Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SUDS REPORT Higley update; Kelly Ripa Vs. Ehlers
Topic Started: Aug 1 2008, 11:31 AM (4,696 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Soaps/Suds/Articles/080801_news_nelson
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jonatha

hunterforrester
Aug 1 2008, 11:31 AM
Another good read from Nelson, thanks for posting. Guess the plot continues to thicken.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Dena's staying eh? Let the ratings continue to fall.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for the update Nelson ... It's good to hear that Days can see their way out of this mess. I hope they unify and get this show back on track. This show needs Unity about all else. Everyone needs to be on board to make it work.

I do appreciation it when they try to resolve things rather than continue the mess and the conflict!
Edited by cjknick, Aug 1 2008, 11:43 AM.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting the update. So Dena's ass is staying :unsure: Well, hopefully she, Scott, and the rest of TPTB can collaborate well enough to save the show! I just hope everything works out.

annalee003
Member Avatar

I'm glad Dena staying. It will give them time to find a suitable headwriter in her place instead of throwing any one in there.

kserox10

Another great report. I love that Kelly squashed the idea of recasting Haley! :)

Manny
Member Avatar

Just wanted to say, that I care if Traci is coming back to Y&R. I hate it if it's like one day... lol

Pearly
Member Avatar

Regarding Days, who was the person that said "It's business as usual.?

Thanks, Nelson.

Ellie

Thanks Nelson!

Hope Dena's not staying.

No need to feel sorry for Jarlena, lol. Stefano's always a welcome addition to any storyline. I can't wait for his stuff to start airing - it sounds great! And Ava's gone! ;)

FanODays

Is 'business as usual' code for 'let the ratings and viewership continue to fall?'

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I'm not happy that Ripa nixed the recast of Hayley. Hayley is a character that is needed on the show and if Kelly is not going to play the role then there is no reason she shouldn't allow someone else to play the role.

It would be much better to have Hayley on the show with her history and character attachments than to have a new character.

I mean the show probably couldn't even afford Ripa at this point if she came back plus they would have to work around her Live schedule so I don't see her ever returning. So why not have a new Hayley. And if this is true shame on Ripa for refusing to promote the show - that sounds like real love for the show to me.

FanODays

I'm really questioning why any of this had to be brought to light. What good did it really do? With Higley firmly in place for the time being, its pretty likely that the show will continue to lose viewers plus the reputation of 2 professionals has been hurt because of what a squealed?

I really think this was 'leaked' by Higley herself in order to divert attention from her own WGA scandal and because she was worried about being fired due to shitty ratings. So what does she do? She takes something that should have been an internal issue and leaks it so that she can play the role of the victim and hide behind WGA's skirts.

That's my theory.

KMan101
Member Avatar

In all honesty, if AMC really wanted Ehlers as Harley, she'd be Harley. Ripa endorsing it or not probably wouldn't affect anything, as "big" as she is.

deefanUBS

Not sure why this is painted as all being Mr. Scott and Ms. Sweeney's fault. Sorry, Higley doesn't get a shred of support from me, as it's because of her that Mr. Scott had to put his career on the line, in an attempt to save this show.

Quote:

The actor maintains his latest return is open-ended. Sorry, Jarlena!

Not a clue what you meant by that, but this John and Marlena fan is pleased to have Joe back. Infact, I am greatly looking forward to the upcoming scenes with Stefano and Marlena. :biggrin:

deefanUBS

FanODays
Aug 1 2008, 12:46 PM
I'm really questioning why any of this had to be brought to light. What good did it really do? With Higley firmly in place for the time being, its pretty likely that the show will continue to lose viewers plus the reputation of 2 professionals has been hurt because of what a squealed?

I really think this was 'leaked' by Higley herself in order to divert attention from her own WGA scandal and because she was worried about being fired due to shitty ratings. So what does she do? She takes something that should have been an internal issue and leaks it so that she can play the role of the victim and hide behind WGA's skirts.

That's my theory.
ICAM!!

Dr. Chip

Dena's history. It won't happen this week or next, but she's toast.

FanODays

deefanUBS
Aug 1 2008, 12:58 PM
Not sure why this is painted as all being Mr. Scott and Ms. Sweeney's fault. Sorry, Higley doesn't get a shred of support from me, as it's because of her that Mr. Scott had to put his career on the line, in an attempt to save this show.

Quote:

Not a clue what you meant by that, but this John and Marlena fan is pleased to have Joe back. Infact, I am greatly looking forward to the upcoming scenes with Stefano and Marlena. :biggrin:
Higley and the squealer made it Scott and his pal's fault. I doubt either of them did anything just for the sake of messin' with Higley because if there is one thing that Scott and the actors want its to stay on the air so if they did all of this stuff its because it needed to be done to save the show from Higley.

King
Member Avatar

Does Higley actually work ON the set/in the studio??

Hergie23
Member Avatar

deefanUBS
Aug 1 2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:

I am totally with you. I am psyched that Stefano is back. I am re-programming Days into my DVR as we speak!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply