Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; Week of August 4th - 8th!
Topic Started: Aug 4 2008, 12:31 PM (7,048 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jane1978
Aug 9 2008, 05:04 PM
I finally saw Friday´s show and let me tell you, if Dena is the one who wrote it I really don´t want to see her go. I don´t even remember when we had a show like this where several stories culminated all at once. I enjoyed everything.

First, I´m totally amazed with the actress playing Melanie. She is a newcomer with a zero experience with soaps, yet she is perfectly natural even when they give her some really crazy yet funny lines. She is so lively. Totally character I will hate to love. Now, I´m one of the few here who likes Stax together but I agree the France storylines was very dull so far, because it lacked any conflict. But not anymore. Melanie has turned it into a very enjoyble and funny adventure and I really laughed out loud at poor´s Steph exasperated face when the French guard put her behind the bar. You could see all the actors really enjoyed their scenes yesterday and that´s not always the case.

Now, my sweet spunky Morgan. Her reaction today after Phil did her confession is exactly the reason why I love the character and the actress. She is just not accepting anyone´s BS. And thanks god we finally had some buildup today and it wasn´t done the same abrupt way like her John confrontation. I loved the way they first shown their closeness and next his quilt when Morgan started to reminisce and Phil knew he is partially responsible. And I liked his concern for Bo too. Dena is really doing good work so far keeping Phil strong and tough as his father is, yet not a bad boy.

The church scenes actually came much better than I thought from mags. I ve had feeling they will make look Bo stupid he just confesses for no reason at all, but PR really shown Bo´s inner struggle and why he can´t keep the secret anymore. I´m little scared what Dena has in store for BoPe after the Olympic because noway can Bo stay in force, but the revelation was very effective.

And finally the hospital and poor Marlena. Now, there is a proof Dena was a storyeditor for an entire Reilly´s first run. This was right from his book, from Marlena spending entire episode laying helpless on floor to Stephano each segment repeating the same thing using different lines. But you know, it still felt much better than Stefano dictating his testament and planning his pension plan which is basically what Sheffer did with the character last year. I think this sort of above the reality campiness is what makes the character work. Now, if it turns into evil Andre putting bombs everywhere I will scream but so far I really enjoy his return. This is Stefano people want to see, not dying old man having troubles with his prostate and trying to find wife for his son.

Anyway, good work and I hope it´s a sign of more good things to come. Whoever wrote the last week needs to continue.
I just watched yesterday's episode. I loved that scene and the fact that they didn't write Morgan to fall in a puddle at Philip's feet. THIS is the Morgan I enjoy...not the "wah, wah, where's mah daddy" type.
For the record, I don't like her accent any more than I like Marlena's gasping or Sami's sometimes obnoxious braying that is supposed to represent laughter. But shoot, we gotta overlook this stuff in the grand scheme of things.
I am actually intrigued with the Marlena/Stefano showdown. I enjoy Marlena so much more when she's unconscious. :D No, seriously, if Marlena isn't trying to be saved by John or trying to nose in other people's business when they don't want to talk or is all 'do as I say and not as I do' (as she was with John wanting to kill Stefano), but when she's all kick ass, she's actually pretty good. I want to see some kick ass.

Ohmigosh, I actually enjoyed Stax scenes! This frenemy dynamic between Melanie and Stephanie can be very very good if they don't drop it like a bad habit. Was the bracelet bitch the one who is Dena's daughter? Yikes. Nepotism....what can I say?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I guess I'm the only one, but I love Morgan's southern twang. It helps make her unique as a character. And people do actually talk like that, so it's not like it's over the top or anything.

Shylock

Sariah
Aug 9 2008, 03:42 PM
I don't agree with your statement that everyone blends with everyone else. I don't see any chemistry between Dan and Chelsea or between Stephanie and Max. I also find that some characters and couples have higher amounts of chemistry together than others.

But let's just end this discussion here with this:

I hate Morgan. I would probably dislike her anyways (because I did dislike her back when she was just in the sorority storyline. I thought she was awful to Chelsea and acted like a spoiled brat and the accent bugged even then). I will state, AGAIN, that I am very biased in my opinions against Morgan and I am cognizant of this fact.

It's like everyone keeps trying to make me admit to something that I keep repeatedly admitting to. :)
Chelsea and Daniel do have chemistry, but it's just that no one really likes them as a couple. Age difference or whatever other reason. But that's neither here, nor there since I wasn't talking about couples. I was more talking about the show as a whole. Everyone else blends together and on some level (some more than others) they have chemistry with each other. Even Stephanie has those chemistry qualities with her sorority sisters and her parents. Chloe has no one. Which sucks, because I don't remember her sticking out in a "Why the hell is she here?" manner last time she was on the show.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Shylock
Aug 9 2008, 06:15 PM
Chelsea and Daniel do have chemistry, but it's just that no one really likes them as a couple. Age difference or whatever other reason. But that's neither here, nor there since I wasn't talking about couples. I was more talking about the show as a whole. Everyone else blends together and on some level (some more than others) they have chemistry with each other. Even Stephanie has those chemistry qualities with her sorority sisters and her parents. Chloe has no one. Which sucks, because I don't remember her sticking out in a "Why the hell is she here?" manner last time she was on the show.
I don't see chemistry between them but I'm not trying to suggest others don't, I really do think chemistry is subjective to a person's opinion and other factors really go into making a couple "rootable" or in Chan's case, simply likable.
Edited by Tripp, Aug 9 2008, 06:23 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shylock

Mason
Aug 9 2008, 06:13 PM
I guess I'm the only one, but I love Morgan's southern twang. It helps make her unique as a character. And people do actually talk like that, so it's not like it's over the top or anything.
You're not alone. I enjoy it. It helps set her apart a little and helps get over the whole Southern thing.

pagraves
Member Avatar

I like hearing someone on TV who sounds sort of like I do, myself.
Edited by pagraves, Aug 9 2008, 06:49 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

I can find something annoying about every character on DAYS if i think hard enough even my favorites. In fact I can find something annoying about everyone I know!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cjknick
Aug 9 2008, 07:02 PM
I can find something annoying about every character on DAYS if i think hard enough even my favorites. In fact I can find something annoying about everyone I know!
LOL! I can, too, and find something good about all of them. In all honesty, I can't say there are any i can't fully stand, even the ones I'm the most known for bashing. Every so often, they surprise me!
By the same token, I hate but can admit when I want to kick my favorite's ass. I can still remember being SOOOO disappointed in Hope three years ago when she gave Shawn that damn credit card to go to Germany.....
But ya know, that's just like with people...

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Aug 9 2008, 06:13 PM
I think the thing that bothers me the most is the inconsistency, and then the times when it seems like she overdoes it, then doesn't do it. There are times when she does the nice little drawl thing, and it's kind of cute, but then she loses it altogether, then seems like she overcompensates.
But, then again, I'm bad with regional accents. I wouldn't know a Georgia accent from a Carolina accent to a Floridian accent. :D
I have a tough enough time distiguishing Midwestern accents!

koos

I hated Friday's episode. Max/Steph/Melanie was really insipid and I started FF'ing as soon as the guy at the police station pushed Max and Melanie into a cell. Bo pissed me off with his stupidity (and SHUT UP Caroline, for fuck's sake!); if he had kept his idiot mouth shut, nothing could have ever been proven (until Paul hypothetically reappears). Marlena on the floor groaning was cheesy. I liked the violin-scraping music, though.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Just finished watching this weeks episodes. I almost fell asleep. Even when all my favorites are on I think the show is boring. During the Bope wedding I was only thinking one thing, what's the point? They are only doing these scenes to please the supercouple-fans, in this case the Bope-fans. It took up way to much time, especially all the lame flashbacks.

This week was only okey because of the Kiriakis (Philip, Kate, Victor) and DiMera (Stefano, Lexie,) scenes.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Just a question to those that like to make comments about Kristians weight, did you do the same when Nancy was on the show?

JustJo
Member Avatar

Why would anyone comment that Nancy looked gaunt and hoped she wasn't ill. She looked perfectly fine and healthy.

D-Light
Member Avatar

I can honestly say I enjoyed Friday's episode mainly because of Stehpano, Tony, and EJ. I love that Bo & Hope's 100th lovey-dovey, fairytale wedding was crashed by the reporter. I also was able to enjoy Chelsea trying to stick up for her father. No reception? Awww..... :cheer:

I liked how Stephanie tried to go off on Max's sister and in the end, Melanie skips off on bail leaving Max and Steph behind bars. My favorite part was when "Can you help me find my father" Morgan got her bubble burst when Philip finally admitted he threatened her dear old dad. Her fake accent disappeared as she turned into Gangsta Morgan and started to shove and slap a fresh from the hospital Philip. I wish she didn't run off so fast and stuck around for Kate to get her hands on her. :fight:

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 5 2008, 05:05 PM
The Trent/Nicole stuff was a little eye rolling. Was it me or didn't Kate try to dig up stuff on Nicole when she was marrying Lucas? How come this has totally slipped by anyone who has tried to get stuff on Nicole. I can only hope that EJ finds out that Trent is a lying butthole who got the divorce years ago and is just trying to make Nikki miserable. He is making me miserable.
No but when Victor threw a suprise wedding for Nicole in October 2002 Kate and Sami worked together to stop it. Kate tried to find information about Nicole's past and that's when she saw that Nicole was still married to Lucas. But nothing about Nicole being married to Trent.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

JustJo
Aug 10 2008, 09:47 AM
Why would anyone comment that Nancy looked gaunt and hoped she wasn't ill. She looked perfectly fine and healthy.
No she was fat, but apparently it's more okey to comment on skinny people then fat ones.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Aug 5 2008, 08:59 PM
I may be in the minority here but Melanie has got to go.
I agree.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sindacco
Aug 10 2008, 10:51 AM
JustJo
Aug 10 2008, 09:47 AM
No she was fat, but apparently it's more okey to comment on skinny people then fat ones.
I think there's a difference between being mean-spirited about it and expressing concern. And believe me, I'm sure there are comments about Patrika. There are nasty comments made quite frequently on boards about Kathy Brier. i've only seen one post here which I would consider nasty and making fun of Kristian...well, make that two, because someone thought the first post was funny. I don't think, on the several boards I'm on, I've seen any other mean-spirited comments. OK, i take that back. Prevuze has, and I didn't think it was funny.

The push to be thin has reached epidemic proportions in the United States because of issues like this...that you need to be THIN to make it as an entertainer. The media is throwing this image at little girls. Nasty cusses send people like Allison Sweeney pictures of Miss Piggy when the child was perfectly healthy.

I have heard that Kristian Alfonso was sent to fat farms when she was younger. She was an ice skater. I don't know if that was the connection or not, but it sends the wrong message to young girls, just like young boys feel the need to sneak steroids in order to compete in athletics.

So, why are the posts expressing concern so wrong? I would agree that mocking posts are.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Aug 9 2008, 04:26 PM
Kevc1980
Aug 8 2008, 05:10 PM

The Dimera mansion scenes were great, just for the fact that we are finally seeing Tony, EJ, and Lexie interact as siblings..And i loved the Marlena scene at the end..I was really scared for her..Days is on a roll, lets hope they can keep it up..
Except Tony was on an island for twenty years and only just met them, so I don't get why he would think of them as siblings.
Exactly. That has annoyed me ever since he came back. His whole return was so poorly written. He was on an Island for 20 years but act like nothing has happened. Look at LOST, they have been on that island for a few months and you can see how much it affects those that came back to civilization.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I can't say enough how much I enjoyed both Thursday and Friday, they were just about perfect. Where to begin....

I will start by mentioning Melanie because I thought I would never care to watch any Stax scenes and right away I was interested because of her and her attitude. Someone to put down Stephanie is a winner, plus the actress is pretty good. Though I don't see why Melanie would ever return to the US, as she doesn't seem to care about anyone, so I wonder what will make her come to the US. I can see her and Chelsea butting heads, hopefully Nick will be involved as well.

The casting wonder Marnie is on a roll, the reporter guy was damn good. Outside of that Gladiator extra, the extras have been so much better the last year or so. I think DAYS is lucky to have her as casting director.

I am just glad to see Stefano awake and ready to wreck havoc on Salem again, I can't wait for Monday!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply