Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Casting Tidbit
Topic Started: Aug 1 2008, 05:06 PM (1,290 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

* The role of “Young Stefano” is going to be played by Davide Schivone. He will air Wednesday, August 20th

* There have been rumors flying around that Eric Martsolf is coming to the show as 'Brady Black. I spoke with a pal at the show today who tells me there is no truth to this. And since I detest these rumours, I went ahead and contacted Eric's publicist. Direct quote from Eric himself, "First I've heard about it."

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Eric and Brady best not be coming back. 1) Eric isn't a good actor and 2) Brady isn't needed right now, plus he's one of the most boring characters in DAYS history.
Quote Post Goto Top

stefenohairychest
Member Avatar

I believe the young stefeno has something to do with john who is confronted with the dead santoes and the young stefeno to convince him not to become them..then john is confronted with the old john

Sariah
Member Avatar

The Brady rumor needs to die.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Wasn't that one of the rumors spread by the always famous Terry, along with the Jennifer Landon one?

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Sariah
Aug 1 2008, 08:04 PM
The Brady rumor needs to die.
I agree. Do we really need Brady back? He is enjoying his time in rehab, just let him be.

Shylock

The problem with Brady is in how he's written. When he hated Marlena and was a conflicted dude, he was cool and I dug it. But his latter Days aren't anything to write home about. If Brady was coming back, Kyle Lowder should be the one in the role.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Kyle Lowder did nothing special with the role. Brady Black is totally recastable.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Amello
Aug 1 2008, 05:08 PM
Eric and Brady best not be coming back. 1) Eric isn't a good actor and 2) Brady isn't needed right now, plus he's one of the most boring characters in DAYS history.
I want the one and only Brady Black to return, Kyle Lowder and I want to see Nicole's reaction when he does.

She'll be "EJ who?". :makeout:

Deleted User
Deleted User

SpriteEyes
Aug 2 2008, 04:13 PM
Amello
I want the one and only Brady Black to return, Kyle Lowder and I want to see Nicole's reaction when he does.

Can't agree with you there, when and if Brady returns he must be a much darker character and Kyle Lowder would not eb able to pull that off.
Quote Post Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Amello
Aug 2 2008, 04:14 PM
SpriteEyes
Amello

Can't agree with you there, when and if Brady returns he must be a much darker character and Kyle Lowder would not eb able to pull that off.
I don't see why not.

I wouldn't count someone out. I've heard Kristen Storms is doing a great job at GH and I never thought she oculd act her way out of paper bag on DAYS.

Deleted User
Deleted User

SpriteEyes
Aug 2 2008, 04:21 PM
Amello
SpriteEyes
Amello

I don't see why not.

I wouldn't count someone out. I've heard Kristen Storms is doing a great job at GH and I never thought she oculd act her way out of paper bag on DAYS.
Yes, she has improved but she's just good a playing a bitch. With Kyle Lowder I watch him on B&B, and though he has improved, a strong actor could really prove to make Brady a great character. Personally, if Chad Brannon was in the role I would be ecstatic.
Quote Post Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Amello
Aug 2 2008, 04:48 PM
SpriteEyes
Amello
SpriteEyes
Amello

I don't see why not.

Yes, she has improved but she's just good a playing a bitch. With Kyle Lowder I watch him on B&B, and though he has improved, a strong actor could really prove to make Brady a great character. Personally, if Chad Brannon was in the role I would be ecstatic.
Good option.

My only problem is that I already know about the chemistry between KL & AZ, would it still be there with CB in the role?

Deleted User
Deleted User

SpriteEyes
Aug 2 2008, 04:53 PM
Amello
SpriteEyes
Amello
SpriteEyes
Amello

I don't see why not.

Good option.

My only problem is that I already know about the chemistry between KL & AZ, would it still be there with CB in the role?
Haha, hate to disagree again but I didn't see any chemistry between them LOL. Honestly, though with Brannon and Zucker in my head their chemistry would be off the charts, whether that translates on screen, who knows. Again though I am loving EJ and Nicole so I wouldn't want Brady with her anyway.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

The only time I could stand Brady was during Kyles first year, you know when he still had a personality.

ginababe
BANNED

I never warmed to Brady.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Aug 2 2008, 05:40 PM
The only time I could stand Brady was during Kyles first year, you know when he still had a personality.
:laugh:

Scott
Member Avatar

I believe Chad Brannon can have chemistry with everyone! I still think it was a mistake of General Hospital's to kill Zander off because, imo, CB was a great actor and Zander was an awesome character.

Shylock

Amello
SpriteEyes
Amello
SpriteEyes
Amello

I don't see why not.

Brady was dark-ish back when he first began, with his little issues with Marlena and attitude towards others. I don't see how you can say that he wouldn't be able to do it when he doesn't seem like he's been afforded the opportunity like what's on the plate with the Brady character at the moment.

And the chemistry thing needs to work with more than just one person. It definitely needs to gel with him and Drake, which is something I don't see that Brannon person doing. Lowder and Hogestyn had pretty good father/son chemistry on the show and Lowder actually looked like he could be John's son. All they'd have to do for Lowder is stop writing Brady as a lovelorn goody good and give the Brady character back the edge he had earlier on in the show.
Edited by Shylock, Aug 2 2008, 11:46 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Shylock
Aug 2 2008, 11:44 PM
Amello
SpriteEyes
Amello
SpriteEyes
Amello

I don't see why not.

Brady was dark-ish back when he first began, with his little issues with Marlena and attitude towards others. I don't see how you can say that he wouldn't be able to do it when he doesn't seem like he's been afforded the opportunity like what's on the plate with the Brady character at the moment.

And the chemistry thing needs to work with more than just one person. It definitely needs to gel with him and Drake, which is something I don't see that Brannon person doing. Lowder and Hogestyn had pretty good father/son chemistry on the show and Lowder actually looked like he could be John's son. All they'd have to do for Lowder is stop writing Brady as a lovelorn goody good and give the Brady character back the edge he had earlier on in the show.
Sorry to me Kyle Lowder wasn'T even close to looking like John's son. Chad Brannon on the other hand definately looks like the result of Drake and Staci. Plus Chad is a layered performer, Kyle never has been, IMO.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply