Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; Week of August 4th - 8th!
Topic Started: Aug 4 2008, 12:31 PM (7,054 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Classic Clip of the Week: Hope opens the puzzle box!

Meanwhile, I'm watching today's episode right now and Kristian's cheeks are so sunken in, I can see her teeth. Not a pretty look. Eat a burger, damn it! With some extra cheese and lots of fattening shit on top.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

This girl with the big red hair (seriously, who the fuck is she?) reminds me alot of Rachel McAdams.

Posted Image

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

That's Max's sister......

Oh and I wish KA would gain a few pounds and keep them too, that bone think look doesn't do much for her at all......

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Love seeing Chelsea being jealous of Nick today! She doesn't want him nor can she handle him having something with someone else even if it is an internet party girl.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Jinxie
Aug 4 2008, 12:39 PM
Love seeing Chelsea being jealous of Nick today! She doesn't want him nor can she handle him having something with someone else even if it is an internet party girl.
I loved that too though I think the jealousy is subtle and more about Nick keeping her out of the loop of his life (not telling her who the girl is online). I'm fairly sure Chelsea believes whoever this girl is, she's unattainable for Nick and no one to really be worried about.

My guess is after they all return, the next time she sees Nick he'll be around Melanie who probably will be flirting with him and Chelsea is not going to like it.

I totally would be on board to see a triangle with Nick in the freaking center for a change.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shylock

I could've swore I heard the reason her cheeks and face is like that is more due to her being (supposedly) a heavy smoker?

And I'm liking Ms. Premier Party Girl, Sister Of Max so far. Along with the little Chelsea/Nick interaction. Funny thing is that they still seem to have a bit of underlying chemistry. I wonder if when she finds out about Doc Dan's fling with her grandma, if she'll hover towards Nick again. I wouldn't mind seeing Bitchy Party Girl versus Bitchy Jealous Chelsea at all. So long as her feelings for Nick are written as more than just being jealous.

Bo/Hope and Phil/Morgan today were pretty good. Although today just seemed like a "calm before the storm" episode, for some reason.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I liked Melanie so far too, though I wish the writing didn't have her fly into an immediate RAGE when Max walked up to take care of the French guy. I don't blame her, it was the writing...we get it. She doesn't trust guys and think they are after only one thing. But then anyone being rude to Max gets points in my book anyway.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

If they are progressing with Date, I see a Chelsea/Nick/Melanie triangle in the works. She's going to be full of envy when Nick starts moving on with a new girl, when she seems them out to dinner at Chez Rouge together, when she sees them hanging out at the Java cafe together, etc.
I'm grateful to TPTB that the last Java sex scene happened off screen.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Aug 4 2008, 12:53 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Awww, damn it. Ava's gone! I'm such a sap for sad endings like that. Placing the letter on the table, walking to the door and turning back to take one last look before closing the door behind her. :(

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

You know in staring at KA, I'm not so sure it's weight loss, these damn tans on the actors cast weird shadows across their face...her coloring looks off to me.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

I agree with whoever said Molly Burnett(Melanie) looks like rachel Mcadams, I thought I was the only one seeing that.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Charmqn
Aug 4 2008, 01:08 PM
I agree with whoever said Molly Burnett(Melanie) looks like rachel Mcadams, I thought I was the only one seeing that.
Definitely! I noticed the resemblance the moment she popped on the screen, LoL. They even have similar mannerisms and acting choices.

Here's a clip to compare, for anyone who's not familiar with McAdams...

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I have been noticing that KA looks really thin lately too. Her face is so gaunt looking. She is so pretty with a bit more weight on (looks great when she is pregnant!).

jane1978

Today was really good. I like Melanie and agree the scene between Nick/Chelsea was not just a coincidence but a definite setup. Dansie are almost over and the focus is clearly on Date, so I think the future is in Nick/Chelsea/Melanie triangle.

Melanie is another good find, we definitely needed some new bad girl after both Chelsea and Stephanie turned into goody goodies. And she seems like a good actress too. Im really looking forward to her scenes with Nicol and Trent, because I definitely think she is their daughter.

I love Phorgan together. Morgan wasnt the best as the crying/upset daughter of missing father, but she is definitely winning me over as the teasing/playfull girlfriend. She might love Phillip, but she is no Chloe and knows her price. I think if Phil believed he will just whisper some nice things to her and get some easy lay, he is in for a surprise.

The ending of Ava was sad and even romantic, but I really liked how they let it go till the last minute. And she admits to John tomorrow she fell in love with him? Oh, oh. Im pretty sure this is not the last time weve seen the character, even if played by a different actress.

Anyway, good show today. And good lead into the storm coming tomorrow.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Totally agree, as I have noticed how bad KA has looked lately. The sunken cheeks give her a snout, and it sucks because Kenny, that clip was awesome! She was so gorgeous...and I loved seeing Alice again. How old was that clip? Because I remember watching it and Bo and Alice looked so young...can't be that long ago! And I loved Billie too! Poor Billie never stood a chance. Great times!

And Melanie reminded me of either Rachel McAdams or Nora Jones. Thanks for the Notebook clip too, Kenny *Ryan Gosling - swoon!*
She is pretty. And I can only hope for a Melanie/Nick/Chelsea triangle...and Melanie wins. Sorry, but it is hard to get behind Nick/Chelsea after how absolutely shitty she has treated him in the past.

I miss Ava already. But I guess that she must go in order to make room for the Pheonix storyline. Maybe we shall see her again when she shows up with Ryan John Black Dimera Jr. right about when John and Marlena are at the altar getting married. Good stuff!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Angie79
Aug 4 2008, 01:17 PM
I have been noticing that KA looks really thin lately too. Her face is so gaunt looking. She is so pretty with a bit more weight on (looks great when she is pregnant!).
My Mom and I are watching now, and she even commented on how bony and thin KA looks. It's not just her face, with that top she's wearing you can see her arms look all bony and thin too. The bronzer and tanner she's sporting are only enhancing the way her face looks, it makes me want to reach through he screen and scrub all that crap off of her face...... :blink:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 4 2008, 01:29 PM
Totally agree, as I have noticed how bad KA has looked lately. The sunken cheeks give her a snout, and it sucks because Kenny, that clip was awesome! She was so gorgeous...and I loved seeing Alice again. How old was that clip? Because I remember watching it and Bo and Alice looked so young...can't be that long ago! And I loved Billie too! Poor Billie never stood a chance. Great times!

And Melanie reminded me of either Rachel McAdams or Nora Jones. Thanks for the Notebook clip too, Kenny *Ryan Gosling - swoon!*
She is pretty. And I can only hope for a Melanie/Nick/Chelsea triangle...and Melanie wins. Sorry, but it is hard to get behind Nick/Chelsea after how absolutely shitty she has treated him in the past.
That clip was 1995-ish. So about thirteen years old.

I totally hear you re: Ryan Gosling! LoL I fell in love with him when I saw The Notebook. I also cried my eyes out like a little bitch through the entire last half of it, LoL. But I digress...

I used to be a Chicklet, but not anymore. Chelsea treated him like shit and that really dampened my love of her. For a while there, I was all about Chelsea and I loved the character and I loved her pairing with Nick, but ever since she got in Daniel's orbit, I just can't stand her. The dynamic between Chelsea/Nick simply hasn't been the same since, and it's sad because they really had potential to be a big thing for the show. Damn the writers -- whoever they are! LoL

Days4Life

Thanks for the Puzzle Box clip, Kenny! I loved that moment; can't believe it's been 13 years.

I agree that today's show felt like a lull before the storm. I loved Tony, Lexie and EJ all meeting up at the hospital, waiting for HIM! I can't wait. All the interactions were good today, and I was happy to see Victor looking so good because I was afraid he might not make it this time.

I agree that KA needs to gain a few pounds. She's been looking very gaunt through her face and you can see every bone and tendon in her neck. I want to send her a pizza and box of chocolates.

I'm sad to see Ava gone. I liked the actress and the character and enjoyed seeing John with someone else for a change. She worked much better with him than with Steve--no chemistry there at all.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Aug 4 2008, 02:20 PM
I agree that today's show felt like a lull before the storm. I loved Tony, Lexie and EJ all meeting up at the hospital, waiting for HIM! I can't wait.
Let's just hope that Stefano's not stuck in a wheelchair this time. He's been in a coma but I hope they don't use it as an excuse for him to mope around and glide around in a wheelchair. He needs to be mad as hell and making people pay. I want to see him strong and in charge for once! And when he makes people pay, I really want him to make them pay. I want his revenge to be memorable -- not watered down. I want it to be something as memorable as Maison Blanche. Something that really makes an impact.

I know, I know... my hopes are far too high.

Days4Life

Kenny
Aug 4 2008, 02:27 PM
Days4Life
Aug 4 2008, 02:20 PM
I agree that today's show felt like a lull before the storm. I loved Tony, Lexie and EJ all meeting up at the hospital, waiting for HIM! I can't wait.
Let's just hope that Stefano's not stuck in a wheelchair this time. He's been in a coma but I hope they don't use it as an excuse for him to mope around and glide around in a wheelchair. He needs to be mad as hell and making people pay. I want to see him strong and in charge for once! And when he makes people pay, I really want him to make them pay. I want his revenge to be memorable -- not watered down. I want it to be something as memorable as Maison Blanche. Something that really makes an impact.

I know, I know... my hopes are far too high.
That's the way I feel. I want the raging, all powerful Stefano back. The kind of Stefano who would kick that wheelchair into a wall. I HATED him in that danged chair!

I don't understand the power DAYS has over me because although this show has kicked me in the teeth, battered and bruised me over and over again, it still has the power to excite me and fill me with optimism. :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply