Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; Week of August 4th - 8th!
Topic Started: Aug 4 2008, 12:31 PM (7,322 Views)
Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Sindacco
Aug 10 2008, 12:17 PM
Jiggs
Aug 9 2008, 04:26 PM
Kevc1980
Aug 8 2008, 05:10 PM

The Dimera mansion scenes were great, just for the fact that we are finally seeing Tony, EJ, and Lexie interact as siblings..And i loved the Marlena scene at the end..I was really scared for her..Days is on a roll, lets hope they can keep it up..
Except Tony was on an island for twenty years and only just met them, so I don't get why he would think of them as siblings.
Exactly. That has annoyed me ever since he came back. His whole return was so poorly written. He was on an Island for 20 years but act like nothing has happened. Look at LOST, they have been on that island for a few months and you can see how much it affects those that came back to civilization.
Honestly, I just overlook the fact Tony was on an island for 20 years. His return was just so poorly written as you said, you almost have to ignore the fact where Tony has been the last 20 years.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Sindacco
Aug 10 2008, 09:42 AM
Just a question to those that like to make comments about Kristians weight, did you do the same when Nancy was on the show?
Two totally different situations in my opinion.

I have always thought KA was one of the more goregous women on TV, so when I see her looking rail thin it makes me sad to see her look that way.

I personally haven't made a comment about Patrika's weight as I thinks he looks fine the way she is and wish Nancy and Craig were back on DAYS. I miss them!

koos

KA's been this skinny for a while, but I think her makeup job was lousy this week.

cjknick
Member Avatar

My husband walked in while I was watching Days and Bo and Hope's wedding and he made a committ that KA looked sickly and asked if she were sick or something. I personally got that sick once and dropped dangerously low in weight, not an eating disorder I was just unable to maintain weight for some reason the doctors never did figure it out even after a battery of test. Her dress showed so much skin. And her back when you can see the spinal cord that distinctly well she has some issue going on.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kirk
Aug 10 2008, 03:23 PM
Sindacco
Just a question to those that like to make comments about Kristians weight, did you do the same when Nancy was on the show?

I have always thought KA was one of the more goregous women on TV, so when I see her looking rail thin it makes me sad to see her look that way.

I personally haven't made a comment about Patrika's weight as I thinks he looks fine the way she is and wish Nancy and Craig were back on DAYS. I miss them!
ITA. It's like comparing apples and oranges. As long as Patrika's healthy, then I don't think there's anything wrong with the way she looks. But you can't help but be concerned when you can start seeing Kristian's bones practically protruding through her skin. Most (if not all of us) only point it out because we care about her, not to be hateful about it.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Mason
Aug 10 2008, 04:21 PM
Kirk
Sindacco

ITA. It's like comparing apples and oranges. As long as Patrika's healthy, then I don't think there's anything wrong with the way she looks. But you can't help but be concerned when you can start seeing Kristian's bones practically protruding through her skin. Most (if not all of us) only point it out because we care about her, not to be hateful about it.
Exactly, I and many others on here are not hating on KA, but moreso concerned that she is so thin.

I am just waiting for one particular member to go off on all this..... :popcorn:

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 10 2008, 04:21 PM
Kirk
Sindacco

"As long as Patrika's healthy, then I don't think there's anything wrong with the way she looks."

Can't the same be said about Kristian? I mean you don't know if she's sick or healthy, if's she's healthy it should not matter how she looks either.

Mason
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Aug 10 2008, 05:18 PM
"As long as Patrika's healthy, then I don't think there's anything wrong with the way she looks."

Can't the same be said about Kristian? I mean you don't know if she's sick or healthy, if's she's healthy it should not matter how she looks either.
Kristian hasn't always looked so gaunt, though. In this day and age, with Hollywood's obsession with thinness, when someone loses that much weight, it's only natural to be concerned about their weight. Patrika, on the other hand, was always consistent in her weight, so there was nothing different to notice; if she suddenly gained a ton of weight, I guarantee you people would be just as worried about her as they are now about Kristian.

I mean, can you honestly say that Kristian looks healthy? I can't, but God, how I wish I could!
Edited by Mason, Aug 10 2008, 05:58 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Aug 10 2008, 05:56 PM
Sindacco
Aug 10 2008, 05:18 PM

Kristian hasn't always looked so gaunt, though. In this day and age, with Hollywood's obsession with thinness, when someone loses that much weight, it's only natural to be concerned about their weight. Patrika, on the other hand, was always consistent in her weight, so there was nothing different to notice; if she suddenly gained a ton of weight, I guarantee you people would be just as worried about her as they are now about Kristian.

I mean, can you honestly say that Kristian looks healthy? I can't, but God, how I wish I could!
I noticed her back at the wedding, too, and her collar bones. And, it's noticable to a LOT of people. I've seen quite a few comments about it. Like I said, most of them ones of concern. And, when you add the factor of her smoking (if she does still smoke), that can be another sign of a medical problem waiting to happen.
I would venture to say that the character of Hope is loved by a good majority of fans, or at least, tolerated. I would also venture to say that these fans are worried, at least a good number of them.

When you also factor in the fact that she has another job (I guess, maybe two,if you want to look at it that way) with her jewelry line and marketing her clothing line, along with possible poor eating habits, that's a medical condition just waiting to happen. I would LOVE for us to be proven wrong.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Aug 10 2008, 06:11 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm with the others. This is the worst she has ever looked and most are commenting out of concern. As has been mentioned before, her weight fluctuates. She has periods where she seems to put on some weight and looks healthy and then she has periods where people become concerned but this is the worst it's ever been. Before this, I think the worst she ever looked was a few years ago when her mother passed away in real life. She got really thin following that, probably due to the stress. I remember reading somewhere that Peter Reckell was asked about her at an event and he said something like she had alot going on that she had to deal with. Stress can often times be a factor. She works on Days alot, has two kids, her clothing line, and her jewelry line. Then you have to factor in any fan appearances she makes. She has a history of weight fluctuation but when it's the worst most of us have ever seen, it's going to be commented on because we are concerned. Whether or not one likes Hope or even KA, I think it's warranted to be concerned. We are concerned about her health because what we are seeing just doesn't look healthy.

Now, on to Friday's episode, which was great.

I agree with Jane in that the church scenes were much better executed then they sounded. I like that they had everyone doubting the truth and then the reporter laid everything out and then questioned Hope to come forward. You could see Bo's conflict and the guilt building inside. He never wanted to do this. He regretted it immediately after doing it so I can see why he would come out with it. I think a part of him just wants to get it over with because he can't take it anymore. I liked Caroline's reaction too and her questioning Victor and also Mickey stepping up to help Bo. I also enjoyed John lurking in the shadows, watching it all unfold. That can play well into the upcoming Stefano stuff as he will need to find redemption. I also liked that they kept the Chelsea/Daniel stuff out of all this. We only saw Daniel trying to calm Chelsea and he was nonexistent Thursday. The actor playing the reporter was quite good. Marnie Saitta really is very good. I mean, even most of the extras are solid.

Philip/Morgan I really enjoyed. Loved the talk they had about her mother and father and how their marriage fell apart and affected her. I think that was needed to help the audience relate. Renton is really handling the material well. I'm glad Philip came out and told her and the slap scene was very good. Glad this story got movement going into the Olympic stuff since we know it won't see focus for two weeks. Enjoyed Kate and Victor's involvement too. I, too, think Kate got Victor out of the church so he couldn't be questioned. That and it may have been too much for him and I think they wanted to warn Philip. I kind of got chills when Kate told Philip at the end that her and Victor will protect him. I love it when Kate is like that LOL.

The Stefano/Marlena stuff, like Jane mentioned, did feel repetitive in spots but I think that is more buildup then anything. It was creepy hearing Stefano allude to what was going on and then the scene shifting to Marlena, who was struggling to call for help. They have driven the point home that this Stefano is the Stefano of old and not Hogan's so that is a good thing. Can't wait for this story to really amp up Monday. The buildup has set it up nicely.

Last but not least, I adore Melanie. I agree that the actress, who had a few over the top moments to start, is only getting better by the day and she has turned this story into something very entertaining. Darin and her worked great together. The jail scenes were hilarious and her digs at Stephanie are funny as hell. Love that she calls her princess and love how she ended up free and Stephanie and Max ended up being locked up. Again, glad this story got some movement since we won't see it for two weeks.

All in all, the best week Days has had since April easily and hopefully this is the start of something. I feel like after weeks of slow improvement, the show has hit it's stride. I can't wait for the Olympics stories we start getting Monday.

Jamie*C*
Member Avatar

Angie79
Aug 4 2008, 01:17 PM
I have been noticing that KA looks really thin lately too. Her face is so gaunt looking. She is so pretty with a bit more weight on (looks great when she is pregnant!).
It's not just her face. You can see her ribs through her chest! Yikes! She was looking better there for awhile, but then a few weeks back I noticed her losing weight again and this vow renewal s/l came out. I think she has an illness, if you know what I mean. It's possible she knew about the flashbacks and worried about her older appearance. I wish someone would say something to her, she looked thin but healthy in the puzzle box vid. But now she looks like she has an adam's apple because she doesn't have any fat covering her esophagus!!

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I still think that Kristian is a knockout beauty.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Aug 13 2008, 03:27 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

She is beautiful but would be moreso with some weight IMO.

Adore your Nicole & EJ banner by the way!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply