Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nelson Ratings; Melissa Fumero returns to OLTL
Topic Started: Aug 4 2008, 04:03 PM (2,120 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

2. Tuesday: GL’s future Emmy winner Montel Williams (Clayton) tells his on-screen son, Lawrence St. Victor (Remy): “Child, you need an acting class! I’m a trashy talk show host and yet, I’m stealing all of your scenes.” St. Victor responds: “That’s nothing to boast about on this show…”

Now that's funny! :laugh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Shylock
Aug 4 2008, 04:26 PM
Quote:

Top 3 Duos to Avoid Like The Plague:
1. Nick and Katie, B&B
2. Meg and Paul, ATWT
3. Philip and Morgan, Days

Thumbs WAY down on that call.
Pshaw - thumbs WAY the hell UP on that one, Nelson! Glad it's not just me that finds them annoying and wastes of space, with zero chemistry.

I can only hope that they'll be over when the summer's over so that JKJ's not wasted on Morgan any longer.

hops
Member Avatar

Sariah
Aug 4 2008, 08:49 PM
Shylock
Quote:

1. Nick and Katie, B&B
2. Meg and Paul, ATWT

Pshaw - thumbs WAY the hell UP on that one, Nelson! Glad it's not just me that finds them annoying and wastes of space, with zero chemistry.

I can only hope that they'll be over when the summer's over so that JKJ's not wasted on Morgan any longer.
I've seen them on Tuesday's show (Phorgan) and I totally agree. JKJ had more chemistry with KA in their scenes together.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

hops
Aug 4 2008, 09:32 PM
Sariah
Aug 4 2008, 08:49 PM
Shylock
Quote:

1. Nick and Katie, B&B
2. Meg and Paul, ATWT

I've seen them on Tuesday's show (Phorgan) and I totally agree. JKJ had more chemistry with KA in their scenes together.
Kristian has chemistry with everyone :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Aug 4 2008, 05:18 PM
Alligato
Aug 4 2008, 04:54 PM
Shylock
Quote:

1. Nick and Katie, B&B
2. Meg and Paul, ATWT

I second that, Shylock!
Now that Morgan quit the snivelling, I am enjoying the heck out of the flirtation between Phillip and Morgan.
ITA! Phorgan are amazing and I love the playfullness and slow pace of their relationship.

I also think it´s weird nor Stefano´s return, or Bo/Hope´s ON LOCATION vow renewal is not mentioned. I mean, even Toups from SON said tomorrows show is pretty good and he looks forward to watch DAYS again and he is like Dena Higley hater Nr.1. There should be atleast something.
I can't blame Nelson though. With everything going on at Days, it's hard to know who is to blame specifically and I think he's kind of trying to stay away from the issue now with good reason. He got torn apart by some over the whole story so I can see why he would want to steer clear of Days for the moment. I'm sure if the upcoming stuff is good he will at least praise that.

Good column, Nelson.

Happy Fumero is returning but I'm so down on OLTL. It's become way too campy of late. I'm hanging in there though. I wish Adriana would return full-time but Fumero just left so maybe in time she will.

I do disagree about Philip and Morgan because since he saved her I think they have gotten better and have found a comfort level together that works. The playful dynamic between them is so fun. They have a nice chemistry but, again, we'll see how it goes. It's in the early stages right now and could still fail.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Great edition Nelson and I absolutely agree with your assessment of Michelle Ray Smith. I never really cared for her until the last two weeks. Girl was awesome and seeing that she can act, I now wish she were staying.
Edited by Rick, Aug 5 2008, 02:31 AM.

Mason

It's ironic. I've always hated Philip (and disliked JKJ) until this pairing with Morgan. I still think JKJ is overrated as an actor, but if Higley's done one thing right this time around, it's getting me to like Philip (and I can't believe I'm saying that).

And Nelson, you actually like Holden and Carly? :OhMy:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 5 2008, 03:57 PM
It's ironic. I've always hated Philip (and disliked JKJ) until this pairing with Morgan. I still think JKJ is overrated as an actor, but if Higley's done one thing right this time around, it's getting me to like Philip (and I can't believe I'm saying that).

And Nelson, you actually like Holden and Carly? :OhMy:
Wow, I'm not the only one that thinks he's a bit over-rated!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Glad Melissa Fumero is coming back as Adriana, but I wish she was back full-time. I agree there's much storyline potential for Adriana. If Melissa does not want to come back full-time, then re-cast!
Quote Post Goto Top

phloeishot
Member Avatar

I agree with Nelson. Philip & Morgan are boring; JKJ and KR have no chemistry.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

phloeishot
Aug 5 2008, 07:28 PM
Wow. So, in other words, JKJ is no good unless he's with NB? :huh:
Personally, I feel there's been some renewed spark with Philip and Morgan now that she's not whining about Daddy.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Aug 5 2008, 07:33 PM
phloeishot
Personally, I feel there's been some renewed spark with Philip and Morgan now that she's not whining about Daddy.
I liked them before now but I agree. They have alot more life in them now as a couple then about two weeks ago.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
phloeishot
Jay and Kristen are doing a great job in the anti-chemistry department with each other on their own, Nadia has nothing to do with it. Actors either do or don't have a spark together, and to my perception, they're not generating anything with each other on screen, the scenes feel empty. I thought Jay had great chemistry with Martha, even though Phelle rank up there as one of my most hated Days couples. He has pretty good chemistry with Arianne, although I never want want Phicole to be paired. I think the accusation from Phorgan fans that the only people who dislike them together and don't see an epic love story and mind blowing chemistry are those who want Philip with Chloe is getting pretty old, and it's inaccurate, to me anyway, considering that I've seen many who have no interest in Chloe/Phloe but still find Phorgan lackluster at best.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DolceDiMera
Aug 6 2008, 07:33 AM
ladyofthelake
phloeishot
Jay and Kristen are doing a great job in the anti-chemistry department with each other on their own, Nadia has nothing to do with it. Actors either do or don't have a spark together, and to my perception, they're not generating anything with each other on screen, the scenes feel empty. I thought Jay had great chemistry with Martha, even though Phelle rank up there as one of my most hated Days couples. He has pretty good chemistry with Arianne, although I never want want Phicole to be paired. I think the accusation from Phorgan fans that the only people who dislike them together and don't see an epic love story and mind blowing chemistry are those who want Philip with Chloe is getting pretty old, and it's inaccurate, to me anyway, considering that I've seen many who have no interest in Chloe/Phloe but still find Phorgan lackluster at best.
Actually, I don't consider myself a Phorgan person at all. I have been noted to post that, as little as a few weeks ago, I didn't see much there with Philip and Morgan. My OWN post above noted that now she's not whining about Daddy, I see more spark and more fun with them. So, swooping me in with Phorgan people ain't gonna work. I don't claim allegience to ANY couples fanbase, but go with the flow and call 'em as I see them WHEN I see them. A couple of weeks ago, I did say I didn't want them together. Now, I'm calling it differently because the dynamics are different.
But I do find it ironic that there are folks with Phloe banners that continue to bash the Phorgan couple just to bash them, in my view. I just don't consider that an objective criticism, based on my experience with general fanbase dynamics. I'm more apt to believe more objectivity from those who don't claim any fanbase. It's just my prejudice and observation from dealing with boards for a while. BUT in the past, I have noted fanbase members who will admit to seeing chemistry or good stuff with the "enemy", even if it goes against everything they wanted for their couple. I say kudos to them. That goes a long way with me, because even Jett had his good points. :D
Hell, I've even been known to say a good thing or two about Marlena.
So,yeah, until I see someone of the Phloe fanbase say something good about Morgan, I'm going to have that opinion.
And, if someone who is not of the Phloe fanbase bashes them, I might not like it, but I'll accept it because I'll consider it more objective.
And no, I'm not on pain meds this morning.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 6 2008, 07:57 AM
DolceDiMera
ladyofthelake
phloeishot
Actually, I don't consider myself a Phorgan person at all. I have been noted to post that, as little as a few weeks ago, I didn't see much there with Philip and Morgan. My OWN post above noted that now she's not whining about Daddy, I see more spark and more fun with them. So, swooping me in with Phorgan people ain't gonna work. I don't claim allegience to ANY couples fanbase, but go with the flow and call 'em as I see them WHEN I see them. A couple of weeks ago, I did say I didn't want them together. Now, I'm calling it differently because the dynamics are different.
But I do find it ironic that there are folks with Phloe banners that continue to bash the Phorgan couple just to bash them, in my view. I just don't consider that an objective criticism, based on my experience with general fanbase dynamics. I'm more apt to believe more objectivity from those who don't claim any fanbase. It's just my prejudice and observation from dealing with boards for a while. BUT in the past, I have noted fanbase members who will admit to seeing chemistry or good stuff with the "enemy", even if it goes against everything they wanted for their couple. I say kudos to them. That goes a long way with me, because even Jett had his good points. :D
So,yeah, until I see someone of the Phloe fanbase say something good about Morgan, I'm going to have that opinion.
And, if someone who is not of the Phloe fanbase bashes them, I might not like it, but I'll accept it because I'll consider it more objective.
I know that you don't join fanbases, I've seen you say that on other message boards as well, so I was not attempting to lump you with the Phorganers, although I see how it could be interpreted as such since I was replying to your posts. I simply said 'Phorgan fans', and I meant that as general people who support that coupling. I've been told by quite a few of them that I only dislike Morgan because she is with Philip.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DolceDiMera
Aug 6 2008, 08:38 AM
ladyofthelake
Aug 6 2008, 07:57 AM
DolceDiMera
ladyofthelake
phloeishot
I know that you don't join fanbases, I've seen you say that on other message boards as well, so I was not attempting to lump you with the Phorganers, although I see how it could be interpreted as such since I was replying to your posts. I simply said 'Phorgan fans', and I meant that as general people who support that coupling. I've been told by quite a few of them that I only dislike Morgan because she is with Philip.
And I was generalizing as well. Honestly, can you DENY that this is the only reason some Phloe fans don't like Phorgan? It's like the Shimi fans who couldn't like Belle, and the Shelle fans who couldn't like Mimi. Marlena fans who don't like Kate or Ava. Ejami fans who don't like Nicole. Yada, yada, yada. Again, if there weren't Phloe fans who didn't seem to go out of their way to bash Morgan at every turn, I wouldn't even have that assumption.
I never pointed you out by name, and my comment wasn't even directed at you.
But, like Forrest Gump says, "That's all I'm going to say bout DAT"
Edited by ladyofthelake, Aug 6 2008, 08:53 AM.

hops
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
I'm one of the people that have no interest in Chloe/Phloe and haven't been watching for a few weeks and then watched live the other day and saw nothing between Phil and Morgan. It's something that should just hit you. Like I said, I felt more energy between Philip and Hope (not romantic) then Phil/Morgan where I felt no energy at all. I did see the chemistry between Martha's Belle and Jay's Phil though.
Edited by hops, Aug 6 2008, 01:46 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

hops
Aug 6 2008, 01:45 PM
DolceDiMera
I'm one of the people that have no interest in Chloe/Phloe and haven't been watching for a few weeks and then watched live the other day and saw nothing between Phil and Morgan. It's something that should just hit you. Like I said, I felt more energy between Philip and Hope (not romantic) then Phil/Morgan where I felt no energy at all. I did see the chemistry between Martha's Belle and Jay's Phil though.
Now, I'll agree with you on the Belle/Philip thing and respect your opinion about Morgan and Philip because I feel you can look at it objectively. Maybe I'm not fair, but there you have it. ;)
Actually, I think they're missing a large opportunity to not have Belle involved with Philip during this whole dock war mess. It honestly would have worked better than using Morgan. Belle, torn between her lover and the daddy who is her daddy in body only. Imagine the angst!!

Mason

I'm in the minority, but I never saw what the big fuss was about with Phelle. I can honestly say that I didn't see all that much chemistry between Martha and JKJ (or Kyle Brandt, for that matter).

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Aug 6 2008, 02:29 PM
I'm in the minority, but I never saw what the big fuss was about with Phelle. I can honestly say that I didn't see all that much chemistry between Martha and JKJ (or Kyle Brandt, for that matter).
See, that's cause chemistry is SUBJECTIVE!! :D
The couples that make it big are the ones who, I guess, have had a great build up with great writing. I don't know whether the "some see it and some don't" couples are at a disadvantage because of writing, storyline, or if it's just taste.
It's like all the rah-rah that's over at NBC and Sony about Chan. I cannot for the life of me see it, but I'm also looking at the storyline and the character personalities, as they were, and the whole coupling thing doesn't fit. Phorgan didn't work for me a few weeks ago because Morgan lost that snark she had and became whiny and needy. The little flirtations Philip and Morgan had this week, coupled with Morgan's "take no prisoners" attitude towards John has made a potential coupling for them more palatable. OK, I will admit: I'm ready for the accent to go, though. it is distracting.
But, I enjoyed MM with both Philips. Couldn't stand her with both Shawns. I never liked JC's Shawn or FF's Mimi til they were put together. I think it was the friendship vibe there. BB's and MM's Shelle seemed too forced (maybe because there wasn't enough down time between Shawns), and I didn't feel BB ever emoted. The snark between Belle and Phillip when he kidnapped her on that boat was much better, for me, than anything Shelle put out.
Now, Tony and Anna's banter? Beautiful! I think chemistry is solidified for me when a couple can banter, and it just seems natural. Bo and Hope have it for me. Steve and Kayla have it. Tony and Anna have it. Phorgan goes in and out with it. EJ and Nicole have the potential for it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply