Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SUDS REPORT Higley update; Kelly Ripa Vs. Ehlers
Topic Started: Aug 1 2008, 11:31 AM (4,753 Views)
deefanUBS

Hergie23
Aug 1 2008, 01:19 PM
I am totally with you. I am psyched that Stefano is back. I am re-programming Days into my DVR as we speak!
Yep, I haven't watched the show in a month, so I look forward to begin watching again. :biggrin: The spoilers for the next couple weeks sound pretty good. I was shocked, as It's been a very long time since I have been able to say that.

A toast to Marlena and Stefano! :cheers:
Edited by deefanUBS, Aug 1 2008, 01:29 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Oh, and I can't stand Kelly Ripa, and this just solidifies it.

oakdalelover

GREAT READ!

LOL on the Van Hansis(Luke) quote.

I had already heard about Stenbeck and Dusty return. This could really be good if Chris,Jean and company doesn't screw it up.

I wish they could get Larry Bryggman (Dr. John Dixon)to come back. His history is tied to both Stenbeck and Dusty plus he is one of the best actors daytime has ever had!

Thanks Nelson for an always interesting column!
Edited by oakdalelover, Aug 1 2008, 01:45 PM.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 1 2008, 11:34 AM
Dena's staying eh? Let the ratings continue to fall.
That's what I don't get. What is it going to take for them to fire her? Does DOOL need to be in last place behind GL before they'll let her go? I mean the ratings and demos are horrible.

And is the WGA going to continue it's investigation into Dena's alleged scabbing during the strike?

phloeishot
Member Avatar

FanODays
Aug 1 2008, 12:33 PM
Is 'business as usual' code for 'let the ratings and viewership continue to fall?'
LOL. I guess so! :eyeroll:

phloeishot
Member Avatar

FanODays
Aug 1 2008, 12:46 PM
I'm really questioning why any of this had to be brought to light. What good did it really do? With Higley firmly in place for the time being, its pretty likely that the show will continue to lose viewers plus the reputation of 2 professionals has been hurt because of what a squealed?

I really think this was 'leaked' by Higley herself in order to divert attention from her own WGA scandal and because she was worried about being fired due to shitty ratings. So what does she do? She takes something that should have been an internal issue and leaks it so that she can play the role of the victim and hide behind WGA's skirts.

That's my theory.
That's my suspicion as well. I wouldn't put it past DH.

ges
Member Avatar

I'm speechless.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dr. Chip
Aug 1 2008, 01:02 PM
Dena's history. It won't happen this week or next, but she's toast.
I agree. My estimate has always been late August/early September. All it will take is a falling out with Corday and that is probably coming.

They will wait until all this blows over and then she will be gone. If one thing doesn't go her way, she will probably quit now anyway.

Good column, Nelson. Glad to see an update. The "business as usual" line is what Days always uses when there is upheaval behind the scenes. I don't buy it for a second. They're just doing damage control and keeping a lid on it.

The Ripa stuff, if true, is horrible. She's lost favor with me since leaving AMC anyway but not letting another actress take on the role of Hayley, which is a needed one IMO, is petty and beyond stupid. I'm starting to get annoyed with actors and actresses trying to control these shows.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Sounds like a mountain was made of a mole hill. Some exec. producers rewrite and have a hand in stories. Ed Scott is one of those guys. I don't think this is nearly the scandal made out to be.

Days4Life

Dr. Chip
Aug 1 2008, 01:02 PM
Dena's history. It won't happen this week or next, but she's toast.
I agree. I think it's just a matter of time now. Most likely they will want this story to die down some before an announcement is made, but if her material is so bad Ed Scott and various actors are re-writing scripts, then DH is on her way out. I think a lot of this was blown out of proportion to begin with, as frequently happens when tempers are flaring. Good to know the WGA is probably not going to levy fines; the show can't afford it.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

KMan101
Aug 1 2008, 12:55 PM
In all honesty, if AMC really wanted Ehlers as Harley, she'd be Harley. Ripa endorsing it or not probably wouldn't affect anything, as "big" as she is.
I love ya, but it's Hayley you're talking about. Harley is who Ehlers played on GL. It was such a funny slip that I couldn't just let it pass by. ;)

Days4Life

King
Aug 1 2008, 01:09 PM
Does Higley actually work ON the set/in the studio??
In her blog she's mentioned being at the studio so I've assumed she has an office there.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Does make you wonder if the whole Higley-gate stuff was exaggerated to try and get a reaction and/or to see what the fans would say. Probably even someone taking a minor thing and blowing it way out of proportion. Still goes to show the mess that is Days. I wouldn't be surprised that Higley is gone in the next month or two once this all dies down. Look how long it took them to actually name her the head writer.

Kyrai

deefanUBS
Aug 1 2008, 12:58 PM
Not sure why this is painted as all being Mr. Scott and Ms. Sweeney's fault. Sorry, Higley doesn't get a shred of support from me, as it's because of her that Mr. Scott had to put his career on the line, in an attempt to save this show.

Quote:

The actor maintains his latest return is open-ended. Sorry, Jarlena!

Not a clue what you meant by that, but this John and Marlena fan is pleased to have Joe back. Infact, I am greatly looking forward to the upcoming scenes with Stefano and Marlena. :biggrin:
I agree on both points.

I don't understand why is Ali continually getting blamed with nothing to back it up to begin with. She's had a terrible s/l in general, so it's hard to imagine her as part of a conspiracy to hog the limelight. In addition, the stories have been so bad, if they did step in, I wouldn't blame them.

Can't wait for Steffie! Just hope John and Marlena bond and tackle him together as I hope they will. :)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Actually, this makes me feel even more like this ended up much ado about nothing. Sorry, but I don't think this is nearly as newsworthy as we originally thought. And, I agree with deefan. Why blame Ed and the "Diva"? By the way, I still think the word "Diva" is sorely being misused here. If it's Allison (LOOK. I used her name!!!!), from what I understand and gather from interviews and attitudes over the years, Allison is hardly a diva. Please let us know when the WGA ACTUALLY says something about this.
BUT, the news about A Martinez is good!!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 1 2008, 04:23 PM
Actually, this makes me feel even more like this ended up much ado about nothing. Sorry, but I don't think this is nearly as newsworthy as we originally thought. And, I agree with deefan. Why blame Ed and the "Diva"? By the way, I still think the word "Diva" is sorely being misused here. If it's Allison (LOOK. I used her name!!!!), from what I understand and gather from interviews and attitudes over the years, Allison is hardly a diva. Please let us know when the WGA ACTUALLY says something about this.
ITA, Lady!!! I've never figured AS for a "diva." This sounds like much ado about nothin'!!!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

What an ass Ripa is.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Ripa needs to get a life. It's not like she'll ever return to the show. And she should remember she wouldn't be where she is if it wasn't for AMC.

zachsmom

I agree that it sounds like Dena used this to try and win fans over to her camp and possibly make them feel sympathy for her. Too bad it didn't work! From what I read online, the majority of the fans were not upset over the possibility of her leaving Days. Just the reverse......... most wanted her gone and still want her gone no matter who tweaked her writing. Sounds to me like Ms. Higley is the real "DIVA" in this mess!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

All this just goes to prove what I have been saying in the other thread and on other boards - what is being said in this thread just goes to show why in the hell the powers that be don't know what to do anymore. Fans confuse them so much that they are left not knowing whether to scratch their watch or rewind their butt.

I mean just look at the stuff on the boards in the last 6 months:

Goutman doesn't listen to fans - he's a bastard.
Corday listens to fans - he's a bastard.
Higley does something wrong, going behind the WGA's rules - she's a bitch.
Higley gets interfered with - good going for corday and Ed.
Sheffer gets interfered with - they should leave him alone.
ABC fires vets - they are heartless bastards.
CBS fires a vet - they are bastards.
Days fires Frank Parker and possibly fired Drake Hogestyn - it had to be done; it's okay.
James Scott & Allison Sweeney & Ed Scott possibly went against WGA rules - it's okay and really truthfully it is Higley's fault that they had to do something illegal.
Ken Corday did something against the WGA rules to hire a scab writer - he's a bastard.
Jackie Zeman gets put on recurring - ABC again are heartless bastards.
Message boards put out that Days may have to cut a few folks - message boards all across the Internet say it would be okay if Suzanne Rogers and other long time vets went to recurring if it would save the show

I mean how in the hell are they supposed to know what decisions are okay by reading these message boards. It just proves my point that fans just really don't know what they really want. It all comes down to how well you are liked by people. One person can do the same exact thing as another and if he or she is liked that person is excused while the next person is not.

How in the hell do we even know that if Ali Sweeney did do this or James Scott did do this or whoever did it that their motives were to save the show. They could have been purely selfish motives. We do not know what they were. And it just gets into dangerous ground when we send out a message to actors or whoever that it is okay to do something wrong as long as your interntions are right.

Even if they were good intentions what they did was wrong, and could very well end up being bad for Days. And then the last laugh will be on them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply