, and it was a really good one.

Mason
Member Avatar

Tamara Braun like Kirsten Storms?

HA! I think not!

Tamara could act circles around KS even on her her worst day.

Drake_Cake
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Jul 31 2008, 02:27 PM
Not only is Jawn creepy, but Drake is creepy too!!!!
If your going to use the word creepy you should include Marlena in that sentence. I didn't know actor bashing was allowed on this board...GOOD TO KNOW!!!!

Drake_Cake
Member Avatar

CatherineEarnshaw
Jul 31 2008, 09:24 PM
hops
shakers951
hops, perhaps morons isn't an insult to this poster. After all, Drake apparently believes that he is a really good actor.
Drake is a really good actor and if it wasn't for him I think Deidre would have been fired a long time ago!!! He carried the John and Marlena pairing. You see many woman posting that they would love to have man like John in there lives. I can't recall ever seeing anyone saying that they would want a woman like Marlena in there lives. She is just pathetic. So if all these woman enjoyed John Black and wants a man like him then I do believe that is a credit to Drake's acting ability. So if you don't like the new character of John thats your right, but show some respect for a man who has poured himself into a character so that you could all get off for the past 22 years.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Drake_Cake
Jul 31 2008, 10:09 PM
CatherineEarnshaw
hops
shakers951
Drake is a really good actor and if it wasn't for him I think Deidre would have been fired a long time ago!!! He carried the John and Marlena pairing. You see many woman posting that they would love to have man like John in there lives. I can't recall ever seeing anyone saying that they would want a woman like Marlena in there lives. She is just pathetic. So if all these woman enjoyed John Black and wants a man like him then I do believe that is a credit to Drake's acting ability. So if you don't like the new character of John thats your right, but show some respect for a man who has poured himself into a character so that you could all get off for the past 22 years.
OK,I Love Drake and all but to be honest Deidre has been on DOOL 32 years,Drake 22,Marlena was supposted to be a short term character,but Dee was so loved she stayed 32 years and it's BOTH their chemistry that made fans love JM as a supercouple,on all soaps it the chemistry between both actors that carry the supercouple,not just one person.

leelee
Member Avatar

Drake_Cake
CatherineEarnshaw
hops
shakers951
:lol: okay...lmao..she was just fine for 10 years before he was on the show and when he was off those few months...I think she'd be just fine imo

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

tululabell
Jul 31 2008, 10:28 PM
Drake_Cake
CatherineEarnshaw
hops
shakers951
:lol: okay...lmao..she was just fine for 10 years before he was on the show and when he was off those few months...I think she'd be just fine imo
Dee would be just fine on her own,I have loved all her tv movies she's done,she rocks,I have only ever seen Drake on DOOL,nothing else,as Drake has often said ''Dee's a bombshell''.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply