Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
*RUMOR* New HW for DOOL; Is this true?
Topic Started: Aug 4 2008, 12:29 PM (2,223 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Reliable sources are reporting that General Hospital head writer Robert Guza Jr. will take over the same position at Days Of Our Lives. The vacancy at Days was created when Dena Higley quit the show last week. This move will reunite Guza with NBC as he was previously the head writer of Sunset Beach, expect an official announcement by August 5th. There are also whispers that Maurice Bernard who plays the heavily popular mob boss Sonny Corinthos on General Hospital will make the jump to Days with his head writer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058796/board/thread/113690182
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shylock

From what I gather this board doesn't look favorably on Guza for turning General Hospital into Mob Wars, Mob Wars, And Even More Mob Wars.. so I don't think anyone's going to be happy about this.

Quick poll! Higley versus Guza: Who would you prefer? and why..?

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

At least Higley showcases a variety of characters. Guza revolves the show around three, and whatever shiny newbie is his plaything for the moment. until he gets tired of them and kills them off.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This supposed info is from the IMDB boards which are hardly ever reliable at all, and the person who posted it there didn't mention where they got it from.

Are there rumors that Guza is leaving GH?

Kenny
Member Avatar

The good thing about Guza is that he knows how to write drama and climaxes.

The bad thing about Guza is that he's got a knack for favoring certain characters and shunning others.

I'm honestly not sure what to think about this, if it's true.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Bad career choices .... think about it Days has tanked in the ratings and Days future is uncertain. Unless these two were about to be fired by GH then coming to Days is a stupid move career wise.
Edited by cjknick, Aug 4 2008, 01:08 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Um... IMDB isn't exactly the most reliable of sources -- especially their message boards. I'd take all of this with a grain of salt.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The name of the person that posted that sounds familiar. I am pretty sure he has posted total bullshit casting stuff before, so I don't think this is very reliable.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

I'm not buying this, especially the part about "Sonny" coming to DOOL. :huh1:

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

LMAO! This is a lie of epic proportions, I don't know how anyone could believe this
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Aug 4 2008, 01:23 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Aug 4 2008, 01:12 PM
The name of the person that posted that sounds familiar. I am pretty sure he has posted total bullshit casting stuff before, so I don't think this is very reliable.
Steve Wilder? He was the last recast of Jack Deveraux, LoL. The surfer looking dude. The Ken Doll.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Kenny
Aug 4 2008, 01:24 PM
Angie79
Aug 4 2008, 01:12 PM
Steve Wilder? He was the last recast of Jack Deveraux, LoL. The surfer looking dude. The Ken Doll.
LOL! Rabbit teeth! I didn't even think of that. That isn't why it sounds familiar though.

JustJo
Member Avatar

Sounds like unfounded speculation to me.

kserox10

If he came to DAYS....RIP DAYS.

Guza SUCKS at GH. Look at GH now............

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

The nightmare never ends...........Choose your nightmare. If it's true, then it's a nightmare of a writer lots of people hate. If it's rumor, it's a nightmare of the never ending Days-writer rumors and speculations. (I know I still have some of those pain pills somewhere)

King
Member Avatar

I'm pretty sure this isn't true. LOL.

King
Member Avatar

ABC is very, very, very, very, VERY happy with Guza.

Unless he is leaving GH of his own accord for DAYS, which I don't see.

King
Member Avatar

Terry loves GH by the way, and Guza.

I don't know if this is him. I'm just saying.

aimees76
Member Avatar

There is no way in hell Maurice is leaving GH for Days ...

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I could swear I heard this rumor a while back esp the part about Mo going to Days.

GH couldn't get rid of Guza if they tried. We're stuck with him. :drunk:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply