Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; Week of August 4th - 8th!
Topic Started: Aug 4 2008, 12:31 PM (7,257 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Aug 4 2008, 06:45 PM
Tripp - when I was watching today, I thought of you. Nick looked mighty good watching his little web video of Melanie. I never counted Nick as one of the "hot" ones, but today's show reminded me that he is one good looking man. I think I just hated him next to Chelsea...who just used him like a ratty old tissue.

I did want to mention that I thought Melanie looked like a red head Chelsea at first. Then after watching, I found that she kept baring her teeth, clenching them like a rabid dog, in her scenes with Max. I hope that is just a first impression thing because it got really annoying. Maybe I am being too picky. Did anyone else notice that?
She seems to me to be a pain in the ass, obnoxious character who I will love to hate. We haven't had one of those in a while, especially since Sami turned wimpy.

I think I will be loving Melanie and Nick! Here's to hoping for a good story!
You thought of me? And it was a good thought? *relieved*

Anyway, Blake did look really good today and they managed not to overpoof his hair. Probably why Chelsea had to stop by and say hello, he looked too good not to.

I think they Melanie yell too much towards the end, but maybe it was to remind us she was Max's sister who spent a lot of time yelling lately. I've seen tomorrow's show already and she certainly is going to be a handful. I really have high expectations for this story that (no doubt) she is going to try to use Nick and ultimately fall for him...I just hope a) there is no insta-love and b) Nick and Melanie are not just limited to scenes with each other and Stax.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 4 2008, 01:14 PM
Charmqn
Aug 4 2008, 01:08 PM
I agree with whoever said Molly Burnett(Melanie) looks like rachel Mcadams, I thought I was the only one seeing that.
Definitely! I noticed the resemblance the moment she popped on the screen, LoL. They even have similar mannerisms and acting choices.

Here's a clip to compare, for anyone who's not familiar with McAdams...

Greatest Movie EVER!

She kinda reminds me of Ari Zucker.

Kenny
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Aug 4 2008, 07:02 PM
Greatest Movie EVER!
I know, right? If only soaps knew how to tell stories like that nowadays. I hate watching that movie almost as much as I love watching it just because it makes me feel so fucking sad and depressed when it's over, LoL.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 4 2008, 07:26 PM
SpriteEyes
Aug 4 2008, 07:02 PM
Greatest Movie EVER!
I know, right? If only soaps knew how to tell stories like that nowadays. I hate watching that movie almost as much as I love watching it just because it makes me feel so fucking sad and depressed when it's over, LoL.
Bittersweet.

I loved how the writers didn't throw the fiancee' under the bus before she could choose whom she wanted.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 4 2008, 12:31 PM
Classic Clip of the Week: Hope opens the puzzle box!

Meanwhile, I'm watching today's episode right now and Kristian's cheeks are so sunken in, I can see her teeth. Not a pretty look. Eat a burger, damn it! With some extra cheese and lots of fattening shit on top.
:applause: Like Hattie said to Hope - "Go eat a burrito!"

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Aug 4 2008, 12:58 PM
Awww, damn it. Ava's gone! I'm such a sap for sad endings like that. Placing the letter on the table, walking to the door and turning back to take one last look before closing the door behind her. :(
Wasn't that a gorgeous scene?

I loved it. The slow motion really helped too and loved that she said everything with the way she just looked back. No words were needed. That and the scene before it where Ava told John how special he is to her. I actually teared up, which says alot about Tamara. She made this work. She took what could've been a horrible character and still made me care. I also liked that they used that emotional theme music (I think it's the Santeen theme without the flutes). That shit hits me all the time. I thought both Drake and Tamara played that scene well. Also liked the scenes with EJ. I really hope Tamara returns. I think the character of Ava has loads of potential.

I am in love with Melanie. The actress seems good and I just like having a red head around LOL. She does have a Rachel McAdams look to her. Loved her scenes with Max and him coming to her rescue. That was a good ending scene with them. She seems like a spitfire and Days could use a young vixen. I can totally buy her as possibly being Nicole's daughter. Also, something that interested me was her exchange with her friend, who was complaining about a guy named Gabe. When I saw that, I immediately thought of the dynamic between Fancy and Esme on Passions LOL. Don't ask why but that girl came off like Esme used to when talking to Fancy about her guy problems. I can also see her with Nick. I think they would have good chemistry. I did like how Chelsea seemed jealous and Nick kind of played mind games with her. Those were good scenes. I like that it seems like Chelsea could be moving back into Nick's orbit. The tide seems to be turning and I would be down for a Chelsea/Nick/Melanie story.

Lexie/Theo was ok. I do like Chelsea working at the hospital in the child development center but they need to do more with this Theo thing then just have him count or whatever. It was also nice seeing Tony make an appearance to build up to the big return tomorrow. The minute he showed and told Lexie, I got chills. Like others said, you had the sense this was a calm before the storm and that moment when Tony told Lexie about Stefano, you just had this feeling of big trouble coming. It was nice seeing EJ, Lexie, and Tony together. Can't wait for this to get going.

I just love Kate and Victor in scenes so I loved them today. I love that they are working together and Victor noticed Kate's fondness of Daniel. Glad to see Victor much better. It seems like he may be gearing up to take on a more active role. I hope so. I've been loving seeing him as a catalyst in this story with Bo and Philip. I also liked the little greeting and interaction with Kate and Tony. Although brief, I love little things like that.

Philip/Morgan, who I already liked, are just reaching a new level for me. I love this playful dynamic between them. I just adore them together. I also loved the Bo and Hope scenes and how it picked up with the tension between Bo and Hope. It was nice seeing some follow through as alot of times in the past few months Days drops things and screws up momentum, especially when the show changes to a new day. It didn't with the Bo and Hope stuff and I'm glad. Wonderful scenes and cute stuff with Ciara noting the tension. I just love how they came together at the end too. Good conflict for them, which is why I like this story. KA does look bad though. Watching that clip Kenny posted and seeing her today...wow. She's in one of those gaunt periods right now it seems.

Good start to the week. Can't wait for the Phoenix to rise tomorrow. :biggrin: .

On another note, Kenny that clip you posted is one of my favorite Days moments. Even though JER completely made up the whole puzzle box thing, it made for some good drama and that moment was such a beautiful moment. I remember crying during that. KA and PR looked so young. I still remember being happy for Bo and Hope but feeling sorry for Billie too. That showed what a good story that was.

I forget who it was but someone mentioned bringing back Abby. I wish they would but I don't even think they need to just to give Max a new love interest, especially since the whole Brady/Horton union thing has been done ad nauseum. They could just put him with Morgan like they should've last Fall. They could always still do it. Just have her and Philip break up and him and Stephanie break up and they comfort each other and things happen from there. There are major benefits to bringing Abby though as the show needs more Horton's, especially a young Horton heroine.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 5 2008, 12:28 AM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Todays show was a good monday episode..I'm really enjoying how this conflict is affecting Bo and Hope..Also it was nice seeing Victor and Kate sharing scenes again...So glad both of them are finally being used again....Also i really like Melanie and the actress is doing a great job for her first couple episodes..also i've been enjoying Max more recently...And so happy to see Nick getting a story...Its about time...And today was one of the first days i've enjoyed Chelsea in a long time..She works so much better with the actors in her age range, as opposed to Dr. Dan....

I'm a little bummed that we've lost Tamara, but i don't know if i'll miss Ava much...I think Stefano will fill that void very nicely...The scenes with Lexie, Tony, and Ej were great set-up for his return...Can't wait to for tomorrow...It seems like with tomorrows show, the show should finally kick into gear..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I should add that what I really liked about today was that we had so many characters on. Up until May (which means they probably took a break from it to save money or something), this was the norm under Higley. Characters would appear and we would get several sets throughout the episode. Things seem to be popping again. I think someone mentioned it in this thread or another thread I like it. I like the way some acts start off say in the Java cafe and then we get something else and then we return to the Java cafe. I think it helps Days be able to use more sets too so whatever works. I feel it makes the show more exciting because your not stuck in the same old set for the whole episode, especially if not much is happening in the scene.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 5 2008, 01:19 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 5 2008, 01:18 AM
I should add that what I really liked about today was that we had so many characters on. Up until May (which means they probably took a break from it to save money or something), this was the norm under Higley. Characters would appear and we would get several sets throughout the episode. Things seem to be popping again. I think someone mentioned it in this thread or another thread I like it. I like the way some acts start off say in the Java cafe and then we get something else and then we return to the Java cafe. I think it helps Days be able to use more sets too so whatever works. I feel it makes the show more exciting because your not stuck in the same old set for the whole episode, especially if not much is happening in the scene.
I think today's episode was taped on two different days, so that's the likely reason.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Aug 5 2008, 01:23 AM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 5 2008, 01:18 AM
I think today's episode was taped on two different days, so that's the likely reason.
Could be. That's odd though.

I know someone already noted how JS had not shaved earlier in the episode and had shaved in the hospital scenes. I did notice last week a few times the same thing happened only we didn't have as many characters. There was a bit more set usage, much in the way we saw today.

Well, whatever the case, I like it LOL.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 4 2008, 06:45 PM
Tripp - when I was watching today, I thought of you. Nick looked mighty good watching his little web video of Melanie. I never counted Nick as one of the "hot" ones, but today's show reminded me that he is one good looking man. I think I just hated him next to Chelsea...who just used him like a ratty old tissue.

I did want to mention that I thought Melanie looked like a red head Chelsea at first. Then after watching, I found that she kept baring her teeth, clenching them like a rabid dog, in her scenes with Max. I hope that is just a first impression thing because it got really annoying. Maybe I am being too picky. Did anyone else notice that?
She seems to me to be a pain in the ass, obnoxious character who I will love to hate. We haven't had one of those in a while, especially since Sami turned wimpy.

I think I will be loving Melanie and Nick! Here's to hoping for a good story!
Hi Alligato :wave: No you aren't the only one who noticed Melanie clenching her teeth. It annoyed me too. Hopefully it isn't a trait that doesn't go away. I guess I am picky too, although she seems like a competent actress.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Very sad to see Ava go. I quite enjoyed the character of Ava and really enjoyed Tamara. It just sucks they used Ava as third wheel to both Steve/Kayla and John/Marlena.

I'm still meh with Melanie. She'll have to grow on me some more before I decide if I really like her. If she can be a bitch to Stephanie then I'll grow to love the little bitch.

The scene with EJ/Tony/Lexie at the hospital was great. I'm more looking forward to how Stefano deals with his children then his revenge on John/Marlena. EJ/Tony/Lexie's betrayl was far worse then Marlena's.

Hopefully, DAYS can keep it up because for the first time in a few months I quite enjoyed the show.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

darraholic
Aug 5 2008, 11:51 AM

I'm still meh with Melanie. She'll have to grow on me some more before I decide if I really like her. If she can be a bitch to Stephanie then I'll grow to love the little bitch.
Then you should love her today. She totally pisses all over Stephanie. I'm a stephanie fan and I enjoyed it.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Tripp
Aug 5 2008, 12:06 PM
darraholic
Aug 5 2008, 11:51 AM

Then you should love her today. She totally pisses all over Stephanie. I'm a stephanie fan and I enjoyed it.
Yeah, I already watched. I loved her little glares at Stephanie.

Kenny
Member Avatar

God, what the hell is wrong with Drake's hair? He looks like he has a giant spaceship of hair hovering over his forehead and it's not a good look at all.

Shylock

The whole James Scott thing, with EJ being stubbly, then shaven. There was a bit of a period of time between him at the DiMera mansion and him at the hospital. It's completely possible that EJ took a quick shave before he left and just headed off when he got the call from Tony or whoever. So I think it's slightly nitpicky to focus on that, when it can be explained with "Dude took a shave before he jetted off to the hospital."

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Shylock
Aug 5 2008, 12:45 PM
The whole James Scott thing, with EJ being stubbly, then shaven. There was a bit of a period of time between him at the DiMera mansion and him at the hospital. It's completely possible that EJ took a quick shave before he left and just headed off when he got the call from Tony or whoever. So I think it's slightly nitpicky to focus on that, when it can be explained with "Dude took a shave before he jetted off to the hospital."
Oh, I agree.

I think everyone knows that. The only reason it was brought up was because it came up when we were all discussing the editing and sets and whether the episode was shot on different days.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The DiMera's have all that money and Steffy was in a STATE hospital? ^o)

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Melanie snarking on Stephanie/Max= great! keep that coming.

peaches179

Rhiannon
Aug 5 2008, 01:06 PM
The DiMera's have all that money and Steffy was in a STATE hospital? ^o)

LOL! That's what I was wondering.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply