Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Coup Behind the Scenes at Days; By Lynda Hirsch
Topic Started: Aug 2 2008, 03:29 PM (5,125 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

The diva in question has to be someone who has suddenly gotten more airtime. IMHO, the "diva" is Lauren Koslow. Kate's been getting into a lot of story lately. The Kate/Daniel affair came straight out of nowhere, Koslow could be responsible for Victor having yet another stroke, so she could get some drama going, same thing with Phillip's shooting. I'm pretty sure it's not Deidre Hall or Ali Sweeney, whom both have storylines with them in them less now, unless Ali's is due to her pregnancy.
Quote Post Goto Top

Ives
Member Avatar

Mulder
Aug 3 2008, 11:20 PM
The diva in question has to be someone who has suddenly gotten more airtime. IMHO, the "diva" is Lauren Koslow. Kate's been getting into a lot of story lately. The Kate/Daniel affair came straight out of nowhere, Koslow could be responsible for Victor having yet another stroke, so she could get some drama going, same thing with Phillip's shooting. I'm pretty sure it's not Deidre Hall or Ali Sweeney, whom both have storylines with them in them less now, unless Ali's is due to her pregnancy.
If what was being done was so scandalous to the WGA, it is interesting that Lauren Koslow was one of the Days actors (along with Stephen and Mary Beth) who went out on the picket line in support of the WGA during the strike. Incidentally, while they were supporting the WGA, Dena Higley was likely disregarding the strike and WGA authority and principles while writing for Days at that time.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ives
Member Avatar

I wonder what the new co-head writer at Days has to say about all of this - along with the rest of the writing staff.

The way the story is being portrayed is that Ed Scott (and maybe this actress) are doing all the work. It takes A LOT of work to pull together the storylines and scripts. Are the rest of the writing staff just sitting around doing nothing? Or is Ed Scott directing them to redo stuff also?

I just find it hard to believe that Ed Scott and a few actors can pull together all of the storyline planning, script writing and dialogue of a multi-person writing staff while still carrying out their other respective duties. IMO, there is definitely more to this story than what has been told so far.

eta: To clarify because it seems like this is a sensitive subject on this board, I am not criticizing or bashing Nelson when I say there is more story to be told. I am simply stating that as a reason why I am not ready to call for any actress or person's firing because I think we only have a small piece of the picture that has been presented to us. And the picture could look a lot different once we see the rest of it.
Edited by Ives, Aug 4 2008, 12:34 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The thing I want to know is the time frame because, if it was only recently, then we may not be seeing the onscreen effects until now. I would really like to know what stories were affected and how severely they were affected. I'm keeping an eye out while watching and the show is improving and it had a very different feel on Friday so I keep wondering if we may be entering the period onscreen where the show began to be affected by all this.

Tricky
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Aug 2 2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks Rick

I never doubted Nelson's story....This new bit of info from another source tells me this story may not be buried afterall. LOL at the set decorating.
hi dragon and i agree i never came down hard on nelson he was only doing his job to report what he found out...looks like he did..

i am with the others that said i dont believe its alison but no matter who it is, i dont care anymore, just on with the show please and WHOEVER has written the scenes for the first two weeks of august, their storylines have my attention and excitement stirred up, give them a raise and the show must go on...this was so exciting at first and still kind of is but i am just ready to forget it all and watch DOOL get better for august.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Aug 4 2008, 12:23 AM
The thing I want to know is the time frame because, if it was only recently, then we may not be seeing the onscreen effects until now. I would really like to know what stories were affected and how severely they were affected. I'm keeping an eye out while watching and the show is improving and it had a very different feel on Friday so I keep wondering if we may be entering the period onscreen where the show began to be affected by all this.

i agree the timeline is the most crucial thing. But I donīt think we wil see the rewrites anytime soon. Itī s more than three months now when Dena wrote on her blog about the story she is just writing for Nick. That story is undoubtedly his relationship with Melanie and we just saw the start. And letīs look how old the casting call for Melanie is yet there are scenes we have yet to see. The HW is usually 3 to 5 months ahead with his storylines and outlines, so whatever crysis the show had in the last few weeks, we will not see it atleast till early fall.

This is the tricky part, because Sheffer was fired and immediatelly after his stories started to improve. The decision to let him go was done in October last year, when the ratings were still terrible, but it improved dramatically from January when ironically he was already gone and Dena worked overtime to quickly resolve all the stories which just proved to be succesfull. Thatīs why Iīm not so hurry into another HW change. Every HW has his own vision and his own couples and characters he wants to write for. And it takes some time for audience to get used to that. I think Iīm slowly accepting the Higleyīs vision, Iīm starting to like some stories and couples and I think the worst thing which could happen is another radicall change.

Oh, and I agree with someone above who said no human is capable enough to rewrite entire show from scratch. Few scenes here and there sure, but entire storylines? Noway. Ed Scott spends most of the time in the studio and the taping is going on almost 24/7. He would have to hire an entire writing team on his own and I seriously doubt they would be doing it for free.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Aug 4 2008, 12:23 AM

Excellent point. It seems that people are aimlessly making speculations about the actress based on what they're seeing NOW. If this is fairly recent, we won't be seeing results for another week or so. This is something that is going to be solved (fully or not) over time.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Rick
Aug 3 2008, 07:46 PM
ladyofthelake
Aug 3 2008, 07:31 PM

Oh, well, time for more pain medication.
May I have some?

LOL. I'll think about sharing. Depends on how much more Drake versus Dee I have to read. :P

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

ladyofthelake
Aug 4 2008, 07:35 AM
Rick
ladyofthelake

May I have some?

LOL. I'll think about sharing. Depends on how much more Drake versus Dee I have to read. :P
If it's much more, you better start handing them out to a bunch of us likes it's trick or treat candy. :P

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Matt
Aug 4 2008, 08:41 AM
ladyofthelake
Rick
ladyofthelake

May I have some?

If it's much more, you better start handing them out to a bunch of us likes it's trick or treat candy. :P
LOL! I don't think the doctor gave me enough. Doggone it, and I don't get any refills, either. :P

daisysmommy

Jiggs
Aug 2 2008, 05:42 PM
I heard it was Alison Sweeney, several days ago. She has been at Days since 1993.
Not to fuel fire, but she is heads and shoulders above the rest re value to NBC-- Biggest Loser is a timeslot winning PRIMETIME show-- if she was gonna go diva, now would be her shot

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

If it is Ali, I do not blame her. Her storyline has been awful lately. I assume whomever has written her the last several months hates both the actress and the character. I do not blame the actress if after months and months of this now, she finally stood up for herself and her character and said "ENOUGH!!"

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Matt
Aug 4 2008, 08:41 AM
ladyofthelake
Rick
ladyofthelake

May I have some?

Amen to that :hail: :laugh: .

Jiggs
Member Avatar

daisysmommy
Aug 4 2008, 10:40 AM
Jiggs
I heard it was Alison Sweeney, several days ago. She has been at Days since 1993.
Not to fuel fire, but she is heads and shoulders above the rest re value to NBC-- Biggest Loser is a timeslot winning PRIMETIME show-- if she was gonna go diva, now would be her shot
Just an anecdote... my brother (and sister in law) love The Biggest Loser. We were talking about it and he asked if I watched it. I said no, but I asked him if he likes the host. He didn't know who I was talking about. I told him "you know, the girl that hosts it? The blonde girl from Days of Our Lives." He said, "oh her, yeah I barely notice her, she's not on that much." I had to laugh.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

I don't think DHer is underused.

Maggie is, but not Marlena.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Aug 4 2008, 05:54 PM
daisysmommy
Aug 4 2008, 10:40 AM
Jiggs
Just an anecdote... my brother (and sister in law) love The Biggest Loser. We were talking about it and he asked if I watched it. I said no, but I asked him if he likes the host. He didn't know who I was talking about. I told him "you know, the girl that hosts it? The blonde girl from Days of Our Lives." He said, "oh her, yeah I barely notice her, she's not on that much." I had to laugh.
But she's on.

I don't watch it but I know she hosts it.

Good for her.

Daytime, primetime, a toddler, husband, one on the way and if rumor is to be believed, she's doing scripts.

Now that's multi-tasking. Not bad for a girl her age.

Mason

Have we learned anything new at all? I haven't had access to my damn internet since Thursday night so I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by all the catching up I have to do now, LoL.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

Jiggs
So was this a reliable source or another poster? It doesn't fit what everyone who knows her person says about her. It fits one other person - and this can't have been going on for a year. It sounds like it's been going on since the strike, since Higley was taken on as head writer. I think saying it is Alison is not fair to her unless you know for sure.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

Mulder
This post makes the most sense of all. To me Lauren and Kristian have the personality for this - and both are getting more airtime now. This is a recent development, not from a year ago.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

CinderAngelkc
Aug 5 2008, 04:49 PM
Mulder
This post makes the most sense of all. To me Lauren and Kristian have the personality for this - and both are getting more airtime now. This is a recent development, not from a year ago.
And what is this "personality"? You're saying Allison doesn't have it, but Lauren and Kristian do? Please elaborate.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply