Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: New Billy Abbott Cast
Topic Started: Aug 5 2008, 03:41 PM (935 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Posted Image

AMC's Richie may be dead and gone, but his portrayer Billy Miller will soon be popping up on Y&R as the new Billy Abbott. "He's a winner," a Y&R cast member says about Miller. That's a good sign, since the role has been a problematic one to recast. After winningly played by David Tom (1999-2002), two unsuccessful replacements (Ryan Brown and Scott Seymour) followed.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Nice. Maybe Billy Abbott will stick around for a while now.
Thanks Rhiannon.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

thanks for posting. I loved him on AMC. I can't wait to see him as Billy.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Solid casting.

Hopefully he sticks around this time. Glad we have another Abbott around.

kserox10

AMC loss is Y&R gain.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

This will be VERY good for the show IMO! He was a hissable villain on AMC but ,once in a GREAT while ,he would add a hint of vulnerablity! I think Billy Abbott works best as a sort of jaded, cynical character who is much like his older brother!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Grandpa Hughes
Aug 10 2008, 09:36 AM
This will be VERY good for the show IMO! He was a hissable villain on AMC but ,once in a GREAT while ,he would add a hint of vulnerablity! I think Billy Abbott works best as a sort of jaded, cynical character who is much like his older brother!
Sorry, I should qualify that I was writing of his brother JACK! It's still hard for me to get my mind around the "Cane is Phillip III" mess! As much as I've appreciated the current writing staff trying to tie up the many loose ends left by Latham , I don't know if I want MAB and HS to even ATTEMPT to straighten that one out!

MattPbwr
Member Avatar

If they were to bring back MacKenzie for Billy, do you think Ashley B would return or is she too busy studying plastic surgery?

Deleted User
Deleted User

MattPbwr
Aug 10 2008, 08:12 PM
If they were to bring back MacKenzie for Billy, do you think Ashley B would return or is she too busy studying plastic surgery?
Honestly, I say RECAST Mac. Both actresses were nothing special, IMO. Plus, there are so many actresses out of wrok now who would fit perfectly as Mac.
Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

If the writers had been smart, they would have made Amanda a liar where Mac's paternity is concerned! It wasn't like she was ABOVE that sort of thing! I could have sworn I read a suggestion by Nelson Branco that Y&R recast Mac with Eden Reigel! He may have suggested a different character but ER as Mac could be fun! I wasn't crazy about the two Mackenzie recasts but Ashley B. had real talent and the character had a lot of potential IMO! The show blew it with that whole "generation" of characters as far as firings and recastings and bad pairings! The only survivor is the less than exciting JT and who'da seen THAT coming? I don't count Colleen as being part of that crew with the "glow kids"!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply