Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; Week of August 4th - 8th!
Topic Started: Aug 4 2008, 12:31 PM (7,193 Views)
cjknick
Member Avatar

I like this new character Melanie - Days needs a "bad" girl and if she turns out to be Nicole's daughter I think they have a winner here!

Good to see Nick again on the screen and Tony and Lexie too.

Kate and Victor bore me!

Blooper .... EJ sporting stubble when he was in the scene with Ava .... Clean shaven EJ shows up later at the hospital (wearing same suit and tie0 so it is the same day!

John and Ava sceen really was such an odd little scene - no be exit for AVA!
Edited by cjknick, Aug 4 2008, 03:46 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 4 2008, 12:58 PM
Awww, damn it. Ava's gone! I'm such a sap for sad endings like that. Placing the letter on the table, walking to the door and turning back to take one last look before closing the door behind her. :(
It was very cliche.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Aug 4 2008, 03:49 PM
It was very cliche.
LoL, somehow I didn't think you'd like it. :P

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

cjknick
Aug 4 2008, 03:33 PM
I like this new character Melanie - Days needs a "bad" girl and if she turns out to be Nicole's daughter I think they have a winner here!

Good to see Nick again on the screen and Tony and Lexie too.

Kate and Victor bore me!

Blooper .... EJ sporting stubble when he was in the scene with Ava .... Clean shaven EJ shows up later at the hospital (wearing same suit and tie0 so it is the same day!

John and Ava sceen really was such an odd little scene - no be exit for AVA!
Yes, that was strange, I thought what the hell, did he shave in the car?
Edited by DolceDiMera, Aug 4 2008, 03:58 PM.

Shylock

I really hope they DON'T make her Nicole's daughter. That would just be.. not right. Firstly, Nicole's what? Early to mid 30's? She's way too young to have a daughter that seems to be nearing 20. And I don't think they're playing it out with Nicole winding up being the girl's mother. There's been NOTHING to point that way, aside from the baseless assumption of fans.

Connecting those stories like that would just be hokey and contrived. Am I the only one that feels this way? It's just way too predictable. There needs to be something more to this and her winding up being Nicole's daughter would be stupid. Trent already is a pretty shady guy, so having a daughter that's a bad girl isn't so far out of the realm of possibility. No need to add Nicole to that mix.

Onto something else: Also am I the only one that would like them to bring back Ashley Benson as Abby and start pairing her back up with Max? I was just watching a few clips of them on Youtube and they were really cute together and had that playful chemistry together that Max and Steph are completely devoid of.

jane1978

cjknick
This is actually very interesting, because the show used the rule one show/one taping day for a long time. I even remember during Langan, who loved to repeat the exact same scene at the beginning of next show again, the scene was actually little different because it was taped again, even with the same script.

But now it seems they changed that and scenes from different shows/same place are taped together and next edited. You can see the rhytm is different, we have characters who appear for only a scene or two and next disappear again, and the continuity sometime lacks. On the other side, we can have much more sets per day this way than the budget would normally allow. And I´m really amazed lately how much the show jumps from place to place. Just today, we´ve had the whole huge France Restaurant set (which I think is actually remodeled Java Cafe), the real Java Café, we´ve had Brady´s kitchen/living room, DiMansion mainroom and the hospital. I wonder if this is the way Ed Scott will now produce the show.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Shylock
Aug 4 2008, 04:02 PM
Onto something else: Also am I the only one that would like them to bring back Ashley Benson as Abby and start pairing her back up with Max? I was just watching a few clips of them on Youtube and they were really cute together and had that playful chemistry together that Max and Steph are completely devoid of.
Speaking of Benson, I saw a clip of her yesterday in some movie trailer about cheerleaders or something, and her character looks like a MAJOR bitch, LoL.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 4 2008, 03:55 PM
Jiggs
Aug 4 2008, 03:49 PM
It was very cliche.
LoL, somehow I didn't think you'd like it. :P
It wasn't a matter of liking it or not. Just thought it was cliche. I won't miss the character, but I didn't hate her. I didn't feel much of anything about her. She was just kind of there and all over the place, with changing motivations depending on the newest plot Higley was working. Much like all of her stories.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Aug 4 2008, 03:20 PM
I don't understand the power DAYS has over me because although this show has kicked me in the teeth, battered and bruised me over and over again, it still has the power to excite me and fill me with optimism. :D
Totally agree.

I forgot to add that when I saw EJ, Tony and Lexie getting nervous about Stefano, I sat on the edge of my seat...so much so that I didn't even notice the missing stubble! I anticipate his return, much more this time around. That danged chair did inhibit him so much last time, so this time, I am hoping that my Steffie is pissed and will make those who crossed him PAY.

After Marlena, I hope he goes after Tony, EJ and Lexie! Those three would rock any kind of crazy story that Stefano would cook up to destroy them...although I am still wondering why Tony will side with Stefano over the Brady's, and why EJ will stick with John.

This is so exciting!

Jiggs
Member Avatar

jane1978
Aug 4 2008, 04:04 PM
cjknick
This is actually very interesting, because the show used the rule one show/one taping day for a long time. I even remember during Langan, who loved to repeat the exact same scene at the beginning of next show again, the scene was actually little different because it was taped again, even with the same script.

But now it seems they changed that and scenes from different shows/same place are taped together and next edited. You can see the rhytm is different, we have characters who appear for only a scene or two and next disappear again, and the continuity sometime lacks. On the other side, we can have much more sets per day this way than the budget would normally allow. And I´m really amazed lately how much the show jumps from place to place. Just today, we´ve had the whole huge France Restaurant set (which I think is actually remodeled Java Cafe), the real Java Café, we´ve had Brady´s kitchen/living room, DiMansion mainroom and the hospital. I wonder if this is the way Ed Scott will now produce the show.
I've been noticing the strange editing lately. I don't like it. Usually you could count on them playing about three different scenes/sets/actors per segment, but now they seem to go back and forth between scenes in no apparent order. Like the other day they would show Marlena at the java cafe with EJ then it would switch to France (I think), then back to Java cafe, then back to France, all in one segment. Kind of jarring and weird.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I'm going to miss Ava. :( I caught the last 5 mins of today's show.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I ended up liking the Ava character. She was good with Nicole and John. I am not that bothered that she is gone though.

Shylock

This Theo stuff comes off as unintentionally hilarious rather than anything.. compelling or sad. I think they made a bad call going with the autism storyline. "What do you think about that, Theo?" "........" Eh.

I think they should have given him some profanity-laden condition instead. I can see it now! "What do you think of getting to know Chelsea, Theo?" "Fuck you, mom!" Or maybe Tourette's. Just so that he would randomly scream out "CUNT" or "BITCH" while Chelsea's talking to him.
Edited by Shylock, Aug 4 2008, 04:31 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Shylock
Aug 4 2008, 04:30 PM
This Theo stuff comes off as unintentionally hilarious rather than anything.. compelling or sad. I think they made a bad call going with the autism storyline. "What do you think about that, Theo?" "........" Eh.

I think they should have given him some profanity-laden condition instead. I can see it now! "What do you think of getting to know Chelsea, Theo?" "Fuck you, mom!" Or maybe Tourette's. Just so that he would randomly scream out "CUNT" or "BITCH" while Chelsea's talking to him.
Uh, THAT would cause tongues to wag!!! LOL. There's only so much they can make that poor little actor do.That being said, who the hell is Chelsea? Does this chick have a set personality anymore? Somehow, the whole OT assistant isn't working for me. I dunno. I did half expect him to throw a tantrum (not unexpected in autistic kids, especially if their routine is thrown). There was a huge disservice done to the whole idea of an autistic child storyline. Very sad. They make a big deal out of it, and it hangs there. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Today wasn't bad. I will miss Ava. I liked her departing scene and the direction and editing. I do hope she comes back.

TONY SIGHTING!!!

Eh, maybe Phorgan will grow on me. I should be more excited about a coupling for Mr. Handsome, though!

This Melanie is intriguing. NICK SIGHTING!! I'd love to see Melanie and Nick together. Screw Chelsea. I loved how Nick pretty well shrugged her off and let her know his life is HIS to lead.

Jawn, I love you. But the Beeker hair has got to go.

I love the dynamic between Victor and Kate. I just do. He always has this look of exasperated affection for her.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Shylock
You are definitely not the only one. I have been calling for Abby's return since Benson left last year. Hell, I'd take any blonde as Abby, just bring her back. But I would prefer if they could get Benson back. She needs to swallow that damn pride of hers and come back to daytime where she truly had a future. People were naming her the next Melissa Reeves at the tender age of 14. End the lifetime and direct to DVD movies, Ashley and get your ass home to Salem! Push your cousin away from her uncle and take back your man!

Shylock

DrewHamilton
Aug 4 2008, 04:56 PM
Shylock
You are definitely not the only one. I have been calling for Abby's return since Benson left last year. Hell, I'd take any blonde as Abby, just bring her back. But I would prefer if they could get Benson back. She needs to swallow that damn pride of hers and come back to daytime where she truly had a future. People were naming her the next Melissa Reeves at the tender age of 14. End the lifetime and direct to DVD movies, Ashley and get your ass home to Salem! Push your cousin away from her uncle and take back your man!
She definitely gave off young Melissa Reeves vibes. And she actually looked like she could be her daughter as well, which gets points with me (which is why I prefer Jason Cook over Brandon Beemer by a landslide, even before getting into that Jason's a better actor).

I was thinking Emily Montague (the temp recast they did) would be good in that role, but upon rewatching her scenes.. she.. well. Ashley had the Horton attitude, but she also had this innocent vulnerability to her that Emily didn't have.
Edited by Shylock, Aug 4 2008, 05:19 PM.

Days4Life

ladyofthelake
Aug 4 2008, 04:46 PM
Uh, THAT would cause tongues to wag!!! LOL. There's only so much they can make that poor little actor do.That being said, who the hell is Chelsea? Does this chick have a set personality anymore? Somehow, the whole OT assistant isn't working for me. I dunno. I did half expect him to throw a tantrum (not unexpected in autistic kids, especially if their routine is thrown). There was a huge disservice done to the whole idea of an autistic child storyline. Very sad. They make a big deal out of it, and it hangs there. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I was expecting a little freak out tantrum from Theo, too. Especially with all the touching. I have a friend who works with autistic kids, and he said that changes in routine and environment are difficult for them to handle, as well as touching. I realize that is a general statement, not all kids are the same, but you'd think they would explore some of the real problems that families have to cope with in their day to day life. If you're going to tackle a subject like this, you really should go all the way with it, otherwise it's just boring filler.

Pearly
Member Avatar

:lol: Kenny, my sister in law and I watch DAYS together and you have just said VERBATIM what we always say when KA is on TV. Great minds....

By the way, great clip! :applause:
Edited by Pearly, Aug 4 2008, 05:46 PM.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 4 2008, 02:27 PM
I want his revenge to be memorable -- not watered down. I want it to be something as memorable as Maison Blanche. Something that really makes an impact.

Ooooh! Kenny would you put a clip for next week's discussion about the Maison Blanche s/l....please, please, please with whipped cream and a cherry on top. :tounge:

Alligato
Member Avatar

Tripp - when I was watching today, I thought of you. Nick looked mighty good watching his little web video of Melanie. I never counted Nick as one of the "hot" ones, but today's show reminded me that he is one good looking man. I think I just hated him next to Chelsea...who just used him like a ratty old tissue.

I did want to mention that I thought Melanie looked like a red head Chelsea at first. Then after watching, I found that she kept baring her teeth, clenching them like a rabid dog, in her scenes with Max. I hope that is just a first impression thing because it got really annoying. Maybe I am being too picky. Did anyone else notice that?
She seems to me to be a pain in the ass, obnoxious character who I will love to hate. We haven't had one of those in a while, especially since Sami turned wimpy.

I think I will be loving Melanie and Nick! Here's to hoping for a good story!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply