Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Steve and Kayla should have renewed their vows
Topic Started: Aug 1 2008, 11:26 AM (1,952 Views)
CatherineEarnshaw

I am not saying that Bo and Hope haven't gotten the short end of the stick but they have had so many wedding ceremonies that is Steve and Kayla's time imo.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ives
Member Avatar

CatherineEarnshaw
Aug 1 2008, 11:26 AM
I am not saying that Bo and Hope haven't gotten the short end of the stick but they have had so many wedding ceremonies that is Steve and Kayla's time imo.
Twenty years ago last week was Steve and Kayla's infamous yacht wedding - and the last time Days was #1 in ratings. Many S&K fans had hoped for some type of renewal - really just something intimate - especially since Steve has never worn his wedding ring since coming back. But none of us had any particularly high expectations. Heck, we were happy to finally get *some* type of emotional resolution to at least one of the storylines since S&K came back (brainwashing, Pocket/Tyler, etc.).

All that to say, I wouldn't change anything for Bope - I am glad they will get this bit of romance. And, frankly, I think many S&K fans are willing to acknowledge that the timing was not so good for S&K given everything else going on with Joe and the Ava situation.
Edited by Ives, Aug 1 2008, 01:29 PM.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

They definitly should have. They've been apart for a decade and a half. Steve was presumed dead.

Wouldn't a renewal be a requirement at this point in time?

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Steve and Kay got ripped off (AGAIN). It sucks. I would have LOVED an emotional wedding vows renewal for them on their 20th anniversary. I could care less if Bope renew their vows.

pagraves
Member Avatar

I'm willing to wait a few months to let them get past this Ava stuff and maybe they'll be ready for another "wedding in the snow." Just the two of them again, like that very first time.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Oh, for heaven's sake. Yes, both Tanna and S&K should also get the dream vow renewals that Bo and Hope are getting but you know what? They aren't, Bo and Hope are, so, tough luck.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

ElvisDiMera
Aug 3 2008, 01:29 AM
I could care less if Bope renew their vows.
And I could care less about Eshami but we're both gonna have to deal.

Janelli
Member Avatar

I was so excited that S&K were coming back. I have been waiting for them to renew their vows but no can't have that I guess. Have to let Bope renew theirs again. :eyeroll:

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Aug 3 2008, 07:52 AM
ElvisDiMera
EShami, I like that one! Beautiful avatar BTW.
No, I am glad that Bope will be renewing their vows, I'm excited about it. If it were S&K, then I would have been completely uninterested. I hate the loser Steve and his whiny pathetic "Sweetness".
Edited by DolceDiMera, Aug 4 2008, 08:28 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DolceDiMera
Aug 4 2008, 08:28 PM
KristianFanForever
Aug 3 2008, 07:52 AM
ElvisDiMera
EShami, I like that one! Beautiful avatar BTW.
No, I am glad that Bope will be renewing their vows, I'm excited about it. If it were S&K, then I would have been completely uninterested. I hate the loser Steve and his whiny pathetic "Sweetness".
Uh, ouch.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

bah, who cares about stinky Steve and Kayla

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Uh, me? I'm somebody......

Ives
Member Avatar

^^

LOL

I am somebody, too. :wave:

pagraves
Member Avatar

Yeah, last I looked, I was somebody, too. :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

are you all sure? :P

Jiggs
Member Avatar

CatherineEarnshaw
Aug 1 2008, 11:26 AM
Yes, at least with S&K there is a bit of a buildup for it. I don't think this Bo/Hope wedding will help the ratings at all. There is absolutely NO buildup towards it. It's so random.

Ellie

Jiggs
Aug 5 2008, 04:02 PM
Yes, at least with S&K there is a bit of a buildup for it. I don't think this Bo/Hope wedding will help the ratings at all. There is absolutely NO buildup towards it. It's so random.
That's what I think, but I know I'm outvoted here, lol. I think if they'd have built up to it with the storyline and promoted it more, it really could make an impact on the ratings.

As far as Steve & Kayla vs. Bo & Hope for this, either one is fine with me, as long as it comes as part of the story. imo Steve & Kayla's current storyline lends itself more to this type of event. Their marriage was tested with what happened with Ava, and if they've come out of it stronger, then perhaps renewing their vows and reaffirming their commitment to each other would be appropriate at this point.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

There WAS build-up. This was written about several times on this board. On and off, Bo has discussed this surprise for Hope over the past few weeks.
Oh, well....

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Aug 5 2008, 04:16 PM
Jiggs
Aug 5 2008, 04:02 PM
That's what I think, but I know I'm outvoted here, lol. I think if they'd have built up to it with the storyline and promoted it more, it really could make an impact on the ratings.

As far as Steve & Kayla vs. Bo & Hope for this, either one is fine with me, as long as it comes as part of the story. imo Steve & Kayla's current storyline lends itself more to this type of event. Their marriage was tested with what happened with Ava, and if they've come out of it stronger, then perhaps renewing their vows and reaffirming their commitment to each other would be appropriate at this point.
Someone ought to call in to MBE during her interview and tell her she and SN needs to go to the writer in charge about this! :D
Seriously, I do agree with you. Although, Bo and Hope probably appeal to more viewers across the board (and I'm saying this as a Steve and Kayla fan)....They never had a real reunion after the whole Chelsea/Ciara/Bo's Magic Sperm fiasco.
I dunno. At least it's happenin'.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Drew
Aug 4 2008, 09:08 PM
are you all sure? :P
Damn straight, honeypot! :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply