Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Cast comments on HW controversy; at Greenville event
Topic Started: Aug 5 2008, 11:06 AM (2,583 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I heard this in Greenville at the Days event...

During the question and answer time someone asked the all important question about the HEAD WRITER controversy!! NO ONE wanted to answer that! They just looked at each other waiting on someone to take the question---so finally a brave RACHEL took it!

Rachel told us that she found out about the mess ON LINE just like we all did! She said "I read the message boards all the time, because I have NO life" then she went on to say that all they know is that Dena is back at work-and it APPEARS that she is staying. And she made the point to say that they were NOT allowed to write their own lines. They all kinda giggled at that..

THEN Bryan said "Im just going to tell you Ali Sweeny is the new head writer!--There I said it!!" The look on the others face was PRICELESS-they were like I CAN'T BELIEVE BRYAN JUST SAID THAT!! Now Bryan teased all weekend long-so no one knew how to take it-but the cast sure got a kick out of him saying that.

Of course afterwards everyone was speculating that perhaps Ali was the Diva????? I personally dont see it being true. Who knows!!

But according to them--it sounds like its OK now. Darin mentioned it again later on when we were talking about him dating his niece--and he said he never knew what his scripts might say, and I said "yeah and you never know who the writer might be" and he said "No I think we are fine now and Dena is staying."

http://spoilerdiva.proboards40.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&thread=7751&page=5#150304
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie ... I love cast insight! Good to know that some actors read the boards! I suppose they have to take the good with the bad!

Kenny
Member Avatar

So they're acknowledging that there was some drama with Dena, but they're denying that any of them re-wrote their scenes. A few of them seem to be alluding to the fact that it happened -- Bryan Dattillo and Darin Brooks, for example. Interesting.

Thanks for posting!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Leave it to Bryan D. Haha! He has that sense of humor where he can say anything, and then back it up with the fact that you don't know if he's joking or being serious. I think he was being serious and wisely said it in a joking manner so that his ass would be kept safe after spilling such damaging news.

Kenny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Aug 5 2008, 11:25 AM
Leave it to Bryan D. Haha! He has that sense of humor where he can say anything, and then back it up with the fact that you don't know if he's joking or being serious. I think he was being serious and wisely said it in a joking manner so that his ass would be kept safe after spilling such damaging news.
Definitely. I mean, how coincidental is it that Alison Sweeney has been the person most speculated as the "diva" and then one of the actors comes right out and "jokingly" states that it's her.

aimees76
Member Avatar

LMAO .... oh, Bryan :)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Maybe he was being facetious? I think it's hilarious that he just faced it and came right out with it, almost in a mocking manner. I certainly think it's better than just ducking and hiding. I, for one, am not going to keep reading into every little innuendo. If it's meant to come out, it'll come out, for Pete's sake.
Rachel, stay away from the NBC board!!!

aimees76
Member Avatar

LOL, I agree LotL

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Great read except for the Dena's back at work and staying. Props to Rachel for being brave enough to talk about it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 5 2008, 11:45 AM
Great read except for the Dena's back at work and staying. Props to Rachel for being brave enough to talk about it.
She wanted to speak up before anyone called her out. :P

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 5 2008, 11:45 AM
And props to Rachel for being brave enough to read the boards! Especially with the general reaction to Rachel/Chelsea these days.

Tammy
Member Avatar

The fact that Bryan said that can mean one of two things IMO!

1. It IS Ali Sweeney that the article was referring too.
2.The actors visit these message boards often lmao

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Thanks!

Poor Rachel - She reads the message board... people calling her out as the actress from the BI.... LOL!

Edited by Rakesh198, Aug 5 2008, 12:02 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Tammy
Aug 5 2008, 11:48 AM
The fact that Bryan said that can mean one of two things IMO!

1. It IS Ali Sweeney that the article was referring too.
2.The actors visit these message boards often lmao
LMAO

ITA. Maybe BD was that mysterious member that signed up that night during the scandal... lol

Ives
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 5 2008, 11:33 AM
Maybe he was being facetious? I think it's hilarious that he just faced it and came right out with it, almost in a mocking manner. I certainly think it's better than just ducking and hiding. I, for one, am not going to keep reading into every little innuendo. If it's meant to come out, it'll come out, for Pete's sake.
Rachel, stay away from the NBC board!!!
LOL

I would have advised Rachel to stay away from this board and the monster thread where it was all the speculation that she was the one doing coke and sleeping around.

As for Bryan, I am sure that he has heard the speculation about Ali on the boards and made the joke accordingly. I would not see him outing her like that in a real manner.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Rakesh198
Aug 5 2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks!

Poor Rachel - She read the message board... people calling her out as the actress from the BI. LOL!

LOL. Hopefully, Rachel stormed into Dena's office and demanded she ends Chan.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ponz
Member Avatar

Knowing Bryan, he heard of the rumor prior to the Q&A and decided to have some fun with it. LOL.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I know. I have a feeling that Bryan was told about the rumor and just ran with it. He can be a sassy one when he wants to be! And they probably all know what has been said and were surprised that Bryan would "confirm" it like that.
At least they have their sense of humor.
I think Darin did let it slip that you never know who is writing and what direction it is going in.

Looks like a good time there!

deefanUBS

Quote:

Dena is back at work-and it APPEARS that she is staying.

"No I think we are fine now and Dena is staying."

Oh great! Posted Image

FanODays

Kenny
Aug 5 2008, 11:17 AM
So they're acknowledging that there was some drama with Dena, but they're denying that any of them re-wrote their scenes. A few of them seem to be alluding to the fact that it happened -- Bryan Dattillo and Darin Brooks, for example. Interesting.

Thanks for posting!
They all rewrite or request rewrites of scenes, we've been reading about that for years. KA did some rewrites of Hope's eulogy for John, we've read how Cook would ask for rewrites and many others. In fact I've even read on this board how the actors should ask for rewrites or to change scenes if its not historically accurate or in character.

I'm still going with this was all 'leaked' by Higley although she might have used someone as a shield, just to cover her own ass and to have someone else to blame for the bad writing and the declining viewership.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply