Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dena is "rooting" for John and Marlena and
Topic Started: Jul 31 2008, 09:00 PM (2,351 Views)
imissstefano
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Aug 2 2008, 04:49 PM
e83talus
Aug 2 2008, 04:35 PM
SpriteEyes
Aug 2 2008, 04:22 PM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Aug 2 2008, 04:21 PM
SpriteEyes
Aug 2 2008, 04:11 PM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jul 31 2008, 10:28 PM
Really?I could never tell that,John is sleazing around with a little girl and Steve and Kayla are rarely on.
John's sleazing around with Chelsea?
With whoever is writing it would not surprise me.
They'd have more chemistry than Chelsea and Dan. :tink:
Please don't give these idiot writers any ideas! :shame:
Both couples would suck.

At least John is entertaining.
Entertaining? Ha!

John in his latest incarnation is the weakest link on the show. He's a boring, one-note character with no depth of emotion at all. I can understand why Drake might like portraying this version of John, as it doesn't take much effort as an actor to speak in a droning, monosyllabic voice when reciting a memorized script.

The real John was able to convey a sense of emotion and dramatic depth to the audience. I'd prefer John to have stayed dead rather than be subjected to this joke of a character currently on our screens.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Yeah, she's rooting for Jarlena, Payla, EJami, and Nick. Can't you tell???

Actions speak louder than words. If Dena were a writer, she'd know that.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

CatherineEarnshaw
Jul 31 2008, 09:00 PM
Steve and Kayla...maybe it is a good thing, considering what is happening onscreeen, that Alison Sweeney is writing Days.
You think Ali is the Diva doing the writing? Not me - I think it's Dee.

CatherineEarnshaw

CinderAngelkc
Aug 4 2008, 02:58 AM
CatherineEarnshaw
Steve and Kayla...maybe it is a good thing, considering what is happening onscreeen, that Alison Sweeney is writing Days.
So, Deidre wrote herself out for several weeks and made herself the third wheel of a triangle? She also changed changed Drake's lines???

Even though the evidence onscreen contradicts that, why not?? Maybe Deidre is just a masochist.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

imissstefano
Aug 2 2008, 05:08 PM
SpriteEyes
Aug 2 2008, 04:49 PM
e83talus
Aug 2 2008, 04:35 PM
SpriteEyes
Aug 2 2008, 04:22 PM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Aug 2 2008, 04:21 PM
SpriteEyes
Aug 2 2008, 04:11 PM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jul 31 2008, 10:28 PM
Really?I could never tell that,John is sleazing around with a little girl and Steve and Kayla are rarely on.
John's sleazing around with Chelsea?
With whoever is writing it would not surprise me.
They'd have more chemistry than Chelsea and Dan. :tink:
Please don't give these idiot writers any ideas! :shame:
Both couples would suck.

At least John is entertaining.
Entertaining? Ha!

John in his latest incarnation is the weakest link on the show. He's a boring, one-note character with no depth of emotion at all. I can understand why Drake might like portraying this version of John, as it doesn't take much effort as an actor to speak in a droning, monosyllabic voice when reciting a memorized script.

The real John was able to convey a sense of emotion and dramatic depth to the audience. I'd prefer John to have stayed dead rather than be subjected to this joke of a character currently on our screens.
:funny:

I also don't find anything entertaining about him. Drake has simply replaced old bad habits with new and more annoying ones. I wonder if he will be able to get rid of them if they ever bring back the old John?

NuJawn is an arrogant know-it-all blow hard. The only thing entertaining about him is how much of a cartoon he is.

josie

CinderAngelkc
CatherineEarnshaw
That is ridiculous!

CindyJean
Member Avatar

josie
Aug 4 2008, 11:37 PM
CinderAngelkc
CatherineEarnshaw
That is ridiculous!
Well, as I thought I posted, when did this happen? Days is a month ahead. We are seeing a lot of Marlena now. Ali is so busy. I don't know how she could do the too. I was speculating and it seems like speculating is all that is going on here. So, I shouldn't do that? I don't think it's ridiculous at all. On what basis do you say Ali is doing it? Do you have insider knowledge of that? I mean, we are hardly seeing Sami right now. Unless this was written six months ago - which I doubt.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

CinderAngelkc
CatherineEarnshaw
And Ali doesn't like seeing herself perform if she's doing it. Or maybe all this coming out now is from last year. The writing can't be done in a second and they don't do it a year ahead. It makes no more sense to me that it is Ali than to you that it's Dee - but she's the one getting the air time now and getting a really different attitude.

josie

CinderAngelkc
Aug 4 2008, 11:58 PM
josie
CinderAngelkc
CatherineEarnshaw
That is ridiculous!
Well, as I thought I posted, when did this happen? Days is a month ahead. We are seeing a lot of Marlena now. Ali is so busy. I don't know how she could do the too. I was speculating and it seems like speculating is all that is going on here. So, I shouldn't do that? I don't think it's ridiculous at all. On what basis do you say Ali is doing it? Do you have insider knowledge of that? I mean, we are hardly seeing Sami right now. Unless this was written six months ago - which I doubt.
I wasn't the one who said it was Ali and I would not speculate there myself but I know it is utterly ridiculous that it would be Deidre. First of all the news came from Nelson Branco at TV Guide and he said it was an "overrated Diva." Nelson Branco loves Deidre so he would not have said such a thing if it was her -- nevermind that it would be completely out of character -- so I was only commenting on your assessment that it was her because I know it is not.

You can speculate all you want.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

josie
Aug 5 2008, 12:08 AM
CinderAngelkc
Aug 4 2008, 11:58 PM
josie
CinderAngelkc
CatherineEarnshaw
That is ridiculous!
I wasn't the one who said it was Ali and I would not speculate there myself but I know it is utterly ridiculous that it would be Deidre. First of all the news came from Nelson Branco at TV Guide and he said it was an "overrated Diva." Nelson Branco loves Deidre so he would not have said such a thing if it was her -- nevermind that it would be completely out of character -- so I was only commenting on your assessment that it was her because I know it is not.

You can speculate all you want.
Actually, I looked back and he said Overblown Diva. That doesn't sound like Ali by all reports of the kind of person she is. It doesn't sound like Dee either, as I said, I was trying to comment on the speculation already going on and it seemed from air time and characterization the logical choice. But it could just as easily be Kristian or Lauren. I have no idea. They aren't hired as writers, whoever they are.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply