Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SUDS REPORT Higley update; Kelly Ripa Vs. Ehlers
Topic Started: Aug 1 2008, 11:31 AM (4,855 Views)
lilacwine
Member Avatar

I'm not a Ripa fan but I'm glad Ehlers isn't going to be Harley. She'd most likely come back with Mateo's kid(s) and that could have either saddled her as a character or been too reminiscent of GUSH.

Unless they brought her back a wreck because Mateo and the kid(s) died... but they would not have the sac to do that... they only kill off women via lethal breakfast food at AMC!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lilacwine
Member Avatar

AND Higley... give her 3 months max

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Steve Frame
Aug 1 2008, 06:34 PM
All this just goes to prove what I have been saying in the other thread and on other boards - what is being said in this thread just goes to show why in the hell the powers that be don't know what to do anymore. Fans confuse them so much that they are left not knowing whether to scratch their watch or rewind their butt.

I mean just look at the stuff on the boards in the last 6 months:

Goutman doesn't listen to fans - he's a bastard.
Corday listens to fans - he's a bastard.
Higley does something wrong, going behind the WGA's rules - she's a bitch.
Higley gets interfered with - good going for corday and Ed.
Sheffer gets interfered with - they should leave him alone.
ABC fires vets - they are heartless bastards.
CBS fires a vet - they are bastards.
Days fires Frank Parker and possibly fired Drake Hogestyn - it had to be done; it's okay.
James Scott & Allison Sweeney & Ed Scott possibly went against WGA rules - it's okay and really truthfully it is Higley's fault that they had to do something illegal.
Ken Corday did something against the WGA rules to hire a scab writer - he's a bastard.
Jackie Zeman gets put on recurring - ABC again are heartless bastards.
Message boards put out that Days may have to cut a few folks - message boards all across the Internet say it would be okay if Suzanne Rogers and other long time vets went to recurring if it would save the show

I mean how in the hell are they supposed to know what decisions are okay by reading these message boards. It just proves my point that fans just really don't know what they really want. It all comes down to how well you are liked by people. One person can do the same exact thing as another and if he or she is liked that person is excused while the next person is not.

How in the hell do we even know that if Ali Sweeney did do this or James Scott did do this or whoever did it that their motives were to save the show. They could have been purely selfish motives. We do not know what they were. And it just gets into dangerous ground when we send out a message to actors or whoever that it is okay to do something wrong as long as your interntions are right.

Even if they were good intentions what they did was wrong, and could very well end up being bad for Days. And then the last laugh will be on them.
So why don't we all rip them new assholes then? :huh:
Frankly, I'm not going to get worked up about this again. You know this happens on a lot of other shows. I often wish I had been in the dark about this.

~bl~
Member Avatar

SteveFrame well to answer part of what you said...

Quote:

I mean how in the hell are they supposed to know what decisions are okay by reading these message boards. It just proves my point that fans just really don't know what they really want. It all comes down to how well you are liked by people. One person can do the same exact thing as another and if he or she is liked that person is excused while the next person is not.

With such a large group of people on the web you aren't going to get a consensus. Everyone has their own thoughts and feelings as to what is important to a particular program. And fans of different shows have different takes. A Days fan may not be upset about Drake or Frank Parker for example because they don't like one or the other, or because Days unlike many other soaps has a decent size veteran cast.

It seems like some people who post only care about their favorite couple/character/actor/actress for example so they could care less what happens in any story or to any cast member that isn't their chosen one/few. Also some viewers are diehard fans of their favorite show and feel the ends justify the means. BTW this is not a criticism...just how it can be...

IMO with the vet issue, it totally depends on the show/situation. 90% of the time whenever anyone who has longevity gets tossed (or recurred), I get angry/upset/frustrated even if I am not a huge fan of a particular person. Some viewers/posters on the other hand could care less if an actor or actress is on contract or not because the character they play means nothing to them. It is possible they never even saw the performers being really utilized anyway, so it is no loss to them.

Jonatha

SoapCentral has chimed in on Higley-gate. Nothing new just a recap of what Nelson has told us:

http://www.soapcentral.com/days/news/2008/0804-higley.php

peaches179

Steve Frame
It all comes down to how well you are liked by people. One person can do the same exact thing as another and if he or she is liked that person is excused while the next person is not.

How in the hell do we even know that if Ali Sweeney did do this or James Scott did do this or whoever did it that their motives were to save the show. They could have been purely selfish motives. We do not know what they were. And it just gets into dangerous ground when we send out a message to actors or whoever that it is okay to do something wrong as long as your interntions are right.

Even if they were good intentions what they did was wrong, and could very well end up being bad for Days. And then the last laugh will be on them.

:hail:

bannme

now this is how stupid rumors abound..putting the name ali or james in this like someone again is in the know is so out there..this whole thing has resulted in actresses being accused, now an actor...with no proof,,just a silly innuendo by a columnist who thinks he is all that..i wish cdn would bring back the guy who used to do this column..he made sense. this guy seems to be in trying to cover his ass and his tracks as quickly as he can lay down new keystrokes.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

banme - remember Nelson is a member here. No member of the DR can be bashed in anyway and you are treading very close to it.

We are a non-censored group here but we do not allow our members to be mistreated.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

One more point we will point out again. Nelson was not the only person who got this information from the "insider". Many other sites and people got the info too. They chose not to report it.

All that reporters and the press can do is report the news that is out there or ignore it. Everyone proves over and over again that they want to hear this stuff - so of course reporters are going to report.

Reporters like Nelson and others can't win for losing because just a few weeks ago he was being put down and attacked because the stuff he reported that week had already been put out there by Soap Opera Digest and they felt he should report more juicy stuff or give them more info. The public always wants more and more and more and more.

This time of course many got mad because of who it made look bad. I can only assume that if the news had been completely about Higley Nelson would be a hero to everyone now. And as long as it is not about actors that most of you like then you don't care one bit. Many of you put out names of performers and stuff and never had a problem with it, but the first time your favorite was mentioned as being the diva then you went on the attack.

Nelson reported the story that was given to him from the insider. He cannot change the story to make it sound better to you. If it was me the next time I got a scoop on something I would just leave it alone after the way Nelson has been attacked by many here and on a few other boards.

Ives
Member Avatar

Steve Frame

Based on Nelson's report, what has the actor/actress done that is so wrong? Supposedly, the actress rewrote lines - that is not an unusual occurrence, and Tom C. mentioned in his recent interview that rewriting dialogue is not a problem. The only other allegation in the report was that another person overheard her making some claim about being a co-head writer - without any context provided for that comment, it could have easily been a joking, offhand comment. And the outrageousm blatancy of the comment makes me suspicious that a person would walk around in a serious manner making such a claim. Especially since the report does not state that the actress was writing or changing lines for the whole show.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

But Nelson has clarified right here on numerous posts - right here on the DR and at Golderbby - that it is not all the actress and Ed Scott supposedly did.

Many of us on staff here at the DR have pointed that out time and time again too. Nelson said they not only changed lines, but they changed breakdowns, who was in stories, and all. All that info was given to us right here on the DR by Nelson who said all the photographic proof has been turned over to the WGA.

That is more than changing lines. and if all that is true that is why this could be a big thing and a big violation to WGA rules.

This has been clarified numerous times that it was more than changing lines.

cjknick
Member Avatar

How in the hell did James Scott get implicated in all this mess ... is it because his last name is Scott and people are mixing him up with Ed Scott?

Like I said on the other thread (somewhere within the firestorm of post) be careful of throwing names out there and pointing figure. Names of those who had nothing to do with this are being suggested and that is a terrible thing. Nelson opened this can of worms he better fix it ... this is a mess!
Edited by cjknick, Aug 1 2008, 10:20 PM.

Ives
Member Avatar

Steve Frame
Aug 1 2008, 09:46 PM
But Nelson has clarified right here on numerous posts - right here on the DR and at Golderbby - that it is not all the actress and Ed Scott supposedly did.

Many of us on staff here at the DR have pointed that out time and time again too. Nelson said they not only changed lines, but they changed breakdowns, who was in stories, and all. All that info was given to us right here on the DR by Nelson who said all the photographic proof has been turned over to the WGA.

That is more than changing lines. and if all that is true that is why this could be a big thing and a big violation to WGA rules.

This has been clarified numerous times that it was more than changing lines.
OK - now I understand that you were referring to posts made on the message board. I was looking at what was reported in the articles.

Tricky
Member Avatar

okay so there was major script changes going on, i have not seen it confirmed that it was allison...she does not seem diva to me at all, if ed scott was involved then i agree he was trying to salvage the mess dool has become, i am not saying i agree with overstepping boundaries and rules set up by the WGA...but all in all i agree this will probably end with the cease and desist letter and on a happier note while i am still distrustful of dena considering how horrible june and july were the stuff for the first half of august looks really great so i am willing to just wait and see....

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Again some of you are treading on bashing a member of this board and that will not be tolerated.

Many of the people who are getting angry today are the same folks who have been speculating and throwing names out there just like everyone else. You have even called out names of the actors and actresses.

Now that some of your faves are getting thrown into all this it is time to go on the attack and it is no longer fun.

You cannot be a part of an uncensored board and have your cake and eat it too. Either it is okay to make speculation about all people in the public eye or it is not. You can't pick and choose who you want to have things said about.

This is the last warning on this. If you cannot abide by the rules and not get mad then maybe an uncensored board is not for you. There are plenty of boards on the Internet where you can go and nothing is allowed to be said against any performer.

And as to the comment in another post - no Nelson does not have to fix this. All that he is entitled to do is to report the news. It is Days responsibility to fix this - if this is going on.

Insiders have been giving out info for years to all kinds of boards. Half the rumors and stuff that are posted are from insiders in the business. Even the stuff that we reported exclusively here back last year about John's death was from an insider.

You cannot choose what news you get from the Insider - sometimes it is good news, sometimes it is not.

For those of you getting mad about this, maybe you should just avoid the spoiler and insider threads in the future.

I don't mean that harshly but the last few days some of this mess has gone too far. People are pointing names at others but then when they when their fave gets the finger pointed back at them they are ready to get mad and go on the defensive. Again you can't have it both ways.

We need to act like adults and realize that we are only fans of these actors and not their defenders. They are big enough that if they want to they can do that themselves.

Deleted User
Deleted User

How did James Scott's name get into this? Where in the hell did that come from?
Quote Post Goto Top

Shylock

I think you're jumping to some conclusions about people's reactions. Mostly, aside from a few, the tone seems more of resentment and disappointment than anger. And I cannot blame those people, because this story was given a hell of a build and let to fester and grow over the weekend. It finally comes out and we find out that it was all a bunch of hyperbole. Yeah, it's a WGA problem and there was shit happening backstage with Scott delegating writing duties to some of the cast.. but it doesn't seem, look like, appear to be, etc, anything like what it was built up as.

Either way. It got built up like this great Show Destroying mountain and turned out to be a mole hill that'll just cause some problems for the time being.

Question: The one source. Was that the ONLY source that contributed this information or were there a variety of sources? If the latter, than what was the number of people sourcing this story?

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I am not jumping to any conclusions. Over the last few days things have been turning quite ugly with several bashing Nelson, the Dee fans getting mad here and on other boards, the Alli fans getting mad, now someone bringing James into it on this board and other boards, etc. Everybody has been pointing fingers and naming names. The problem is no one wants the finger pointed at their fave.

And it is more than a few posters.

And speaking of jumping to conclusions so many are jumping to the conclusion that the story is over. We do not know that and we do not know how much more there was to the story when the kibosh was put on the leaks.

Everybody wants to court Nelson for info and then throw him out with the wash if they don't like the info he is giving. Or ready to tar and feather him because the finger got pointed at their fave because of all of this.

As I said earlier I doubt very seriously if this had been all about Higley and made her look bad - Nelson would have been a hero. But it was not and now to many Nelson can't be trusted.

It is a common thing though with many fans and sadly Days fans especially. As I have said many times before SOME NOT ALL of Days fans (of which I am one) will turn on your very quickly - both to the actors and the other fans. Look how quickly Days fans turned on Drake last year and how quickly they turned on Mary Beth over a misquote.

The same seems to be happening to Nelson with some fans here and on other boards. I was just at another board about 30 mintues ago and if there is a name that can be used to degrade someone Nelson has been called it. Thankfully it is one of those boards where they delete stuff and it is gone now, but the sad thing is the fans said it. Those same fans were chopping at the bits 2 days ago wanting to know more.

We cannot blame Nelson for reporting the news esp. when we beg him for it.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Oh and as to the # of sources no one is telling who their source is. With none of them naming names there is no way of knowing who the little birdie is that told each person that got the news. I do know of at least 3 boards where they said they got the news - one of them I know of got the news on Friday but chose to wait and see what happened.

deefanUBS

Quote:

Over the last few days things have been turning quite ugly with several bashing Nelson, the Dee fans getting mad here and on other boards, the Alli fans getting mad, now someone bringing James into it on this board and other boards, etc. Everybody has been pointing fingers and naming names.

This is precisely why I don't believe Nelson should have broke this story the way he did. It left too much room for misinterpretation and was just asking for a lot of unnecessary squabbling among fanbases.
Edited by deefanUBS, Aug 2 2008, 08:51 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply