Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SUDS REPORT Higley update; Kelly Ripa Vs. Ehlers
Topic Started: Aug 1 2008, 11:31 AM (4,879 Views)
DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Tammy
Aug 2 2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks for psoting.

Okay I though Ehlers was supposed to originally be a recast for Liza not Hayle? Anywho... Rip needs to come back or they need to get a recast. Because Hayle is a much needed part on AMC IMO.
That's what I always used to read, but I never saw official confirmation, it was just a spumor....or I could be wrog.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

DAYS should be fined for this matter. That said, after a review by the WGA, if Higley did indeed write the crappy stuff, then she should be fired. If she did not, she shouldn't be. I think the actress in question should be fined personally as well, and maybe fired by the show.
Quote Post Goto Top

Ives
Member Avatar

Mulder
Aug 3 2008, 11:23 PM
DAYS should be fined for this matter. That said, after a review by the WGA, if Higley did indeed write the crappy stuff, then she should be fired. If she did not, she shouldn't be. I think the actress in question should be fined personally as well, and maybe fired by the show.
I don't see how a union has any jurisdiction over a non-member to fine them. There is a contractual relationship between Days and the union and, assuming the contract provides, penalties could be assessed to the show.

And if the actress needs to be fired, what do think about Ed Scott - the producer who directed her and gave her the authority for whatever may have happened?

Mason
Member Avatar

Christ, can we just be rid of that hack once and for all, already? She's like a bad case of herpes for DAYS. Every time you think you're rid of her poison, it starts flaring back up again.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Aug 5 2008, 03:50 PM
Christ, can we just be rid of that hack once and for all, already? She's like a bad case of herpes for DAYS. Every time you think you're rid of her poison, it starts flaring back up again.
That's a unique, if not apt, analogy!! :D

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 5 2008, 03:50 PM
I have no doubt she's on her way out if not out now. They probably can't announce it until they find someone to replace her.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think it's only a matter of time.

I already have a feeling she had her falling out with Corday, which is usually when writers get canned at Days. I think they are just waiting for this to die down before they act or announce anything.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

In which case, they can claim this had NOTHING to do with her firing.

FanODays

I'm not going to start chanting for WGA to penalize Days based on what little information we have especially because this reeks of Higley covering her ass. Let the WGA investigate and see if Scott and anyone else doing rewrites actually went beyond the limits of normal rewrites that happen on a daily basis on all soaps.

If I am correct and Higley is behind this leak then this can be added to the growing list of reasons why she should be fired.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

FanODays
Aug 6 2008, 08:18 AM
I'm not going to start chanting for WGA to penalize Days based on what little information we have especially because this reeks of Higley covering her ass. Let the WGA investigate and see if Scott and anyone else doing rewrites actually went beyond the limits of normal rewrites that happen on a daily basis on all soaps.

If I am correct and Higley is behind this leak then this can be added to the growing list of reasons why she should be fired.
You da woman! (or da man/????)

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Theresa Chaze
Member Avatar

annalee003
Aug 1 2008, 11:51 AM
I'm glad Dena staying. It will give them time to find a suitable headwriter in her place instead of throwing any one in there.
I also belong to the NBC Days board. Several months ago, I starte writing alternative storylines for Days in protest to the bad writing. At first I wasn't taking it seriousy so there are mistakes in it; normally I don't post first draft. But when others liked it, I started putting more effort into it. Please let me know what you think.

Alternative Days of Our Lives Universe

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I do think this is more about Higley covering for her own ass. I do think the writing is on the wall and it's only a matter of time before she's gone.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 7 2008, 12:56 AM.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Theresa Chaze
Aug 6 2008, 11:55 PM
annalee003
Aug 1 2008, 11:51 AM
I'm glad Dena staying. It will give them time to find a suitable headwriter in her place instead of throwing any one in there.
I also belong to the NBC Days board. Several months ago, I starte writing alternative storylines for Days in protest to the bad writing. At first I wasn't taking it seriousy so there are mistakes in it; normally I don't post first draft. But when others liked it, I started putting more effort into it. Please let me know what you think.

Alternative Days of Our Lives Universe
That was pretty good.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply