Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Coup Behind the Scenes at Days; By Lynda Hirsch
Topic Started: Aug 2 2008, 03:29 PM (5,252 Views)
LorrieOw
Member Avatar

I could care less who the diva is. If Nelson's source is corect, and it must be for the WGA to issue a cease and desist letter, the bigger problem is that what took place behind the scenes was wrong. It is in violation of the WGA rules, and could have, and may still cause a lot of trouble for days that the show just doen't need. If Mr. Scott was unhappy with the writing, the s/l direction, the ratings, etc., there is a right way to deal with those issues, and going behind the writers back and handling the situation the way it was handled could definitely cause a huge legal situtation, plus jeopardize his own postion as EP.

Nelson did not just report on a small matter of changing dialouge, what he reported on was changing scenes storyboards, etc. and doing so could really cause some serious legal problems for the show and for Sony. He was not the only one who knew of this story, but was the only one that had the balls to report the story. I feel bad for him that everyone is wanting to shoot the messenger. Since other sites are now picking up on the story and reporting on it, maybe people can back off on Nelson for doing his job, and only doing his job. Furthermore, his editors whould not have allowed this to be published if he was not able to refer to a credible source. My hat is off to Nelson.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Drakelicious
Aug 3 2008, 08:09 AM
Well, since we're all guessing as to who the "Diva" is, my guess is Deidre, since she did push Drake out of his dressing room in 1991 when she returned to DAYS, because she wanted a dressing room with a shower in it. Also, isn't she the only actor with special credits in the closing crawl...so she for sure has an ego.

I believe this is from your Drake website. You should read it sometime :D

Quote:

What Drake isn't trying to do these days is take a shower in his dressing room anymore—a minor, though newsworthy point. The reason being that along with losing the role of Roman, he also lost the aforementioned dressing room with its resident shower. But having had all that practice as a team player, the actor was more than happy to sacrifice his room for the greater good. In this case, for Deidre Hall. He also had his eye on a better room upstairs—one with a sauna! "When the storyline was first pitched to me by Al Rabin, he brought up the possibility of Wayne and Deidre coming back, and right away, I thought that would be a big coup. Then in the middle of the conversation he goes, 'But on the other hand, we're gonna have a little problem with the dressing rooms!' And I said, 'Let me guess, my dressing room has come into question.' And he said, 'Yeah.'" Drake goes on to explain that he and Deidre Hall are the best of friends. "I knew she always had one of the four rooms that had a shower because she works out and takes a shower as we all do. But also my mind was churning and I said, 'Well, there is a room I had my eye on in the back of Studio Four…'" So she got the shower, he got the sauna, and now everybody's happy. "I didn't have to do it. I'm seniority here. But I said, 'No problem. If that's the only stumbling block to getting her back, so be it!'"

Ridge
Member Avatar

I just wish Ed Scott was re-writing it into something watchable. I can't connect with any of these characters right now.

Ridge
Member Avatar

And.. they are wasting Roscoe Borne to the max.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Aug 3 2008, 04:45 PM
Drakelicious
Well, since we're all guessing as to who the "Diva" is, my guess is Deidre, since she did push Drake out of his dressing room in 1991 when she returned to DAYS, because she wanted a dressing room with a shower in it. Also, isn't she the only actor with special credits in the closing crawl...so she for sure has an ego.

Quote:

What Drake isn't trying to do these days is take a shower in his dressing room anymore—a minor, though newsworthy point. The reason being that along with losing the role of Roman, he also lost the aforementioned dressing room with its resident shower. But having had all that practice as a team player, the actor was more than happy to sacrifice his room for the greater good. In this case, for Deidre Hall. He also had his eye on a better room upstairs—one with a sauna! "When the storyline was first pitched to me by Al Rabin, he brought up the possibility of Wayne and Deidre coming back, and right away, I thought that would be a big coup. Then in the middle of the conversation he goes, 'But on the other hand, we're gonna have a little problem with the dressing rooms!' And I said, 'Let me guess, my dressing room has come into question.' And he said, 'Yeah.'" Drake goes on to explain that he and Deidre Hall are the best of friends. "I knew she always had one of the four rooms that had a shower because she works out and takes a shower as we all do. But also my mind was churning and I said, 'Well, there is a room I had my eye on in the back of Studio Four…'" So she got the shower, he got the sauna, and now everybody's happy. "I didn't have to do it. I'm seniority here. But I said, 'No problem. If that's the only stumbling block to getting her back, so be it!'"
Oh, Gawd. More "nananabooboo". :huh:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I don't think the "diva" (an overused word, imho) is Hall, because I don't think Hall cares that much about her character or the show.

Sweeney, on the other hand, seems more involved with the character, with what fans think of it, and I can see her getting frustrated with what's gone on with Sami over the past few years. The character (and actress) were overexposed and distorted, and the hatred for Sami/Sweeney became pretty intense. I can understand Sweeney wanting to take over and try to undo some of that. Doesn't make her a bad person, imho. Just protective of the investment she's made since coming on the show all those years ago.

Really it doesn't matter to me who it is, though I always enjoy speculation. I'd rather know what the extent of the changes were. Rewriting a scene or two is different than rewriting them all. And the idea that they've shifted a storyline entirely is...it's kind of hard for me to believe, because Higley doesn't really write seem to write stories in the first place. Her stuff is, imho, choppy, and sometimes there's a good couple of bits but overall it's not a cohesive beginning-middle-end kind of thing. So, switching a Sami/EJ scene to a Sami/Lucas one, or inserting one with Sami/Chloe- is it making a meaningful difference?

Wrong is wrong, I guess, but in this case I hope they reveal how far people went, especially with this "overblown diva" thing in the mix.

e83talus
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 3 2008, 06:33 PM
Jiggs
Drakelicious

Quote:

Didn't Days sell Marlena's penthouse set last year when John was bb in a coma and she was no where on screen to be found? Didn't she and John have to make out in the pub, on the beach and in Sami's apartment because Days did not have another set for them?

Yeah, That Deidre has the power to demand set changes! She's so powerful she demanded that they take hers away and not give her a house for 9 months! :wow:

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

e83talus
Aug 3 2008, 07:08 PM

Didn't Days sell Marlena's penthouse set last year when John was bb in a coma and she was no where on screen to be found? Didn't she and John have to make out in the pub, on the beach and in Sami's apartment because Days did not have another set for them?

Yeah, That Deidre has the power to demand set changes! She's so powerful she demanded that they take hers away and not give her a house for 9 months! :wow:
Have to agree with you :smile:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

e83talus
Aug 3 2008, 07:08 PM
ladyofthelake
Aug 3 2008, 06:33 PM
Jiggs
Drakelicious

Quote:

I think this is quickly turning into a Drake versus Dee thread.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I don't see the problem with an actor wanting to re decorate they characters set.

Sissy Spacek says that when she takes on a role she wants to make sure she can decorate things how she thinks the character would decorate because it helps her get into her character more. She decorated and designed the whole kitchen in "In The Bedroom"

Jonatha

This is the latest audition script for Days. Scroll up to the top. Does anyone really think Dee Hall would help write this very boring script for Marlena?

http://s7.zetaboards.com/DaytimeRoyalty/topic/8012888/1/#new

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Amen Jonny!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

The writers have shat on Dee for the last 3-4 years.

It's sad, but Dee just doesn't have the pull that she used too.

There's only one actress on the show that I think would have enough pull to rewrite her storyline and her co-workers, but at the risk of getting ripped a new asshole, I won't say her name :p
Edited by Rick, Aug 3 2008, 07:26 PM.

Jonatha

Rick
Aug 3 2008, 07:23 PM
Amen Jonny!
Yes, I know, I mean goodness gracious a 5th grader could written that script. Sheesh! If that's the work of Ed Scott and his diva, Nelson is right - Days is in trouble. :shame:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

So, what if someone said that either Dee OR Ali did it for good purposes? Would it be so horrible? Now, I believe, both actresses had a reason, but it's been pretty well established in a roundabout way that it was Ali. But, why is it a crime for some to assume it was Dee Hall who did it and not Allison Sweeney? Or Drake or Kristian or Mary Beth Evans or Arianne Zucker? Why does Dee Hall walk on water? Or Allison or Drake or Kristian or..........
Why are we beating a dead horse? Damn.
Oh, well, time for more pain medication.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

ladyofthelake
Aug 3 2008, 07:31 PM

May I have some?

e83talus
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 3 2008, 07:31 PM
So, what if someone said that either Dee OR Ali did it for good purposes? Would it be so horrible? Now, I believe, both actresses had a reason, but it's been pretty well established in a roundabout way that it was Ali. But, why is it a crime for some to assume it was Dee Hall who did it and not Allison Sweeney? Or Drake or Kristian or Mary Beth Evans or Arianne Zucker? Why does Dee Hall walk on water? Or Allison or Drake or Kristian or..........
Its all relative depending upon you fav's.

It doesn't matter though since the show stinks to high hell right now!

Someone should force the pen from Dena's death grip and do something because

the last two months have been pure torture, or so I hear since I have not watched in 2 months!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Well it goes back to interference. Last year I was told things were so bad because of interference. So I guess if that is the case then we have proof again of interference.

I see Higley and Hogan about the same - they are both only as good as the staff who are working with them. With Carolyn Culliton right beside him Hogan soared - with Passanante and Kelly beside him he stunk.

When Carlivati was working with Higley she soared too, but alone she stunk.

Last year the only saving grace Hogan had was the strong team that wrote strong scripts. The scripts were strong - not the stories. Hogan's stories were terrible and were only saved in an inkling by the strong script writers and later by the executiion taht Ed Scott put on them with stronger direction.

And who knows if the "diva" has always interfered maybe the interference was not all Ken Corday maybe it was this diva.

Anyway back to my point - Dena has a terrible writing team around her and she is a writer who needs a strong experienced co-writer and staff - and she doesn't have it. And then all this damn interference and chaos.

To me it sounds like a total mess going on backstage and how in hell can you put out anything good when everybody is trying to run the ship and nobody is swabbing the deck.

deefanUBS

Quote:

But, why is it a crime for some to assume it was Dee Hall who did it and not Allison Sweeney? Or Drake or Kristian or Mary Beth Evans or Arianne Zucker? Why does Dee Hall walk on water? Or Allison or Drake or Kristian or..........

Maybe it was Obama - I recently heard him referred to as a "diva" too Posted Image

Quote:

Great question. All this finger pointing that's been going on for the last week...I don't see that we are in any different of a place than we were a week ago :shrug:

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

On second thought, I believe the diva in question may be Ali. If she did have such pull, she wouldn't have been on the periphery all these months. I refuse to waste brain cells on Days, but Ali's Sami has dominated the show going on years now. It's only recently that she was forced out of the endless triangle and lost her leading men. I'd see why she'd throw a fit.

As for Ed Scott, if the allegations are true, he's got some nerve considering how that hack shoved him out at Y&R.

Anyway, Days needs to get it together. If i were an executive at NBC, I wouldn't renew this show. The writing's on the wall.

Edited by Q Steph, Aug 3 2008, 09:31 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply