Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nelson Ratings; Melissa Fumero returns to OLTL
Topic Started: Aug 4 2008, 04:03 PM (2,250 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Nelson+Ratings+August+4+2008/Soaps/Nelson_Ratings/Articles/080804_ratings_nelson.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ahh, thanks for posting!

soapfan
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Thanks Nelson!

Its a shame Passions didn't make the list... especially since this is the final week. :(

You should tape the reruns for me since you live in Canada. lol

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

3. Wednesday: Today, B&B’s Storm issues a shocking forecast to his sis, Katie: “Sorry, Nick’s not the father of her demon child; I am! Now start packing; we’re moving to Harmony.”

:laugh:

aimees76
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting :)

Shylock

Quote:

Top 3 Duos to Avoid Like The Plague:
1. Nick and Katie, B&B
2. Meg and Paul, ATWT
3. Philip and Morgan, Days

Thumbs WAY down on that call.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great edition, Nelson!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Shylock
Aug 4 2008, 04:26 PM
Quote:

1. Nick and Katie, B&B
2. Meg and Paul, ATWT

I second that, Shylock!
Now that Morgan quit the snivelling, I am enjoying the heck out of the flirtation between Phillip and Morgan.

This is just my opinion, but I sense a bit of bad karma between this article and Days. Aside of a bit of praise for a publicist (??) there wasn't much other than a "couple to avoid" mention. From the spoilers we got coming up, Days has something potentially very interesting (film noir) not to mention the return of a big name with a vengance. Maybe we'll read about it next week.

Lots of praise for the actors and storylines of other soaps though...although maybe I am just thrown off because I read something positive about Hogan. That was a first for me!

Jonatha

Alligato
Aug 4 2008, 04:54 PM
Shylock
Quote:

1. Nick and Katie, B&B
2. Meg and Paul, ATWT

I second that, Shylock!
Now that Morgan quit the snivelling, I am enjoying the heck out of the flirtation between Phillip and Morgan.

This is just my opinion, but I sense a bit of bad karma between this article and Days. Aside of a bit of praise for a publicist (??) there wasn't much other than a "couple to avoid" mention. From the spoilers we got coming up, Days has something potentially very interesting (film noir) not to mention the return of a big name with a vengance. Maybe we'll read about it next week.

Lots of praise for the actors and storylines of other soaps though...although maybe I am just thrown off because I read something positive about Hogan. That was a first for me!
Daniel 'Oh my' Goddard, indeed. Great read as usual. Thanks for posting, Nelson.

jane1978

Alligato
Shylock
Quote:

1. Nick and Katie, B&B
2. Meg and Paul, ATWT

I second that, Shylock!
ITA! Phorgan are amazing and I love the playfullness and slow pace of their relationship.

I also think it´s weird nor Stefano´s return, or Bo/Hope´s ON LOCATION vow renewal is not mentioned. I mean, even Toups from SON said tomorrows show is pretty good and he looks forward to watch DAYS again and he is like Dena Higley hater Nr.1. There should be atleast something.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Shylock
Quote:

1. Nick and Katie, B&B
2. Meg and Paul, ATWT

I second that, Shylock!

Very good observation, Alligato!! I agree. It is strange.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Quote:

The lead diva race just got started, bitches! Yikes — I would not want to be judging this category! It’s going to be a battle royale if these following thespians are nominated:
Debbi Morgan (Angie, All My Children)
Kim Zimmer (Reva, Guiding Light)
Erika Slezak (Viki, OLTL)
Robin Strasser (Dorian, OLTL)
Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki, The Young and the Restless)

Wild Card: Although Ellen Dolan (Margo, ATWT) could get away with submitting herself in the lead actress category, she’ll probably enter the supporting actress contest. Only one thing is for sure: this is going to be a tough race!

My fear is that even though I hear these are the ones taht should be nominated that the majority of them probably won't be nominated. The last few years the ones you think are shoe-ins don't make it.

King
Member Avatar

I haven't liked ANYTHING with Philip this run. I can't believe I'm saying this but JKJ has me hoping for Kyle Brandt! YIKES.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Cruz & Eden *swoon*

My all-time favorite soap opera love story.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

1. Nick and Katie, B&B
2. Meg and Paul, ATWT

:rockon: Great assessment by Nelson, especially with Peg and Phorgan. These awful, awful couples remind me a lot of each other, both consist of saccharine female twits who bring down the guy I like (I love Philip and can tolerate Paul when he's not with Meg), and most importantly both couples have zilch chemistry.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Steve Frame
Aug 4 2008, 05:45 PM
Quote:

The lead diva race just got started, bitches! Yikes — I would not want to be judging this category! It’s going to be a battle royale if these following thespians are nominated:
Debbi Morgan (Angie, All My Children)
Kim Zimmer (Reva, Guiding Light)
Erika Slezak (Viki, OLTL)
Robin Strasser (Dorian, OLTL)
Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki, The Young and the Restless)

Wild Card: Although Ellen Dolan (Margo, ATWT) could get away with submitting herself in the lead actress category, she’ll probably enter the supporting actress contest. Only one thing is for sure: this is going to be a tough race!

My fear is that even though I hear these are the ones taht should be nominated that the majority of them probably won't be nominated. The last few years the ones you think are shoe-ins don't make it.
Unpopular opinion but I've never been impressed with MTS. I think she over acts.

Kenny
Member Avatar

King
Aug 4 2008, 05:50 PM
I haven't liked ANYTHING with Philip this run. I can't believe I'm saying this but JKJ has me hoping for Kyle Brandt! YIKES.
I thought I was the only one!

I've never liked Jay Johnson, from the first day he started in December of 1999. (God, it's been almost ten years...)

I don't think he's cute, he's an overrated actor and I hate the way he screams like a little boy when he tries to be "menacing." Phillip is a bore and I'm not the least bit interested in his dock wars story, his feud with John and Paul or his fuck-fests with Chloe and Morgan. ZZZZ. Time to give this character a rest!

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I wish that Melissa would just come back to OLTL full time, I miss Adriana. She still had a lot of storyline potential left. Also, Rex and Adriana were an amazing couple, Rex and Gigi haven't produced a tenth of what Rexiana produced chemistry wise. I also would've liked to see Adriana and Brody come together as a black sheep type of couple, two scorned lovers on the rebound finding unexpected true love with each other :)

Scott
Member Avatar

Another great article dude!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply