Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Nicole's Film Noir Fantasy
Topic Started: Aug 4 2008, 08:59 PM (2,951 Views)
Jiggs
Member Avatar

The photos are nice, but I fear the story will be poorly acted and be full of ridiculous cliches. I doubt the writing will be witty or intelligent like it was when Another World did something similar.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Aug 5 2008, 03:59 PM
The photos are nice, but I fear the story will be poorly acted and be full of ridiculous cliches. I doubt the writing will be witty or intelligent like it was when Another World did something similar.
Poorly written perhaps

Poorly acted - no way! This group of actors is sooooo talented! They certainly picked the right actors for this!
Edited by cjknick, Aug 5 2008, 04:29 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Wow. Talk about premature judging. Maybe you're right, but what if you're wrong? At least, the show will be full of the pretty, and something different. That merits some credit right there.
And, you're saying that James Scott, Jay Kenneth Johnson, and Arianne Zucker are poor actors? I realize and admit the other actors are hot and cold, but James Scott, especially, is rarely accused of being a poor actor.
On the upside, I guess that gives us carte blanche to criticize ALL actors on their acting beforehand? And I mean ALL??????

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cjknick
Aug 5 2008, 04:28 PM
Jiggs
Poorly written perhaps

Poorly acted - no way! This group of actors is sooooo talented! They certainly picked the right actors for this!
I totally agree. Oh, my gosh, cj, I agreed with you!! :o :D ;)

ginababe
BANNED

ladyofthelake
Aug 5 2008, 04:37 PM
Jiggs
Wow. Talk about premature judging. Maybe you're right, but what if you're wrong? At least, the show will be full of the pretty, and something different. That merits some credit right there.
And, you're saying that James Scott, Jay Kenneth Johnson, and Arianne Zucker are poor actors? I realize and admit the other actors are hot and cold, but James Scott, especially, is rarely accused of being a poor actor.
On the upside, I guess that gives us carte blanche to criticize ALL actors on their acting beforehand? And I mean ALL??????
Great post ICA!!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jiggs
ITA!!! Lady!!!

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jiggs
How is it premature judging when I prefaced what I said with "I fear"? :eyeroll: I didn't realize there was a set of rules for what actors you can or can't criticize. And by all means, criticize all actors whenever you feel like it, before you see them or after. :popcorn:

ginababe
BANNED

Jiggs
Aug 5 2008, 10:52 PM
ladyofthelake
Jiggs
How is it premature judging when I prefaced what I said with "I fear"? :eyeroll: I didn't realize there was a set of rules for what actors you can or can't criticize. And by all means, criticize all actors whenever you feel like it, before you see them or after. :popcorn:
Then the same could be said for Drake. For the longest time, I thought he was a horrible actor, but then NuJohn came along, and DH has impressed the hell out of me.. Just because someone may not like a character, doesn't mean they can't appreciate what the actor brings to that character. And that is how I feel about Drake in regards to NuJohn.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ginababe
Aug 5 2008, 11:45 PM
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
Jiggs
Then the same could be said for Drake. For the longest time, I thought he was a horrible actor, but then NuJohn came along, and DH has impressed the hell out of me.. Just because someone may not like a character, doesn't mean they can't appreciate what the actor brings to that character. And that is how I feel about Drake in regards to NuJohn.
:shrug: Not sure what that has to do with my comment.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

I'm shocked, truly shocked how gorgeous Alison Sweeney looks in those pictures...I seriously doubted out of all the ladies she'd be able to pull this look off, but I think she's blows them all out of the water...(hurts to saaaay!!) even Arianne. She just looks...wow, and she's pregnant! That must be it...or the hair, something. Damn, why does she look so pretty? Maybe it's the black and white...er, it's gotta be cause she's next to James...well, then again, she looks fantastic with Bryan too. Okay, I'll stop, but she does look beautiful.

Ari again, totally pulls this off. I bet Nicole is going to be the mysterious 'other woman' for Ej across the room while he's with Sami. Total vixen!

NB looks...the same, lol.

JKJ is fucking sex. Love it, dude, I'm loving this, and I don't give a damn about most of these characters anymore. He looks fantastic with his hair slicked back, and James...oh James, there are no words. Gah!

Watch, just watch, I'll love these episodes and it figures they're only temporary! If they're really good, maybe Days and just turn itself into a new era, like, same characters, same stories (okay, nix the stories) and just pretend they're in the 40's. I'd love me some 40's era Koz, SN, and PR...okay, KA can come too.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jiggs
I agree.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
ladyofthelake
Jiggs
Thank you for the permission!! I can't wait..........
Posted Image

Ah, all the things I've wanted to say at certain places and have never been allowed to...............
But, in fairness, I think I will try to heed to the rule that I will wait before I criticize. And, I'll be a equal-opportunity basher.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Aug 6 2008, 08:12 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Aug 6 2008, 12:05 AM
ginababe
Aug 5 2008, 11:45 PM
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
Jiggs
:shrug: Not sure what that has to do with my comment.
I think she's saying she's actually judging what she has SEEN as far as acting goes, even if the character doesn't exactly fit some people's, er, set mold notions about John? And that she's opened her mind to this new character? More power to her!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This looks SOOO fucking sick!!!!

I cannot WAIT!

DAYS could snag quite a few technical emmy's next year for this material.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DolceDiMera
Aug 6 2008, 07:17 AM
ladyofthelake
Jiggs
I agree.
I third this sentiment. My god!

Give the material a chance before you bash it to shit.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mitchapalooza
Aug 6 2008, 02:57 PM
DolceDiMera
Aug 6 2008, 07:17 AM
ladyofthelake
Jiggs
I agree.
I third this sentiment. My god!

Give the material a chance before you bash it to shit.

God, I love you :hail: :laugh: .

Please post more! :smile: :laugh: .

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply