Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Coup Behind the Scenes at Days; By Lynda Hirsch
Topic Started: Aug 2 2008, 03:29 PM (5,275 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

I don't get the "she has been doing this for years" comment...didn't ES just join Days a year ago? So that means other producers, etc, were okay with this actress writing her own lines and scene partners?

I just don't buy Ali Sweeney as she just doesn't have the time....that, and the writing for her the past year has sucked so bad that I am not sure I can think of one fan who didn't hate her once last year. She didn't write that, and we already know that the Santeen stuff didn't end the way any fan including the actors had in mind. Didn't Tom Cassiello address that the writers changed it?

And wouldn't Tom not be so appalled to hear about this if he knew about it from his writing job...since it has been going on for years?
Also "line changing" is a whole lot different than "story" changing.

Something doesn't gel.
Why don't they just say who it is and offer up some proof, especially if everyone knows. All this implying and hidden meaning drives me nuts...and doesn't really get us anywhere.
Edited by Alligato, Aug 2 2008, 06:02 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Oh, nice. So Ed Scott is the one who forced in all the green talk.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I think the diva is Deidre as well. I can see her ego being bruised by Tamara's turn as Ava.

But this is a soap within a soap.
Edited by Q Steph, Aug 2 2008, 06:25 PM.

hops
Member Avatar

Q Steph
Aug 2 2008, 06:24 PM
I think the diva is Deidre as well. I can see her ego being bruised by Tamara's turn as Ava.

I don't see that. I still think it's Alison Sweeney. Sami was being pushed out of both the Ejami and Lumi story for Chloe and Nicole. And remember there were other people re writing dialog as well.

ilovemydays

hops
Aug 2 2008, 06:29 PM
Q Steph

I don't see that. I still think it's Alison Sweeney. Sami was being pushed out of both the Ejami and Lumi story for Chloe and Nicole. And remember there were other people re writing dialog as well.

Pushed out? You are assuming Alison wants to be stuck in the Lumi vs. Ejami debacle. Besides, maybe it's more like, "I'm sorry, I won't be available to do that SL because I've got other commitments that Ken and NBC have already agreed to give me time to pursue. I'm sorry but you're just going to have to cut these (red pen) scenes."
Edited by ilovemydays, Aug 2 2008, 06:44 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I just can't see Ali doing that. I don't know why. Maybe it IS the person you would least expect, as is the case with a lot of stuff. You just never expect a certain person to do certain things but they do.

Frankly, I really couldn't care less anymore. I'm so over it all, really.

peaches179

KMan101
Aug 2 2008, 06:49 PM

Me too!

hops
Member Avatar

KMan101
Aug 2 2008, 06:49 PM
I just can't see Ali doing that. I don't know why. Maybe it IS the person you would least expect, as is the case with a lot of stuff. You just never expect a certain person to do certain things but they do.

Seriously, I don't really care. But when Deidre is brought in, it is always in a negative manner. But it could be spun for one of many other actors. That was just the point I was trying to make. I would really just like to see some decent stories and characters I can recognize and if it's AS and Ed Scott that can make that happen.... happy writing. All the power to them. And if it's Deidre, you go girl, lol, or anyone else that can make me care again.

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Has to be Deidre. Is it just coincidence she is now about to get a great involving story for herself? (Stefano,Sabrina)

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks Rick

I never doubted Nelson's story....This new bit of info from another source tells me this story may not be buried afterall. LOL at the set decorating.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Q Steph

Then wouldn't she have rewritten the Ava story? Or demanded they keep her out of the story?

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Dayzfan
Aug 2 2008, 07:02 PM
Has to be Deidre. Is it just coincidence she is now about to get a great involving story for herself? (Stefano,Sabrina)
I wonder what she was waiting for? She should have done it sooner! ^o) Who is Sabrina, btw?

leelee
Member Avatar

Sorry but if it is Deidre I would like to believe that she'd write herself better lines and at least get herself in a better story..so I doubt it's her. I still think it's AS the whole fucking show pretty much revolved around her last year...and before last year when was she ever on the backburner like the vets were last year?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I never doubted Nelson's story.

With that being said, Dee came to my mind when that article mentioned decorating sets.

If its Dee, then I say good for her. :rockon: Dee!

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

jane1978
Aug 2 2008, 06:21 PM
No way. That is NBC. They have forced it on a bunch of their shows like 3rd Rock, for example. The "Green crap" started in early 2007 well before Ed Scott showed up. Peter Reckell is also really into it so he might have something to do with it but I know for fact NBC is dictating some of it, if not all of it.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

ElvisDiMera
Aug 2 2008, 07:33 PM
jane1978
Aug 2 2008, 06:21 PM
No way. That is NBC. They have forced it on a bunch of their shows like 3rd Rock, for example. The "Green crap" started in early 2007 well before Ed Scott showed up. Peter Reckell is also really into it so he might have something to do with it but I know for fact NBC is dictating some of it, if not all of it.
Ed Scott is also into it.

King
Member Avatar

The term "overblown" makes me think it is NOT Dee, but someone younger.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

I don't think it is DH either. A previous post made a very valid point that if she was writing scripts she wouldn't have backburned herself. I too think it is AS. She has been frontburner forever.

FanODays

So now Ed Scott is the baddie because of this story and he's behind the green?

All I know is that I bet I know who never gets another interview with him.

I don't get how people are jumping to the conclusion that its Deidre who is rewriting scenes. Didn't we just hear about how another actress personalized some upcoming scenes and read about how she rewrote scenes in the blog of an ex-writer?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

FanODays
Aug 2 2008, 08:58 PM
So now Ed Scott is the baddie because of this story and he's behind the green?

All I know is that I bet I know who never gets another interview with him.

I don't get how people are jumping to the conclusion that its Deidre who is rewriting scenes. Didn't we just hear about how another actress personalized some upcoming scenes and read about how she rewrote scenes in the blog of an ex-writer?
Can't we speculate?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply