Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Cast comments on HW controversy; at Greenville event
Topic Started: Aug 5 2008, 11:06 AM (2,620 Views)
FanODays

Kenny
Aug 5 2008, 11:28 AM
DrewHamilton
Aug 5 2008, 11:25 AM
Leave it to Bryan D. Haha! He has that sense of humor where he can say anything, and then back it up with the fact that you don't know if he's joking or being serious. I think he was being serious and wisely said it in a joking manner so that his ass would be kept safe after spilling such damaging news.
Definitely. I mean, how coincidental is it that Alison Sweeney has been the person most speculated as the "diva" and then one of the actors comes right out and "jokingly" states that it's her.
Also that it came from the person who Ali is closest to on the set.

Seriously though, what difference does it make? 'Over blown diva' my ass. I bet Higley would say that about anyone who dared to change her stories. I say, GO ALI!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ladyofthelake
Aug 5 2008, 11:33 AM

Rachel, stay away from the NBC board!!!
Well the NBC board is probably the chan friendliest out there outside her own forum and blog, I'd hate for her to read what other boards suggest on the BI and their bashing of Chan.

That said, I wish everyone from the show would stay away from the NBC board, I still can't believe they insist that's the one they read the most.

deefanUBS

FanODays
Aug 5 2008, 12:45 PM
I'm still going with this was all 'leaked' by Higley although she might have used someone as a shield, just to cover her own ass and to have someone else to blame for the bad writing and the declining viewership.
Yup, not only did she nearly run DAYS into the ground, but when someone finally had enough and tried to fix her mess, she ofcourse made sure the WGA heard about it. But that wasn't enough for her, as a nice added bonus she also made sure it was leaked to the media. A real peach that Higley is, isn't she?!

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Tripp
Aug 5 2008, 12:55 PM
ladyofthelake

Well the NBC board is probably the chan friendliest out there outside her own forum and blog, I'd hate for her to read what other boards suggest on the BI and their bashing of Chan.

That said, I wish everyone from the show would stay away from the NBC board, I still can't believe they insist that's the one they read the most.
I can't think of a board worst thsn the NBC one for TPTB to allow so much influence. They should have learned their lesson from the Santeen catastrophe, but I'm sure that's still the board they use to gauge couple and storyline popularity. It's plain scary!

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Well it does make it seem like there was some type of drama behind the scenes at Days with Dena. Would not be surprised one bit if she leaked the story and went to the WGA in order to make a power play and against Ed and/or anyone who didn't like her stories. Sounds like my students when they are caught doing something wrong and go tattle tailing on everyone else to get out of trouble.

Errol

Tripp
ladyofthelake

I can believe it. It is the easiest accessible board out there as it is run by NBC itself. Why go to other unknown entities, if NBC gives them a board to gauge responses from fans? It's not like many posters on other boards aren't members of NBC's board as well.

We're all one big happy family afterall, lol

Red Mist
Member Avatar

thanks, interesting tid bit.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Errol
Aug 5 2008, 01:26 PM
Tripp
ladyofthelake

I can believe it. It is the easiest accessible board out there as it is run by NBC itself. Why go to other unknown entities, if NBC gives them a board to gauge responses from fans? It's not like many posters on other boards aren't members of NBC's board as well.

We're all one big happy family afterall, lol
The mobs over there assassinated so many innocent posters.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ives
Aug 5 2008, 11:51 AM
ladyofthelake
Maybe he was being facetious? I think it's hilarious that he just faced it and came right out with it, almost in a mocking manner. I certainly think it's better than just ducking and hiding. I, for one, am not going to keep reading into every little innuendo. If it's meant to come out, it'll come out, for Pete's sake.
LOL

I would have advised Rachel to stay away from this board and the monster thread where it was all the speculation that she was the one doing coke and sleeping around.

As for Bryan, I am sure that he has heard the speculation about Ali on the boards and made the joke accordingly. I would not see him outing her like that in a real manner.
Well, truth be told, this isn't the only board that suspected her of being the BI. Actually, another board started on that about the same time or even earlier.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I know so many people that left the nbc board (myself included). That board is the worst of them all and a terribly inaccurate gauge of general fan opinion.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

aimees76
Aug 5 2008, 02:57 PM
I know so many people that left the nbc board (myself included). That board is the worst of them all and a terribly inaccurate gauge of general fan opinion.
But apparently that does not stop TPTB from listening to it.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Ives
Aug 5 2008, 11:51 AM
ladyofthelake
Maybe he was being facetious? I think it's hilarious that he just faced it and came right out with it, almost in a mocking manner. I certainly think it's better than just ducking and hiding. I, for one, am not going to keep reading into every little innuendo. If it's meant to come out, it'll come out, for Pete's sake.
LOL

I would have advised Rachel to stay away from this board and the monster thread where it was all the speculation that she was the one doing coke and sleeping around.

As for Bryan, I am sure that he has heard the speculation about Ali on the boards and made the joke accordingly. I would not see him outing her like that in a real manner.
Only it sounds by their reaction to his "joke" that it very likely is the truth. He's clever that's for sure.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

Tammy
Aug 5 2008, 11:48 AM
The fact that Bryan said that can mean one of two things IMO!

1. It IS Ali Sweeney that the article was referring too.
2.The actors visit these message boards often lmao
I see it as the fact he said it means

A - he's heard the boards have speculated this and he is making fun of it - something I would do.

B - Bryan is a goof as always.

~bl~
Member Avatar

I have never been a member and can't recall reading the NBC board ever...The last time I was at NBC.com looking at Days stuff, I think Sunset Beach was still on the air.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

CinderAngelkc
Aug 5 2008, 05:05 PM
Tammy

A - he's heard the boards have speculated this and he is making fun of it - something I would do.

I'm shaking my head at utter amazement at how much stock people are putting into Bryan's joke. IF he's telling the truth, then apparently this whole thing is a tempest in a teapot or he wouldn't be kidding about it. I'm sure, if this was truly serious business, they'd have a gag order about it. Jokester that Bryan is, I'm sure he wouldn't jeopardize a friendship of more than a decade in order to be funny.
I still don't get why this is such a big deal. It's like some WANT to find Allison guilty of something.

Days4Life

ladyofthelake
Aug 5 2008, 06:29 PM
CinderAngelkc
Aug 5 2008, 05:05 PM
Tammy

I'm shaking my head at utter amazement at how much stock people are putting into Bryan's joke. IF he's telling the truth, then apparently this whole thing is a tempest in a teapot or he wouldn't be kidding about it. I'm sure, if this was truly serious business, they'd have a gag order about it. Jokester that Bryan is, I'm sure he wouldn't jeopardize a friendship of more than a decade in order to be funny.
I still don't get why this is such a big deal. It's like some WANT to find Allison guilty of something.
Lady, I agree with you. Bryan and Alison have been friends for a long time and love working together. If the diva in question is Alison and if it was a serious matter, I can't believe he would be joking about it. I've always been convinced the part of this story about an actress claiming to be the HW was taken out of context and blown up to be more than it was. I was outside today telling a neighbor I was almost sent to jail because I was at Borders with my niece and she shoplifted an item. It was a joke, of course (she really did hide an item in her stroller, but she's only two, I took it right back inside and everyone laughed about it). If my neighborhood was like the Internet, I would already be branded a thief and a liar and people would be barricading their doors when they saw me coming.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Several different ways at looking at this.

First. Bryan is very close to Ali so if she is the diva, I think he would have an idea if she is so I doubt he would just come out and say out. However, on the other hand, the reactions to his saying that could also be looked at as suggesting that he said something he shouldn't have. Of course, that may fall in line with the show wants to keep a lid on the subject in general but still. Reactions can be telling. Bryan does joke around alot like this but he will sometimes say something in a mocking manner that is actually true so he doesn't get in too much hot water and so it doesn't look malicious. I'm not quite sure what my take is. I don't know if he would just openly throw her name out there if it's true but who knows. Maybe there was a falling out or something. I doubt it but still.

I applaud Rachel for addressing the issue. I like that Darin addressed it in a way too and he did subtly hint at the fact that direction can change and you never know who may write and what may change.

Good stuff. I think one thing we can definitely take from this is that this was a big deal and that something big did go down, judging by the reactions of everyone there. Another thing is that this isn't going away. It's died down but this issue is likely far from sorting itself out.

On another note, TPTB need to stay the hell away from the NBC boards. That board is the last board that should be looked at for feedback. Not surprised Bryan and Rachel seem to read the boards. I think most actors and actresses do, at least the ones who have thick skin as I think you need that because there will be bashing and I think they get that.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 6 2008, 12:52 AM.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Aug 6 2008, 12:45 AM
...the reactions to his saying that could also be looked at as suggesting that he said something he shouldn't have. Of course, that may fall in line with the show wants to keep a lid on the subject in general but still. Reactions can be telling. Bryan does joke around alot like this but he will sometimes say something in a mocking manner that is actually true so he doesn't get in too much hot water and so it doesn't look malicious.
That's what I think it was.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Tripp
Aug 5 2008, 03:02 PM
aimees76
I know I left that board. There were always threads about threads about praising this couple or this character. Then there would be a thread against a character/couple. There are not a lot of posts about what was actually was happening on the show, especially if it didn't go along with a fanbase. If you didn't agree with the majority...look out. I would not be surprised there were people working for NBC who only look at the things they want to see and post to get their agenda across. The Sony board is even worse. But unfortunately these seem to be the only boards TPTB at Days listen to.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cubsgirl
Aug 6 2008, 06:15 AM
Tripp
Aug 5 2008, 03:02 PM
aimees76
I know I left that board. There were always threads about threads about praising this couple or this character. Then there would be a thread against a character/couple. There are not a lot of posts about what was actually was happening on the show, especially if it didn't go along with a fanbase. If you didn't agree with the majority...look out. I would not be surprised there were people working for NBC who only look at the things they want to see and post to get their agenda across. The Sony board is even worse. But unfortunately these seem to be the only boards TPTB at Days listen to.
Bingo! I started on Days boards to discuss storylines like one would with friends, but those two boards....never mind. Let's just say there's no flexibility for open minds. And the moderation is terribly unfair.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply