Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days not pleasing its audience
Topic Started: Aug 2 2008, 09:49 AM (4,209 Views)
madelinehawaii

PhoenixRising05
Aug 6 2008, 12:30 AM
Yep. They sure can.

Just go into ratings threads. The ratings are twisted in more ways then a pretzel.

The ratings system is atrocious and shouldn't be used to measure anything but that's another topic LOL.
true, a dinosaur from a tv era I can only vaguely remember at this point, when our set was B/W.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

madelinehawaii
Aug 6 2008, 02:44 AM
hops
Aug 6 2008, 12:35 AM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 5 2008, 11:36 AM
Quote:

well, until WE the viewers can reach a consensus on what we consider an entertaining story (and I ain't holding my breath) I wish tiic luck in trying to read our minds...sounds like a thankless job.

Another good post :hail: .

It's what I've been saying all along. Too much fan division...to many fans wanting different types of stories and styles. Then you have some fans that want something this week and a few weeks later want something else after getting something they want. It's just a mess and it's a big reason why the show is a mess at times.
I would say it is the writers who don't have a well thought out plan of where they want to take a story, and do not have a clear vision of who the characters are. They flip flop around. It is not the audience that is fickle, it's the writers who don't care what has happened before they took over or in some cases, even what they wrote themselves the week before. They have to stop assuming the audience is stupid. If they write themselves into a corner, they need to write themselves out of it in an intelligent way and make it part of the story. The audience is only reacting to what is presented to them. Why would an audience watch something that is not entertaining to them? Watching a Soap is not supposed to be like taking medicine that you are allergic to. No TV program should be like that.
that's like saying only one half of a couple is responsible for a divorce lol
:hail: :hail:
love ya, Madeline!

e83talus
Member Avatar

To add something positive, I am looking forward to the next two weeks. The action on screen and spoilers for this olympics story has made me reset my DVR and rush home after work. This is something I have not done since March. I don't know why someone at Days is putting the Dimera's, Payla, Ejami, Tanna, and Marlena back at the forefront, I am simply thankful for this direction.

Sadly it sounds like this excitement will be temporary but I have not seen this much (good) speculation and interest in the s/l's on Days in months. Maybe if the ratings increase enough during this stint it will give the writers a clue.

Here's to looking at good Days in the next two weeks! :)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

e83talus
Aug 6 2008, 09:49 AM
To add something positive, I am looking forward to the next two weeks. The action on screen and spoilers for this olympics story has made me reset my DVR and rush home after work. This is something I have not done since March. I don't know why someone at Days is putting the Dimera's, Payla, Ejami, Tanna, and Marlena back at the forefront, I am simply thankful for this direction.

Sadly it sounds like this excitement will be temporary but I have not seen this much (good) speculation and interest in the s/l's on Days in months. Maybe if the ratings increase enough during this stint it will give the writers a clue.

Here's to looking at good Days in the next two weeks! :)
Well, I'm going to keep enjoying it while it happens and hopefully after and not assume it'll stop when the Olympics does. By this time, who knows what will have happened backstage?
Hope springs eternal! :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply